Thread: Stylo 2 for international use?

Device(s)
    LG 5350
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score

Stylo 2 for international use?

Google searches have failed me on this, so I'm hoping someone here knows the answer.

My wife and I are traveling to Europe next month, and I'd like to purchase a European SIM card and use my Boost Mobile Stylo 2 (LG LS775) while there. The phone met Boost Mobile's requirements for unlocking, so I called them and asked them to unlock it. Yesterday, I got an e-mail from them telling me that I should leave the phone turned on, and that it would be unlocked within the next few hours. This morning, the phone had rebooted, and it does seem to be at least SIM-unlocked.

When I go to the "Network Mode" settings, the GSM/UMTS option is there. However, in the "Roaming" settings, "Data Roaming" and all the "International Roaming" settings are greyed out.

So...will my phone work on European GSM networks when I install a European SIM? I'm confused.

Device(s)
    LG 5350
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    It's a small world these days.

We're taking advantage of dirt-cheap winter airfares.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardK View Post
    Google searches have failed me on this, so I'm hoping someone here knows the answer.

My wife and I are traveling to Europe next month, and I'd like to purchase a European SIM card and use my Boost Mobile Stylo 2 (LG LS775) while there. The phone met Boost Mobile's requirements for unlocking, so I called them and asked them to unlock it. Yesterday, I got an e-mail from them telling me that I should leave the phone turned on, and that it would be unlocked within the next few hours. This morning, the phone had rebooted, and it does seem to be at least SIM-unlocked.

When I go to the "Network Mode" settings, the GSM/UMTS option is there. However, in the "Roaming" settings, "Data Roaming" and all the "International Roaming" settings are greyed out.

So...will my phone work on European GSM networks when I install a European SIM? I'm confused.
    once unlocked, the phone should work fine on GSM networks. get a local sim when you land at
    your destination. if you can, use WIFI calling as much as possible as cellular data use can get very expensive.

Device(s)
    LG 5350
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    once unlocked, the phone should work fine on GSM networks. get a local sim when you land at
    your destination. if you can, use WIFI calling as much as possible as cellular data use can get very expensive.
    Thanks!

I also posted in Boost Mobile's corporate forums. Within minutes, a Boost rep replied, asking me to PM him with my phone number and PIN. After I sent those, he replied to me that my phone had been unlocked, and would definitely work with a European GSM-system SIM card. So I ordered on from Simcorner.com. (Looked like a better deal than anything I'd be able to get at our destination airport. And we won't have to mess with buying one there.) Worst case, I'll just buy a cheap unlocked phone when we get there.