Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Free iPhone 6s Question

Feedback Score

Free iPhone 6s Question

I recently switched from Cricket and took advantage of the free iPhone 6s offer with port in. Since I have an unlocked Note 9, I planned on reselling the iPhone. I met with an individual in the store (not sure if it was corporate or authorized reseller). The MetroPCS employee said they could not activate the phone for the individual who wanted to buy it because it was not activated for 7 days. I have had the plan about 2 weeks now. The phone was active for about 2 hours. The employee said the store would get charged $270 if they activated this. Has anyone heard of this. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy73 View Post
    I recently switched from Cricket and took advantage of the free iPhone 6s offer with port in. Since I have an unlocked Note 9, I planned on reselling the iPhone. I met with an individual in the store (not sure if it was corporate or authorized reseller). The MetroPCS employee said they could not activate the phone for the individual who wanted to buy it because it was not activated for 7 days. I have had the plan about 2 weeks now. The phone was active for about 2 hours. The employee said the store would get charged $270 if they activated this. Has anyone heard of this. Thanks in advance.
    Sorry but they wont activate it because they know what you are doing... People like you is what makes metro and other prepaid companies charge extra bcrap fees....

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This same exact post is on Reddit.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can confirm none of my locations would touch that phone. They would advise you to deal with customer service for any issues you have and send you out the door.

Since you show a pattern of "gaming" the system your to high risk to deal with. FYI you cost that store $600 plus their comp when you did that.
    I am expressing my personal opinions and not speaking on behalf of MetroPCS. Thus they should be taken only as my individual views and not endorsed by MetroPCS in any way.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kdimm222 View Post
    Sorry but they wont activate it because they know what you are doing... People like you is what makes metro and other prepaid companies charge extra bcrap fees....

Exactly right. The greedy amateurs f it up for everyone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kdimm222 View Post

What did he do wrong? He was given a free phone for signing up and he has his own phone he wants to use? What’s wrong with that.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    bakedapple I did post this on Reddit and the reply also. To everyone, I was just trying to get an answer. Another store changed it with no problem. To people that think in trying to scam, I'm not. I am staying on MetroPCS. It's not like I got the phone just to switch for a day and switch back to Cricket. Nothing was said when I switched or I would of waited for a specified time period. I was not trying to screw anyone over. They just offered me a free phone when I signed up, so I accepted. Why wouldn't I take a phone for free when asked? I did specifically ask if I didn't like the phone could I switch back to my Note. He said there would be a $15 charge if done in the store. He didn't know if they would charge $15 through the automated system. I'm just not an Apple fan. Everyone likes what they like. It may be obvious that I knew nothing of these waiting periods, if I'm on here asking questions.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    bakedapple I did post this on Reddit and the reply also. To everyone, I was just trying to get an answer. Another store changed it with no problem. To people that think in trying to scam, I'm not. I am staying on MetroPCS. It's not like I got the phone just to switch for a day and switch back to Cricket. Nothing was said when I switched or I would of waited for a specified time period. I was not trying to screw anyone over. They just offered me a free phone when I signed up, so I accepted. Why wouldn't I take a phone for free when asked? I did specifically ask if I didn't like the phone could I switch back to my Note. He said there would be a $15 charge if done in the store. He didn't know if they would charge $15 through the automated system. I'm just not an Apple fan. Everyone likes what they like. It may be obvious that I knew nothing of these waiting periods, if I'm on here asking questions.
    If you actually read the threads on here, Reddit, SD, etc., you’d know the differences between buying at a corporate store vs. a retailer and how trying to “flip” screws the retailers. Simple as that. The store you tried to “flip” at, caught you. Did you read what “BrownMan”, who works for Metro, wrote?

The info is out there. Intellectual laziness, a lack of intellect or attempts to obfuscate your original post don’t erase the facts.

Feedback Score
    Bakedapple, personally I don't know why you are being so rude and approaching this in an attacking manner. I was not trying to hide anything or pull any scams. There is not a pattern of gaming. This was a one time deal. If you feel you need to insult me some more to make you feel better go right ahead. I don't really care. This accomplishes nothing and kills forums. Your arrogance makes me not value your comments at all. Remember I was not rude to you.

Feedback Score
    If u r not a apple fan then you should of took a free android phone... But since you know apple phones sell for more, you are a switcher and scammer...

Feedback Score
    That makes no sense. Yes I was told I could pick from a number of phones. I did plan on selling the phone, so I did pick a more expensive phone. I never did say I would keep it. I already have an Android phone. I don't need another. I told the employee I might switch the phones back to the note. I am not a scammer because there is nothing that says I can't do this. Scammers activate a new account on Cricket or whoever a few days before and then switch. Or scammers buy numbers/accounts on eBay. I am not sure what a switcher is. I would assume it is someone who switches companies monthly. I was on Cricket for a year. Prior to that AT&T. I just wanted to try out the T-Mobile network.

Feedback Score
    I was only joking. I switched from metro to att prepaid...

Feedback Score
    Oh ok. Sorry man. I thought you were serious. LoL.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Bakedapple, personally I don't know why you are being so rude and approaching this in an attacking manner. I was not trying to hide anything or pull any scams. There is not a pattern of gaming. This was a one time deal. If you feel you need to insult me some more to make you feel better go right ahead. I don't really care. This accomplishes nothing and kills forums. Your arrogance makes me not value your comments at all. Remember I was not rude to you.
    https://youtu.be/NjkNNDuAb9A

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Mint with Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownMan View Post
    FYI you cost that store $600 plus their comp when you did that.
    There are a lot of people on the SD site that took advantage of the 4 free iPhone 6S deal just to trade them in at the Apple store. What would this cost the Metro store?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast