Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 7 32GB $149 with number transfer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    I tried the AT&T unlock site but it didn't work, saying that the number was not an AT&T number.
    On Sunday I kept getting errors from att site but I tried again Monday and now its fully unlocked!

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 plus 256, Galaxy S9 w 250gb micro sd.
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T for connected car, AT&T prepaid and T-mobile.
    Feedback Score
    I purchased three iPhone 7s thanks to this promotion (makes me feel like Iím saying 7s). One was online bc cricket blocked my credit card. Said address didnít match. Called cricket and capital one. Then I tried another credit card and denied. Called Chase. So they must have blocked my shipping address. Three way call with cricket and credit card in denial and CC says it isnít going through. Cricket reps canít even see the limits or restrictions placed on ????? Not CC so probably shipping address. Not IP. Used VPN. Tried on safari and chrome on my MacBook (you ALWAYS will receive this error on iPhone safari- dunno why you just do). Iíve did this with the s9 and had it unlocked also. Itís my second daily w my 8 plus which I used the same system to get it last year 100 off.

I tried to unlock them and was denied two rounds. Hereís what I have discovered. This came to me through reading the complete description of the $11 unlock on eBay. That guy is using AT&T portal FYI. Maybe I will too at $11 a few keystrokes.

To unlock on the AT&T portal you have to have your activated sim in the phone. The sim you used to get the phone from cricket. Simple as that. Sim not in or different sim in the portal will not work. I was denied 2x as I mentioned earlier. I called cricket bc al my phones are black and they have me the correct sim for each IMEI and BAM. I had the SIM cards in the wrong devices. Once I swapped them it worked. Iím not a idiot but the cricket store receipts do not include sim/IMEI info

Sorry didnít proofread. Sitting in car killing time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mc1200s View Post
    To unlock on the AT&T portal you have to have your activated sim in the phone. The sim you used to get the phone from cricket. Simple as that. Sim not in or different sim in the portal will not work. I was denied 2x as I mentioned earlier. I called cricket bc al my phones are black and they have me the correct sim for each IMEI and BAM. I had the SIM cards in the wrong devices. Once I swapped them it worked. I’m not a idiot but the cricket store receipts do not include sim/IMEI info
    I did everything you said above and I've been denied saying that the phone has to be active on a prepaid account for at least six months.

I wonder if these unlock services just keep hammering the site until the unlock goes through.

Feedback Score
    Mine got unlocked today through att device unlock website
    I'm getting this info:
    The Sprint network will work for you
    Awesome, your Apple iPhone 7 - Non VZW is a perfect match for our network.
    Looks like your Apple iPhone 7 (A1660) is highly compatible with the T-Mobile Network
    Great! Your device works with our network AT&T

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Good View Post
    I did everything you said above and I've been denied saying that the phone has to be active on a prepaid account for at least six months.

I wonder if these unlock services just keep hammering the site until the unlock goes through.
    I wonder if AT&T is closing the loophole that has allowed the free unlocking without being active. It was interesting that the $11.50 unlock site briefly said that they couldn't do the iPhone 7/7 Plus, then suddenly that caveat was gone.

In any case, whether I wasted $11.50 or not, I'm glad to have an inexpensive iPhone with Verizon service, since my AT&T coverage is so poor. I may be switching everything over to the new Red Pocket family plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I'm just surprised that the loophole opened again, even if only briefly.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    All this talk reminding me of the e71 days lol. Get your e71, use the sim in iPhone, throw the e71 in the drawer bla bla....those were the days lol

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Good View Post

Donít believe it. No cricket phone yields this warning. The only time I have seen that error is when I tried to unlock AT&T prepaid phones. Cricket phones never will give the 6-month message to anyone. NEVER. It donít exist. You will only get approved or device doesnít match errors w cricket Iphoneís.

The AT&T unlock has gave me 100% success unlocking cricket iPhones over the past few years. This year I tried to use the same method with a straight talk phone and two metro pcs iPhones 6s (thankfully) I sold on CL last week still locked for $110 each.

I love cricket and outside of the amazing AT&T reception I can unlock my iPhones for free. Not that it matters but Iím not an abuser. Iím a smart customer and a good customer. Iíve got two daughters and my parents are near 80 and Iím the cell phone provider for my family so I upgrade every year when thereís offers like this. Then I sell last years phones (which I unlock for free) on CL for just a marginal loss. Cricket is great isnít it? Itís like serial buying Toyota Camrys or Accords. Minimal loss at trade.

Just took this screen shot. Shows you how long it takes me to reply Never said I was smart but I love Howard Forums, good service and cheap phones!

Second screen shot showing the ONLY cricket error denial you will ever see. What you said about the 6-months doesnít exist. I have experience by following these forums. Post a screen shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Don’t believe it. No cricket phone yields this warning. The only time I have seen that error is when I tried to unlock AT&T prepaid phones. Cricket phones never will give the 6-month message to anyone. NEVER. It don’t exist. You will only get approved or device doesn’t match errors w cricket Iphone’s.

The AT&T unlock has gave me 100% success unlocking cricket iPhones over the past few years. This year I tried to use the same method with a straight talk phone and two metro pcs iPhones 6s (thankfully) I sold on CL last week still locked for $110 each.

I love cricket and outside of the amazing AT&T reception I can unlock my iPhones for free. Not that it matters but I’m not an abuser. I’m a smart customer and a good customer. I’ve got two daughters and my parents are near 80 and I’m the cell phone provider for my family so I upgrade every year when there’s offers like this. Then I sell last years phones (which I unlock for free) on CL for just a marginal loss. Cricket is great isn’t it? It’s like serial buying Toyota Camrys or Accords. Minimal loss at trade.

Just took this screen shot. Shows you how long it takes me to reply Never said I was smart but I love Howard Forums, good service and cheap phones!

Second screen shot showing the ONLY cricket error denial you will ever see. What you said about the 6-months doesn’t exist. I have experience by following these forums. Post a screen shot.

So what do you do about the denials?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I called cricket and asked them which SIM matches which IMEI. I had 3 black iPhone 7s and was mixed up.

When I had the matching sim in each phone I resubmitted and was approved. Most people will never see a denial bc they will only purchase one device and actually use their new cricket number. For those who just want to buy a plan to get the cheap number transfer rate you MUST activate the phone w the sim it comes with. Sorry dudes.

Feedback Score
    I called cricket and asked them which SIM matches which IMEI. I had 3 black iPhone 7s and was mixed up.

When I had the matching sim in each phone I resubmitted and was approved. Most people will never see a denial bc they will only purchase one device and actually use their new cricket number. For those who just want to buy a plan to get the cheap number transfer rate you MUST activate the phone w the sim it comes with. Sorry dudes.
    I had a 7 last spring that we tossed the new SIM/line and used an existing SIM. It unlocked a couple weeks later without issue.

Feedback Score
    Don’t believe it. No cricket phone yields this warning.
    I don't know what to tell you. This is the error message I received. I submitted another unlock request so we'll see what happens.

I'm glad you are happy with your Cricket service. I am not trying to disparage Cricket or anyone who choosed to use their service. Cricket does't owe me anything. I'm just reporting my experiences and trying to find out if anyone has had any similar experiences or have discovered a work around.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I didnít mean to be rude or sound like a no it all. Heck, everything I think I figured out could be complete BS and coincidence. Iím pretty good at brainwashing myself.

It just worked for me. I went from denial to approved. I just assumed I was denied bc sims were messed up. Maybe I put the unlock request in too soon in the phones life. The night of reviving them.

Maybe it didnít have anything to do with the proper sim. Maybe i just needed more time. Maybe you was denied bc of time. Try again. All I know is my IMEI for the iPhone 7s I purchased was denied then approved. Iíve only seen the 6-month warning w AT&T phones though.

Feedback Score
    So I submitted another unlock request yesterday and just checked it. AT&T's Web site said "Current Status - Denied. We can't unlock this device because it hasn't been active for at least six months of paid service."

I can only surmize that my repeated attempts must have tripped something in thier system which is preventing the phone from being unlocked.

Curiosly, in both cases I did not receive an e-mail saying my request was denied. I had to log into their portal and check the status.

I purchased an unlock service from one of the vendors on ebay several days ago. I will have to wait to see if they have any luck.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear. I wonder what amount of human/AT&T employment is involved in unlocking phones vs complete automation.
    This long time unlock trick remains a mystery. Someone else will chime in eventually.

How many attempts have you made? I was denied but then approved. My reasoning isnít BS but just what I thought was good common sense rationale. The reason I have only two denials in my screenshot is bc black was sold out online when I purchased the 2nd and 3rd so I ponied up the additional $25 for in store purchase. This turned out to be a good thing bc I ended up w two black and a jet black for a lady friend who desired JB. The online order arrived a day later and it only needed one submission. The two in store 7s were denied initially. I waited over Xmas and then immediate all 3 were approved simultaneously. This proves that the request process occurs on a scheduled basis or at least email notifications are sent out all at the same tike. I used two different emails too and they both received the ďsuccessĒ email at the same time.

Youíre just trying to unlock the iphone you just purchased from cricket while using the assigned sim? After my inspire iPhone 7s were denied I didnít see the 6-month warning. I just assumed that it was bc sims were in the wrong phone.

After denial I google searched and found that some folk (which i didnít believe after my approval bc I thought I solved the puzzle) said it took multiple tries with denials before success. Maybe they werenít BS chatting.

Are you sure you selecting ďnot a customerĒ at step one?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast