Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Band 71 live in Southwest Florida

Feedback Score

Band 71 live in Southwest Florida

Not sure if this has been covered, if so disregard. Visiting the parents and family in the Southwest Florida/North Naples area and it seems they have band 71 active. Was here in September and can confirm it was not active at that time. They have 20x20 band 2, 20x20 band 4, 5x5 band 12, 5x5 band 66 and I believe 5x5 band 71 now deployed here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mick_mandingo View Post
    Not sure if this has been covered, if so disregard. Visiting the parents and family in the Southwest Florida/North Naples area and it seems they have band 71 active. Was here in September and can confirm it was not active at that time. They have 20x20 band 2, 20x20 band 4, 5x5 band 12, 5x5 band 66 and I believe 5x5 band 71 now deployed here.
    They have 2 aws carriers?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    They have 2 aws carriers?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, appears that way. They've done a lot of work in this area. I live in the Orlando area, but the parents have lived down here for going on 10 years now. A few years ago service was pretty bad around here, every time I come down this way now though it's better each time.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Are they only deploying 5x5 because they're saving the rest for NR, to avoid interference or simply do they own a small slice there?
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Are they only deploying 5x5 because they're saving the rest for NR, to avoid interference or simply do they own a small slice there?
    That I'm really not sure. I believe they won 40MHz of band 71 here, but it seems they have only deployed it in 5x5 blocks. Not sure if saving or if all the channels haven't vacated yet.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Danny I have been waiting on confirmation from the ground. One Band 71 tower in the North Naples area showed up on Lart2150 B71 Map on Dec, 4th. Been waiting on the next update that I expect soon.

It has to be the 600 Mhz "B" block (5x5 Mhz) since TV Channels 41, 43, 45 and 50 in Fort Myers blocks Channel C, D & E that T-Mobile owns in the Naples/ Fort Myers TV area.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    ....It has to be the 600 Mhz "B" block (5x5 Mhz) since TV Channels 41, 43, 45 and 50 in Fort Myers blocks Channel C, D & E that T-Mobile owns in the Naples/ Fort Myers TV area.
    And even then, they would be leaving only 5 MHz guard between block B downlink and Channel 41. Did T-Mobile get approval to run less than 6 MHz separation? That area's not suppose to clear until phase 8.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    And even then, they would be leaving only 5 MHz guard between block B downlink and Channel 41. Did T-Mobile get approval to run less than 6 MHz separation? That area's not suppose to clear until phase 8.
    I don't know about the FCC agreeing to less than 6 Mhz separation. Talked to the guy that runs Spectrumgateway on Reddit when the story came out and he said something to the effect that a field RF interferences test has to show interferences for a B71 tower site to be a issue on where you can run B71 inside the TV station protective circle. His overall point was each B71 tower is unique to TV inferences based on location and physical topography that has to be tested. So he can't say which TV channels have to leave the spectrum in a certain area by B71 spectrum Block to his B71 Map for the B71 spectrum to be deployed and active. Really a lot of this is over my head in knowledge.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Looked at Cellmapper and they just upgraded there site with new software that is now very easy to find Band 71 towers if they have been mapped. Just use the Band 71 Only Filter that been there a while but before the software upgrade Cellmapper had issues when you tried to were searching very wide areas of geography. Problem is few people do mapping with Cellmapper with a phone that has Band 71. I will start mapping again as soon as I know there are Band 71 towers active in my area of SE Florida. Hop others will help since

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    I'm not as tecky as you all here, but did you think the relatively slow dl speeds (but acceptable to me), are because the signal also seems relatively weak or what? I ask the same question i did they other day, should we slower dl rates in trade for signal,again which is ok?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    I'm not as tecky as you all here, but did you think the relatively slow dl speeds (but acceptable to me), are because the signal also seems relatively weak or what? I ask the same question i did they other day, should we slower dl rates in trade for signal,again which is ok?
    Yea im sure the slow speeds are a combo of weak signal and the small channel. The speeds dont bother me too much though, as they got plenty of bandwidth down here on other channels. I also never natively got band 71 my phone never would pick it up on its own. I had to go into service menu and lock the device on 71 for it to even pick it up.

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Yea im sure the slow speeds are a combo of weak signal and the small channel. The speeds dont bother me too much though, as they got plenty of bandwidth down here on other channels. I also never natively got band 71 my phone never would pick it up on its own. I had to go into service menu and lock the device on 71 for it to even pick it up.
    Did you map out the tower? May have been at a great distance?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Did you map out the tower? May have been at a great distance?
    No, didnt map it. Ill be back down that way in a few weeks, was only a short visit this time.

Feedback Score
    Service has improved down there but it still needs a lot of work to catch up to the big boys.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by james4209 View Post
    Service has improved down there but it still needs a lot of work to catch up to the big boys.
    Depends what you mean by catch up to the big boys. It is an area where all 4 carriers do extremely well, each one is a viable option for anyone to use. All 4 do have different dead areas, and depending where you live this can be a deal breaker for using any of the 4 services. On a whole though all 4 are very usable and will provide solid coverage in the entire Southwest Florida area. What area have you been to that TMobile fell short with for you down there?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast