Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Band 71 live in Southwest Florida

Feedback Score
    I wonder if and when Tmobile will release universal profile rcs to everyone not just s7 series. Especially in Florida.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Then what's the reason to not at least use AWS then? And PCS iif they have any?
    They do but we are talking an area that is sparsely populated and mostly pine bogs. Outside of the Everglades, probably one of the least populated parts of Florida. Just not economical.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    They do but we are talking an area that is sparsely populated and mostly pine bogs. Outside of the Everglades, probably one of the least populated parts of Florida. Just not economical.
    Yeah, that's the thing with Florida. We have a huge population, but most of it is along both coast lines. There are huge patches of the state where almost nobody lives.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrajet7 View Post
    Agreed, but if he continues....

You seem to be confused about how this forum works. "If he continues..." your one and only available option is to report posts if they violate rules. After that, you are to let the moderators handle issues that arise. It is not your job to do anything here, other than abide by forum rules...should you wish to continue being able to post here. Should you have personal issues with someone, take it up with them via PM...the rest of the forums users could care less about your personal problems you have with others, they are here for information regarding cell phones and service. Should you have issues with rules or moderator directions plainly provided to you, your only option is to take it up with staff via PM.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread... Enough of the back and forth bickering and trolling each other. If you two can't give it a rest, you'll be given one. Sorry to everyone participating as normal for the interruptions.

Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
    You seem to be confused about how this forum works. "If he continues..." your one and only available option is to report posts if they violate rules. After that, you are to let the moderators handle issues that arise. It is not your job to do anything here, other than abide by forum rules...should you wish to continue being able to post here. Should you have personal issues with someone, take it up with them via PM...the rest of the forums users could care less about your personal problems you have with others, they are here for information regarding cell phones and service. Should you have issues with rules or moderator directions plainly provided to you, your only option is to take it up with staff via PM.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread... Enough of the back and forth bickering and trolling each other. If you two can't give it a rest, you'll be given one. Sorry to everyone participating as normal for the interruptions.
    Thanks, hopefully he will stop! Given his post history he just exists to argue.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Talked to my buddy that owns a Tower Equipment company that works with T-Mobile. T-Mobile is now sending the orders to roll out 600 Mhz tower upgrades in SW FL and SE FL. He said the towers had a mixed bag in the upgrades, that is some have the new radio already installed and just need the new antennas. Some are complete Radio and Antenna upgrades.

Feedback Score
    I had TMobile in fort Myers for a few months and service was decent. Inside buildings my iPhone 8+ wouldn’t work but if I was outside service was good. Anytime we went east of 75 it was terrible. T-Mobile has a lot of work to do. AT&T is much better in this area in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Talked to my buddy that owns a Tower Equipment company that works with T-Mobile. T-Mobile is now sending the orders to roll out 600 Mhz tower upgrades in SW FL and SE FL. He said the towers had a mixed bag in the upgrades, that is some have the new radio already installed and just need the new antennas. Some are complete Radio and Antenna upgrades.
    Was there any talk of installing antennas on existing towers without current Tm equipment?

Which reminds me of an article about Att I believe essentially saying they are considering erecting their own towers because of tower owners over charging for their use. Maybe Tm has maybe wisely choosing not to be over charged charged. Comments?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    AT&T is being a brat about the whole thing. Tower companies are just looking out for their own interests as the liability for the actual tower falls under them. If AT&T wants to continue adding more antennas and more radio heads up top then they should pony up for the appropriate cost of the extra loading on the tower. Prior to the newer dual-band radio heads AT&T would sometimes have 12 antennas and 12-15 radio heads at their level on the tower which is crazy considering the other carriers had figured out how to minimize their loading using less equipment but still sending out comparable signals.

Sorry for the slight off topic response but I can't side with AT&T, or any carrier for that matter, who complains about rental cost when they're not really telling the whole story. And yes, T-Mobile does have many different ways of smartly installing configurations to minimize additional equipment cost. As stated above the dual-band radios that are being deployed are a huge help to all carriers.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    AT&T is being a brat about the whole thing. Tower companies are just looking out for their own interests as the liability for the actual tower falls under them. If AT&T wants to continue adding more antennas and more radio heads up top then they should pony up for the appropriate cost of the extra loading on the tower. Prior to the newer dual-band radio heads AT&T would sometimes have 12 antennas and 12-15 radio heads at their level on the tower which is crazy considering the other carriers had figured out how to minimize their loading using less equipment but still sending out comparable signals.

Sorry for the slight off topic response but I can't side with AT&T, or any carrier for that matter, who complains about rental cost when they're not really telling the whole story. And yes, T-Mobile does have many different ways of smartly installing configurations to minimize additional equipment cost. As stated above the dual-band radios that are being deployed are a huge help to all carriers.
    Yeah, I've noticed some awfully big antenna whatever's that I have no idea as to what they do, other than probably provide access to this unlimited data, which what 5 years ago was on the way out.

What I do know of that every company whether it's a carrier, a tower operator, or the local whatever business is always looking for ways to maximize profits, and the quickest, probably easiest way is to reduce expenses, which I all carriers are doing. And since they can calculate to the penny what towers cost to build and etc, they know to that same penny how much the tower operators are making.

