Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: iPhone 7 32GB $149 with number transfer

Feedback Score
    After a few days, AT&T just sent me an email saying my iPhone 6S was successfully unlocked. I had just signed up to unlock it thru their portal as a non-customer.

I haven't actually verified it yet, but it says I can either insert a non-AT&T sim card and that will unlock it, or I can do an iTunes backup, delete the phone, then restore from that backup

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    After a few days, AT&T just sent me an email saying my iPhone 6S was successfully unlocked. I had just signed up to unlock it thru their portal as a non-customer.

I haven't actually verified it yet, but it says I can either insert a non-AT&T sim card and that will unlock it, or I can do an iTunes backup, delete the phone, then restore from that backup
    You can also do a quick check with Sprint

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/bring...OD:Shop:030918

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    You can also do a quick check with Sprint

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/bring...OD:Shop:030918
    Cool, says it will work on Sprint

I guess with iPhones there is nothing to "do"....they just unlock in the background

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    Cool, says it will work on Sprint

I guess with iPhones there is nothing to "do"....they just unlock in the background
    That is correct. Apple handles the unlock through its own servers once it is requested by the carrier.

Feedback Score
    So I got my iPhone 7 (A1660) unlocked via ATT portal, but the thing goes to no service on two different Verizon MVNO (Tracfone & Redpocket). TMo, ATT and MVNOs are fine. It passes both the Sprint and Verizon BYOD checks, but just won't activate. I tried Red Pocket support and they tried everything on their end to reset my account to no avail. The phone will even activate initially via LTE (no wifi enabled), but once it gets past that point it goes to 'No Service'. Is there something Verizon needs to do to clear the IMEI in their database or is this a device issue?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    So I got my iPhone 7 (A1660) unlocked via ATT portal, but the thing goes to no service on two different Verizon MVNO (Tracfone & Redpocket). TMo, ATT and MVNOs are fine. It passes both the Sprint and Verizon BYOD checks, but just won't activate. I tried Red Pocket support and they tried everything on their end to reset my account to no avail. The phone will even activate initially via LTE (no wifi enabled), but once it gets past that point it goes to 'No Service'. Is there something Verizon needs to do to clear the IMEI in their database or is this a device issue?
    have you tried doing a factory restore / reset on the phone yet ?? and is the phone paid off ?? i wonder if it has the hidden verizon profile installed - ttps://discussions.apple.com/thread/8355685
    Last edited by october262; 01-16-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    when trying to activate the iphone 7 on tracfone or redpocket, are you getting an LTE signal ?? have you tried doing a factory restore on the phone yet ??
    I've tried everything. Factory reset, factory restore via iTunes, reset network settings, etc. I put in an ATT or Tmo SIM and it activates immediately. Sometimes it will show 'Verizon LTE', then 'Verizon', then 'No Service'. It's like the network is rejecting the phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    I've tried everything. Factory reset, factory restore via iTunes, reset network settings, etc. I put in an ATT or Tmo SIM and it activates immediately. Sometimes it will show 'Verizon LTE', then 'Verizon', then 'No Service'. It's like the network is rejecting the phone.
    Did you call Apple support?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    Did you call Apple support?
    That's my plan in the morning, but I wonder if they'll redirect to carrier.

Feedback Score
    I have the same problem with my Cricket iPhone 6s Plus. It has been unlocked by both Cricket and AT&T portal, but it will not activate on either Sprint or Verizon. This was a phone that I purchased a year ago from Cricket. Recently I bought a second Cricket iPhone 6s Plus and had it unlocked from an eBay seller. The second phone works on both Verizon and Sprint.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    I have the same problem with my Cricket iPhone 6s Plus. It has been unlocked by both Cricket and AT&T portal, but it will not activate on either Sprint or Verizon. This was a phone that I purchased a year ago from Cricket. Recently I bought a second Cricket iPhone 6s Plus and had it unlocked from an eBay seller. The second phone works on both Verizon and Sprint.
    Apple support checked a couple things and confirmed it is not the phone that is the issue. The 'No Service' issue they have identified with some 7s would affect all SIMs, not just CDMA. I guess I would need to be a Verizon customer or trying to become one for them to work with me on getting it resolved. Ultimately, I'll probably just sell it as GSM unlocked if I don't get anywhere.

Device(s)
    Dash, Motorola v3t
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have an iPhone see with the exact same issue. After unlocked by cricket, I tried to activate it on Sprint and Verizon both would show lte connection for a moment then go-to no service. Put att and TMobile Sim in and works fine. Sprint tech even took it apart at a store to make sure the antennas we're hooked up properly. Never did get it to work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hamjunk View Post
    I have an iPhone see with the exact same issue. After unlocked by cricket, I tried to activate it on Sprint and Verizon both would show lte connection for a moment then go-to no service. Put att and TMobile Sim in and works fine. Sprint tech even took it apart at a store to make sure the antennas we're hooked up properly. Never did get it to work.
    I think it has to do with the IMEI not being accepted on their network, even though it passes checks.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7