Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TCL LX Phone

Feedback Score

TCL LX Phone

I absolutely love this phone despite some quirks about resolution and speed. I was able to use this phone in some instances for 2 1/2 days without charging. This phone is a bit of an odd ball under the TCL name which makes televisions but darn! This phone really is nice for what it is.

Device(s)
    Help me get my little girl off the phone! She talks too much causing her mommy a lot of money!
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    According to some forums there are some users who are getting unwanted robo calls from this phone.

They want to know how to turn off wifi from the cellphone's contacts where a wifi connection yields countless "hacking robo calls" when the phone turns the wifi on automatically instead of the user turning it on.

Like the Littlebear, there are those who love the phone for its 16:9 movie playback and that phone can be activated or "Sim'ed" to AT&T as well as Tmobile other than it's intended Verizon makeup! It's still on sale at Best Buy for $29.99. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tracfon...?skuId=6288020
    Help me get my little girl off the phone! She talks too much causing her
    mommy a lot of money!

Everyone is welcome here! If you have a love for service
    that carries on, then look no further!

LG Rebel 2 1 3 which one? And now 4! Whew!!!!!!

Tracfone Lifetime Service Member !!!

Feedback Score
    Can you provide links if you're able to with this information? So far my phone has been fine but I get the usual phone spam from my area code and other calls involving fake IRS interrogating information. Good thing there is a block feature which automatically declines calls from unwanted numbers, no extra app needed.

When I activated my phone, there was a OTA update for my Android so I installed it and it worked out fine.

Device(s)
    LG V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky, LG Power
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I'm intrigued by this phone. I know it's a budget phone, but how is the camera? God awful compared to even a moto e4's? Some camera samples would be amazing, if it looks alright I may get this as a backup, Oreo OS and decent enough specs

Device(s)
    Help me get my little girl off the phone! She talks too much causing her mommy a lot of money!
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Here's a photo as a test because many users of the forums say their photos never get to the forums. LittleBear should be able to help you with photos. From what i read the photos are pretty decent ones. Just think the company made TVs so pics should be better than average.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by medontknow View Post
    Just think the company made TVs so pics should be better than average.
    It's made by Alcatel. I've never seen a TV from them but lots of phones.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Does this help or further confuse the issue?

Who owns TCL TV company?
    The T&A joint-venture between TCL Communication and Alcatel is made official. TCL shares are launched on the Hong Kong stock exchange. The company becomes the largest TV manufacturer by merging with the TV division of Thomson, which owns the RCA and Thomson brands.

Who makes TCL televisions?
    TCL took a 67 percent stake in the joint venture, with Thomson SA holding the rest of the shares, and it was agreed that televisions made by TCL-Thomson would be marketed under the TCL brand in Asia and the Thomson and RCA brands in Europe and North America.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Who owns TCL TV company?
    The T&A joint-venture between TCL Communication and Alcatel is made official. TCL shares are launched on the Hong Kong stock exchange. The company becomes the largest TV manufacturer by merging with the TV division of Thomson, which owns the RCA and Thomson brands.

Who makes TCL televisions?
    TCL took a 67 percent stake in the joint venture, with Thomson SA holding the rest of the shares, and it was agreed that televisions made by TCL-Thomson would be marketed under the TCL brand in Asia and the Thomson and RCA brands in Europe and North America.
    That's interesting. Except the TLC brand is being marketed in N. America, too.

Device(s)
    LG V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky, LG Power
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I was always intrigued by those rather large inexpensive TCL hdtv's but I've had an el cheapo Sceptre 1080p LED 32inch for over 5 years now with no issues. I'm convinced the colors aren't as good or rich as a more expensive samsung or even some sanyo or phillips I've seen my friend play their game systems on, but for $200 brand new back in 2013 for an LED 1080p 32inch, it was the cheapest brand new tv I had ever seen for those specs

I'm really intrigued by this TCL phone. Seems to be no recent halfway decent specced LG phone for the bottom barrel backup phone budget of 30 bucks I set aside after my iphone had an unexpected issue, possibly battery, possibly anything. I've scoured ebay and even the Phoenix 3 for example costs what the better specced Phoenix 2 does or more,etc

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSnake91 View Post
    Seems to be no recent halfway decent specced LG phone for the bottom barrel backup phone budget of 30 bucks I set aside after my iphone had an unexpected issue, possibly battery, possibly anything. I've scoured ebay and even the Phoenix 3 for example costs what the better specced Phoenix 2 does or more,etc
    I think you're suffering from what they call "Analysis Paralysis". Too much analyzing leads to being unable to make a decision.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Does this help or further confuse the issue?

Who owns TCL TV company?
    The T&A joint-venture between TCL Communication and Alcatel is made official.
    The plot thickens.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    The plot thickens.
    There's more. According to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCL_Corporation.
    -In May 2005, TCL announced that its Hong Kong-listed unit would acquire Alcatel's 45 per cent stake in their mobile-phone joint venture for consideration of HK$63.34 million ($8.1 million) worth of TCL Communication shares.
    -In June 2007, TCL announced that its mobile phone division planned to cease using the Alcatel brand and switch entirely to the TCL brand within five years.
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    -In June 2007, TCL announced that its mobile phone division planned to cease using the Alcatel brand and switch entirely to the TCL brand within five years.
    Well they missed that date...

This is the first time I've seen Alcatel and TCL together. Just a few years ago I'd never heard of TCL then the name showed making TVs.

Appears they've been behind the scenes for a while.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    This used to be the main name of TV that was sold at Radio Shack. You know that has been a while back!
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Well they missed that date...

This is the first time I've seen Alcatel and TCL together. Just a few years ago I'd never heard of TCL then the name showed making TVs.

Appears they've been behind the scenes for a while.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast