Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile forever lacks HD Voice interoperability with ATT/Sprint/Verizon?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Question T-Mobile forever lacks HD Voice interoperability with ATT/Sprint/Verizon?

Recent post showing Sprint <-> Verizon now have HD Voice interoperability.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/com...w_swapping_hd/

A comment from the above post:
    "As "big bad cell giant" as Verizon is, I don't believe that for a second. We already know that Verizon has HD Voice interoperability with both AT&T and Sprint. It's definitely a T-Mobile issue, not Verizon. Considering T-Mobile has been promising RCS for a LONG time now and as of yet have failed to deliver, I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to play the game all by themselves for now."

Does anyone know if T-Mobile will ever offer HD Voice interoperability with the other carriers?

Feedback Score
    Um, works just fine here many times with non-Tmo users on the other end. I know for a fact it works fine with some AT&T users.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    Um, works just fine here many times with non-Tmo users on the other end. I know for a fact it works fine with some AT&T users.
    I recently tested T-Mobile calling a couple of family members on AT&T and HD Voice was not present. I've seen reports of it "sometimes working" but it seems hit-or-miss. With ATT<->ATT or ATT<->Verizon it works every call.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Can't confirm for sure but I've made tmobile to att calls that definitely sounded like hd voice while I was driving the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile to AT&T voice calls Sure beats Verizon sound quality to even Verizon phones.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Can't confirm for sure but I've made tmobile to att calls that definitely sounded like hd voice while I was driving the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I talk to my daughter on her AT&T service as she drives back from work for 30 minutes at a time and the sound quality is crystal clear even with her driving on an interstate.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpiszcz View Post
    Recent post showing Sprint <-> Verizon now have HD Voice interoperability.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/com...w_swapping_hd/

A comment from the above post:
    "As "big bad cell giant" as Verizon is, I don't believe that for a second. We already know that Verizon has HD Voice interoperability with both AT&T and Sprint. It's definitely a T-Mobile issue, not Verizon. Considering T-Mobile has been promising RCS for a LONG time now and as of yet have failed to deliver, I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to play the game all by themselves for now."

Does anyone know if T-Mobile will ever offer HD Voice interoperability with the other carriers?
    Please tell me What RCS has to do with HD Voice calls? Rich Communications Services (RCS) is the protocol that will replace SMS texts.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Please tell me What RCS has to do with HD Voice calls? Rich Communications Services (RCS) is the protocol that will replace SMS texts.
    It was mentioned in regard to T-Mobile taking forever to make things work while others are excelling.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    T-Mobile to AT&T voice calls Sure beats Verizon sound quality to even Verizon phones.
    Lol, Verizon and AT&T use the same HD codecs that T-Mobile does... Verizon also employs the same EVS tech that T-Mobile does.

Sent from my iPhone Xs using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Feedback Score

T-Mobile forever lacks HD Voice interoperability with ATT/Sprint/Verizon?

Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Lol, Verizon and AT&T use the same HD codecs that T-Mobile does... Verizon also employs the same EVS tech that T-Mobile does.

Verizon HD voice has more treble probably for voice clarity. I personally like the VZ HD Voice sound but I could see some people having trouble getting used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Yes Verizon HD Voice lacks lower midrange & can sound kind of tinny on some phones.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    There is a difference between VoLTE and HD voice - VoLTE is just one part of HD voice, and T-Mobile’s call quality over VoLTE is darn good (heck, their 3G HSPA calling was really good too). Their cell quality is at/near landline quality.

That said, HD voice is kind of eerie at times. For example, I use my corporate Verizon line to call work colleagues many times and it’s really just the “next best thing to being there” (those over 40 or so years old will get the pun). I seriously get that “airy feel” from the excellent, full sound quality and I can tell a major difference from a VoLTE using Google Voice and a direct Verizon to/from AT&T HD voice call — so much so, that I can at many times clearly hear the background noise/voices if they are home (and I become self-conscious about the background noise at my location).

Bluetooth or another intermediary really diminishes the impact but if you’re talking to another person via handset or wired headset, you can tell the difference.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post

LOL Verizon to Verizon isn't close the quality of sound as T-Mobile to even AT&T. Nothing is wrong with the HD sound quality between T-Mobile and AT&T since I speak to family three times a week and it is great quality.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Yes Verizon HD Voice lacks lower midrange & can sound kind of tinny on some phones.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using HoFo mobile app
    Agreed, Verizon sound quality makes many people sound like a soprano. As someone that can still hear high pitched sounds, Verizon's sound is irritating high pitched and doesn't sound like the person's real voice.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    There is a difference between VoLTE and HD voice - VoLTE is just one part of HD voice, and T-Mobile’s call quality over VoLTE is darn good (heck, their 3G HSPA calling was really good too). Their cell quality is at/near landline quality.

That said, HD voice is kind of eerie at times. For example, I use my corporate Verizon line to call work colleagues many times and it’s really just the “next best thing to being there” (those over 40 or so years old will get the pun). I seriously get that “airy feel” from the excellent, full sound quality and I can tell a major difference from a VoLTE using Google Voice and a direct Verizon to/from AT&T HD voice call — so much so, that I can at many times clearly hear the background noise/voices if they are home (and I become self-conscious about the background noise at my location).

Bluetooth or another intermediary really diminishes the impact but if you’re talking to another person via handset or wired headset, you can tell the difference.
    I fully agree with the HD voice and how well it does sound. I thought the phones having 3 mics or more these days was to diminish this but it seems to only amplify it. Also, most junk bluetooth headsets or devices you're very correct about. My car's built in one though is excellent and sounds just fine. Honestly, it's probably because it's coming out of 6 speakers and a sub-woofer that makes up for possible degradation from the interface.

Also, I had to explain to my dad and his girlfriend one day if they want to speak to me, especially while driving, their dog can't be barking its head off. My dad finally got it when I pointed out the dog barks were loud and clear in my car and coming at me in 6 speaker surround sound.

My dad and his girlfriend have ATT by the way, HD voice works fine. I also will say whatever VZW does to make their calls so high pitched gets annoying talking to my mom. She doesn't get it at all, but talking to her strains my ears. Horrid really.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast