Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: IPad 5GB of data for 5 months Only $10

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Yeah, there's been a few different FreedomPop ones out there - this one is often on sale (someone got it for $22 awhile back - my store didn't have that price), but yeah - usually $45-$50 and looks like it's on AT&T:

https://www.target.com/p/freedompop-...a/-/A-53511519
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/freedom...?skuId=6187400

Whats interesting is that it looks like with Consumer Cellular you can get 2gb data plus texting for $10 ($9.50 with AARP) and it works on both ATT and TMO. Scratch that - error when Problem is TMO might be better because you can buy refill cards at discounts from Target sometimes, I think. And of course there are taxes

Update - scratch that, it would not let me complete the transaction without a talk plan

Feedback Score

Arrow How does this plan work?

That is one gig per month for five months or how does that work?

What happens if you use the five gigs all in the same month?

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by StarBlueText. View Post
    That is one gig per month for five months or how does that work?

What happens if you use the five gigs all in the same month?

I think you get 5 gigs total and it lasts until you use it all or 5 months, whichever comes first. If you use it all , you would have to try and renew to get another 5 gigs. But I havent done the plan so people here can correct me if I am wrong

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    I think you get 5 gigs total and it lasts until you use it all or 5 months, whichever comes first. If you use it all , you would have to try and renew to get another 5 gigs. But I havent done the plan so people here can correct me if I am wrong
    That's exactly how it works.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    You have five months to use the data. If you use all the data, you can then select from one of the regular T-Mobile data plans.

I ended up adding the T-Mobile One Tablet plan to my postpaid plan. It's unlimited data for $20.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    And I've been able to renew on my iPads, but that isn't a guarantee.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    So my last 5GB/5month deal expired in April. Just now, I logged into my account on my iPad and at the bottom, tapped on cancel service. I rebooted the iPad and the cellular tab was reset to now show no plans. I selected add a new plan and selected T-Mobile and provided all the info and selected the 5GB/5 month deal all over again for $10.

You can do this as many times as you want as long as T-Mobile keeps offering this deal. This is my 4th time of getting this offer, two with this same iPad and two on a previous iPad I sold last summer.

When you can service each time, it resets the iPads cellular tab so it's ready to go and the sim or eSim is also reset so it can be used again. The sim card is reset as if it were never used.

I have this plan on one iPad and the $20 unlimited T-Mobile One Mobile plan on another iPad.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    I thought I'd revive this thread because I've been playing—

I upgraded to an iPhone 11, moving my main line to eSIM and having a SIM slot free for other things. I had been using a Truphone SIM in that spot for a spare number, but wondered how restrictive T-Mobile would be about the 5GB/150 day plan. There have been reports of things being heavily throttled and/or not working at all when taking out of the supported device or device type, but the Apple SIM in my fifth-gen iPad seemed to work okay immediately (unlike a few instances in the past).

I had another Apple SIM (would've used a T-Mobile SIM if I had one instead), so I bought another pass with that on the iPad, popped that SIM in my iPhone and it's been working as a second line and still getting decent speeds today. I figure I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes and at worst, I can either move the SIM back to the iPad or be out $10.

The thing about the Apple SIMs are that they appear as whatever carrier is currently in use unless you change them, but the iPhones don't have the software mechanism to do that. I don't intend on using Sprint, GigSky, Truphone (the data-only plans), or the others, so it can be a plain old T-Mobile SIM for the time being.

My eSIM is on AT&T and coverage/speeds are pretty good, so this is more to help in the few places where T-Mobile is significantly better (and really just to see if it could be done). If it ends up not working or the pass expires, I may throw the Truphone SIM back in my phone.

Feedback Score
    I looged into my grandfathered free 200mb plan account portal. I entered my number first try and email address second try. Did the security question and got into the account, except I get this message "Check out the Mobile Management Site". clicked the message and I get redirected to a different page, tries to load, gives up and I get a "bad gateway message". I tried this on every browser possible. Is there another url I should try? The mim.t-mobile.com don't work.

Thank you

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echance20 View Post
    I looged into my grandfathered free 200mb plan account portal. I entered my number first try and email address second try. Did the security question and got into the account, except I get this message "Check out the Mobile Management Site". clicked the message and I get redirected to a different page, tries to load, gives up and I get a "bad gateway message". I tried this on every browser possible. Is there another url I should try? The mim.t-mobile.com don't work.
    That's the one to use and it looks like it's broken...T-Mobile has had this happen before.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echance20 View Post

Thank you
    It has been broken for a few months. When you get to the screen after logging in, click on the magenta T at the top left. It will take you to another screen. Here you can setup autopay, manage credit cards, reload your account. But if you want to purchase a data pass, you need to talk to someone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by batcave View Post
    It has been broken for a few months. When you get to the screen after logging in, click on the magenta T at the top left. It will take you to another screen. Here you can setup autopay, manage credit cards, reload your account. But if you want to purchase a data pass, you need to talk to someone.
    I think this is something new - I remember a few things being broken months ago, but the URL I've had bookmarked that works (bought a pass about a month ago) seems to have broken recently.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    I think this is something new - I remember a few things being broken months ago, but the URL I've had bookmarked that works (bought a pass about a month ago) seems to have broken recently.
    Maybe. I haven't been around North America since September.

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by batcave View Post
    Thank You Batcave:
    I did as you described on here. I was able to see my account and navigated around and clicked on current plan, a message came up to call customer care to make changes. I assume this goes for purchasing any data passes. I see you can add credit to the account on line using credit/debit checking or refill card. CC has to add the data plan above the 200 mb free IE 30.00 3GB for 30 days

Thank you Greatly

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4