Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Sucessfull VoLTE Activation on Prepaid!

Feedback Score
    Just signed up for a new prepaid account, VoLTE works, WiFi calling says not yet available. This is on an ATT branded iPhone.

Feedback Score
    I have VoLTE working on one of my prepaid lines but no WiFi calling yet. My XS Max stays on LTE during a call now.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hexonxonx View Post
    Supposedly VoLTE and WiFi calling are enabled on all new prepaid accounts since January 8th and will be on all accounts by the end of the month.
    But which phones will this work with?
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    AT&T branded phones, some Google phones and any unlocked or AT&T iPhone.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    AT&T branded phones, some Google phones and any unlocked or AT&T iPhone.
    So then any unlocked Samsung phones (S8/9/10, Note) won't work for VoLTE or WiFi calling, even though the phones support it.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    So then any unlocked Samsung phones (S8/9/10, Note) won't work for VoLTE or WiFi calling, even though the phones support it.
    Did you just signup for ATT Prepaid since January 8th?
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Honestly, I kind of miss having HD Voice. However, I also like how when my phone switches to HSPA to make a call, my signal goes way up. Not sure if that means they aren't using 1900MHz here for LTE or what.

Feedback Score
    The S8, Note 8 will work with these features. I have an unlocked Note 8 that will work with these features. When I insert the AT&T sim, the phone reboots and loads the AT&T firmware as though it were an AT&T branded phone.

It will not work with an unlocked S9/Note 9. Pie is supposed to change that just as Oreo did for the S8/Note 8.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    I called last night and this morning to get VoLTE enabled on my account. The reps couldn't do it, but they both confirmed it is coming. The last one told me February.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haris163 View Post
    I called last night and this morning to get VoLTE enabled on my account. The reps couldn't do it, but they both confirmed it is coming. The last one told me February.
    I was told it would be done regionally. So we will find out if people with existing accounts get it all at the same time or if it is truly based on market. I'm in Oklahoma and was told last month it would be January 15th. Of course, things can change.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Did you just signup for ATT Prepaid since January 8th?
    The S8, Note 8 will work with these features. I have an unlocked Note 8 that will work with these features. When I insert the AT&T sim, the phone reboots and loads the AT&T firmware as though it were an AT&T branded phone.

It will not work with an unlocked S9/Note 9. Pie is supposed to change that just as Oreo did for the S8/Note 8.
    I have an unlocked S8 and have been with ATT (GoPhone) for about 2 years now.
    When I do the *#*#INFO#*#* it still says VoLTE and wifi calling is not provisioned.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, iPad
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    VoLTE (HD Voice) is now shown on the Prepaid coverage maps: Name:  Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 16.55.35.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  46.9 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSW View Post
    VoLTE (HD Voice) is now shown on the Prepaid coverage maps: Name:  Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 16.55.35.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  46.9 KB
    Yeah, it showing most of FL with HD Voice coverage.
    https://www.att.com/maps/wireless-coverage.html

Device(s)
    iPhone SE & 5S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    The change in map is good to see! I noticed this when i clicked on the legend:

HD Voice: To use AT&T HD Voice, both caller and receiver need an HD Voice capable phone and must be located within HD Voice coverage areas. In addition, not all AT&T PREPAID customers have HD Voice currently available to them. Check back for updates in the future.

Feedback Score
    Exactly what I want to know. It sounds like it is somewhat similar to Cricket VOLTE activations: very limited. I am with Verizon prepaid now having switched only due to the double data promotion back in the summer that made/makes it cheaper then AT&T. However, I immediately came to love VOLTE on my 1st Gen Pixel XL, not for the HD voice but for the fact that calls are sent out instantly. I want to switch my parents over to AT&T from another carrier but they need VOLTE. I personally would also like to come back to AT&T but now I realize VOLTE is a necessity for me.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast