Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 106

Thread: T-Mobile/Sprint End of Year Coverage Maps 12/30/2018

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    254
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    T-Mobile/Sprint End of Year Coverage Maps 12/30/2018

    I did two coverage comparison maps of T-Mobile/Sprint as of Dec 30, 2018.
    Dark Green: T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Light Green: T-Mobile 3G/4G HSPA
    Grey: T-Mobile 2G EDGE
    Yellow: Sprint 4G LTE
    Does not include Sprint 3G Coverage



    Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,493
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsoul1989 View Post
    I did two coverage comparison maps of T-Mobile/Sprint as of Dec 30, 2018.
    Dark Green: T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Light Green: T-Mobile 3G/4G HSPA
    Grey: T-Mobile 2G EDGE
    Yellow: Sprint 4G LTE
    Does not include Sprint 3G Coverage



    Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk
    Why no love for Nebraska? I know basically low population density, but still, that is a big gaping hole.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Why no love for Nebraska? I know basically low population density, but still, that is a big gaping hole.
    They have a roaming agreement with Viaero in Nebraska

    Sent from my SM-G930U using HoFo mobile app

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,130
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevejohnson321 View Post
    They have a roaming agreement with Viaero in Nebraska

    Sent from my SM-G930U using HoFo mobile app
    Isn't Viaero LTE roaming counted as native for T-Mobile customers?
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Isn't Viaero LTE roaming counted as native for T-Mobile customers?
    Yes

    Sent from my SM-G930U using HoFo mobile app

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    150
    Feedback Score
    0
    Since Sprint now has a roaming deal with Tmobile wouldnt the lte coverage for the 2 carriers be pretty much identical now with the roaming agreement? I get its not native coverage, but i believe its roam like home. Are there areas on Tmobile where Sprint is not allowed to roam? Id assume since most Sprint devices do not have band 71, or its not enabled by Sprint software, band 71 only areas may be a no go, but are they limited in areas they can roam?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    15,846
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mick_mandingo View Post
    Since Sprint now has a roaming deal with Tmobile wouldnt the lte coverage for the 2 carriers be pretty much identical now with the roaming agreement? I get its not native coverage, but i believe its roam like home. Are there areas on Tmobile where Sprint is not allowed to roam? Id assume since most Sprint devices do not have band 71, or its not enabled by Sprint software, band 71 only areas may be a no go, but are they limited in areas they can roam?
    Does Sprint actually roam on T-Mobile today? I have not seen roaming on Sprint, even in areas where our Nexus 5x used to switch to Sprint because of no T-Mobile signal. Sprint can limit roaming on T-Mobile the same way they limit roaming on other carriers. As long as there is a Sprint signal, the phone won't roam.
    Donald Newcomb

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    150
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Does Sprint actually roam on T-Mobile today? I have not seen roaming on Sprint, even in areas where our Nexus 5x used to switch to Sprint because of no T-Mobile signal. Sprint can limit roaming on T-Mobile the same way they limit roaming on other carriers. As long as there is a Sprint signal, the phone won't roam.
    I've seen people reporting TMobile roaming on Sprint. Its apparently data roaming only, no volte. I'm not sure though what, if any restrictions are placed on it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,141
    Device(s)
    Pixel 2, 3a & 4xl; Moto X4 & 7; ZTE R2; iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    0
    When actual service matches the dark green on your map, I’m all in.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    135
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 (US Cellular), 10.5 inch iPad Pro (Sprint)
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsoul1989 View Post
    I did two coverage comparison maps of T-Mobile/Sprint as of Dec 30, 2018.
    Dark Green: T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Light Green: T-Mobile 3G/4G HSPA
    Grey: T-Mobile 2G EDGE
    Yellow: Sprint 4G LTE
    Does not include Sprint 3G Coverage



    Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk
    I see how where I live is nice and yellow. No T-Mobile where I live. At least for now. My area is probably one of the biggest gaps for T-Mobile where Sprint actually covers.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Redondo Beach, California
    Posts
    485
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatheronthe8s View Post
    I see how where I live is nice and yellow. No T-Mobile where I live. At least for now. My area is probably one of the biggest gaps for T-Mobile where Sprint actually covers.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app
    What state are you referring to?
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 15 Years.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    135
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 (US Cellular), 10.5 inch iPad Pro (Sprint)
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    What state are you referring to?
    West Virginia

    Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Redondo Beach, California
    Posts
    485
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatheronthe8s View Post
    West Virginia

    Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app
    Is coverage any good from Atat or Verizon in your neck of the words up there in West Virginia?

    Yes the T-Mobile accuisition of Sprint could really help T-Mobile spectrum wise but also in states where they have big gaps in coverage like West Virginia.
    Last edited by trees12; 01-03-2019 at 02:03 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    135
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 (US Cellular), 10.5 inch iPad Pro (Sprint)
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    Is coverage any good from Atat or Verizon in your neck of the words up there in West Virginia?

    Yes the T-Mobile accuistion of Sprint schools really help T-Mobile spectrump wise but also in states where they have big gaps in coverage like West Virginia.
    AT&T is pretty good. About the best you can get here actually in terms of square miles covered. The densification can be a bit lacking in places though which I think may be caused by phones wanting to stay on the higher frequency signals instead of switching to low band but I'm not sure. In my town they operate on 10 MHz band 4, 15 MHz band 2, and 5 MHz band 12 for LTE. They also seem to run HSPA+ on band 5 but I'm not sure about any other bands. Verizon is actually not that great in my area often relying on US Cellular for 1x roaming in places outside of town. I would even call Sprint better than Verizon here. They also only operate on band 13 10 MHz for LTE and PCS for CDMA in my town. They don't have too many customers here I don't think though so the towers shouldn't be overloaded. They are pretty decent from my experience in the northwest part of WV though where they have the 850 MHz license instead of US Cellular. I would say the merger would definitely improve T-Mobile coverage here and give them more spectrum. I'm still not sure if I'm all for it though.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Redondo Beach, California
    Posts
    485
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatheronthe8s View Post
    AT&T is pretty good. About the best you can get here actually in terms of square miles covered. The densification can be a bit lacking in places though which I think may be caused by phones wanting to stay on the higher frequency signals instead of switching to low band but I'm not sure. In my town they operate on 10 MHz band 4, 15 MHz band 2, and 5 MHz band 12 for LTE. They also seem to run HSPA+ on band 5 but I'm not sure about any other bands. Verizon is actually not that great in my area often relying on US Cellular for 1x roaming in places outside of town. I would even call Sprint better than Verizon here. They also only operate on band 13 10 MHz for LTE and PCS for CDMA in my town. They don't have too many customers here I don't think though so the towers shouldn't be overloaded. They are pretty decent from my experience in the northwest part of WV though where they have the 850 MHz license instead of US Cellular. I would say the merger would definitely improve T-Mobile coverage here and give them more spectrum. I'm still not sure if I'm all for it though.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app
    Why is that?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2015, 03:57 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-18-2015, 01:08 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 07:03 AM
  4. Nextel's patent up at end of year?
    By DJmegatron in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-23-2003, 09:33 AM
  5. Unannounced: 9 new phones by end of year!!!
    By FoneAhead in forum AT&T
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-08-2002, 05:57 PM

Bookmarks