Do you think possibly tower overcharges may have contributed to Tm and maybe others hanging fewer antennas. Obviously there would be more hung if the tower rental was free.

Carriers may not get back into the tower business, but I'll bet that comment got some tower operators attention, since the carriers are the operaters only customer, they sort of have a gun to their business heads.

You mentioned dual band transmitters. Are there tri or maybe quad band transmitters. And would it make sense to have multi bands at one site, maybe in super dense population areas?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Tower companies are not overcharging. In fact they all have master licensing agreements to help stabilize pricing. If the carriers want to add more equipment it'll cost them, it's that simple. And if the new loading causes a tower to now be overstressed and needs structural reinforcement that's on the carrier.

The lesser number of antennas is actually more attributed to panels that can handle 2-3 bands on a single panel so that's why you see a carrier like Verizon only using 2 panels were sector because they can handle all of their bands with full 4x4 MIMO support on just those. That being said, yes, having more antennas could possibly lead to higher rent but only if you're over the originally agreed lease entitlements.

As far as I know there are only dual-band radio heads currently.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaramie10 View Post
    I had TMobile in fort Myers for a few months and service was decent. Inside buildings my iPhone 8+ wouldn’t work but if I was outside service was good. Anytime we went east of 75 it was terrible. T-Mobile has a lot of work to do. AT&T is much better in this area in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I've cycled through Sprint, T-Mo, and Cricket over the last 10 years or so and your experience with T-Mo is the same as mine. Outside it worked well but any decent sized store and I'd lose signal. Not quite as bad with Cricket. However in Bonita Cricket is giving me problems through the day and tbh it's pretty abysmal in Gulf Coast town center. Not sure if Cricket is getting deprioritized so bad in that area because of all the college crowd or it's just not a strong area for ATT.

Nephew has Sprint and when he travels Fort Myers with us during weekends he ends up on 1x more frequently than I'd imagine a 2018 carrier to do.

Niece has Verizon and for the most part her data is somewhat solid. She def loses signal though because shes constantly on it and if she loses signal she'll be complaining about it.

I'd agree all 4 are fairly valid around the area although more dead zones then I believe we should have to deal with.

Shopping for a new carrier now since the Cricket is no longer working effectively enough in Bonita where I work. Might give Verizon prepaid a try but T-Mo might be an option as well. Doubt I'll try Sprint or Boost but it's a possibility.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Duck View Post
    I've cycled through Sprint, T-Mo, and Cricket over the last 10 years or so and your experience with T-Mo is the same as mine. Outside it worked well but any decent sized store and I'd lose signal. Not quite as bad with Cricket. However in Bonita Cricket is giving me problems through the day and tbh it's pretty abysmal in Gulf Coast town center. Not sure if Cricket is getting deprioritized so bad in that area because of all the college crowd or it's just not a strong area for ATT.

Nephew has Sprint and when he travels Fort Myers with us during weekends he ends up on 1x more frequently than I'd imagine a 2018 carrier to do.

Niece has Verizon and for the most part her data is somewhat solid. She def loses signal though because shes constantly on it and if she loses signal she'll be complaining about it.

I'd agree all 4 are fairly valid around the area although more dead zones then I believe we should have to deal with.

Shopping for a new carrier now since the Cricket is no longer working effectively enough in Bonita where I work. Might give Verizon prepaid a try but T-Mo might be an option as well. Doubt I'll try Sprint or Boost but it's a possibility.
    If Sprint,which includes roaming ability won't work,then boost is just native Sprint without roaming, sure won't work!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    If Sprint,which includes roaming ability won't work,then boost is just native Sprint without roaming, sure won't work!
    Sprint postpaid is little better cause you get TMO LTE in place of Sprint 3G unless TMO isnt available

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Was there any talk of installing antennas on existing towers without current Tm equipment?

Which reminds me of an article about Att I believe essentially saying they are considering erecting their own towers because of tower owners over charging for their use. Maybe Tm has maybe wisely choosing not to be over charged charged. Comments?
    My friend that owns the Tower company doesn't go into great detail about what he is doing with T-Mobile that is his biggest customer. He has said in the past that a lot of the tower already have the new radio and just need the antenna for 600 Mhz. Original he didn't win the bid for 600 Mhz upgrade but the company that did tried to sub-contract his and others Tower companies but the bid winner were low balling everyone they tried to Sub-contract for doing the upgrade. All I know now is he told me they are working on some part of the 600 Mhz now.

T-Mobile already has more cell towers than other networks in SE Florida since it was built on top of Metro PCS spectrum network that needed more towers since it had no 1Ghz spectrum. AT&T and Verizon were build on 700 Mhz spectrum and needed less towers that the higher frequency PCS bands that Metro had.

In my opinion until that merger is approved or disapprove it would be stupid for T-Mobile to get new towers especially in a area like Broward County where they are fully build out. If the merger is approved T-Mobile will have 110,000 towers nationwide which is tons more than any other network. T-Mobile did say if the merger was approved they would reduce the 110,000 by 35,000 and add 10,000 new towers for a total of 85,000 towers plus a lot of small cells. The new 600 Mhz spectrum will improve the big building penetration problem and I hope they get some Small Cells.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast