Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Sucessfull VoLTE Activation on Prepaid!

Device(s)
    iPhone SE & 5S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Just for fun i called CS and asked about activating HD Voice. The agent seemed knowledgeable and said that all accounts should be active by Feb 1st. I then asked about WiFi Calling and she said they have been told it "should" work on eligible phones but she did not have formal verification about that, only word of mouth. She said i didn't need to do anything, it would just appear.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid7 View Post
    Just for fun i called CS and asked about activating HD Voice. The agent seemed knowledgeable and said that all accounts should be active by Feb 1st. I then asked about WiFi Calling and she said they have been told it "should" work on eligible phones but she did not have formal verification about that, only word of mouth. She said i didn't need to do anything, it would just appear.
    At a minimum, when made available on ATT, you would still have to enable it on the phone. Especially since you have to enter in a 911 address.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I've prepaid through March 3rd, so there is still time for ATT to turn it on. And the $15 discount I'm still mistakenly getting on DTV Now is a deterrent to changing companies.

If I did change, it would likely be to T-Mobile postpaid so I could activate my Cellular Apple Watch.
    I mean a replacement sim, just go to the at&t store and make up some BS about how your sim is acting up and they'll give you a new one, and voila, you should have VoLTE.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10+, S9+, Motorola E5 Spra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Yes the importance of VoLTE is not just good quality but also making calls is a lot faster than regular call switch and when it comes to congestion it is more reliable than with regular switch where you cant make a call during heavy congestion.. and your phone will drain a lot faster without volte because your phone is constantly getting signal scan for LTE and 3G antennas where with VoLTE your phone will only scan signal for LTE only and disable 3G... on 3G call you have to wait a few seconds to dial and another few seconds to ring and when you receive a call in 3G it will take 3 rings sometimes longer for your phone to start ringing so it really is a very good advantage to have VoLTE... I missed the $20 autopay discount on att prepaid. I switched to verizon prepaid from cricket on the 8th because i cant get volte on cricket with my note 9, if i knew about the discount i would have switch to att prepaid in a heartbeat.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score

Sucessfull VoLTE Activation on Prepaid!

Most of what you just typed about VoLTE is wrong, but whatever you have to do to justify your obsession with it is cool with me!

I honestly don't understand why everyone is so hyped about this. It's such a non-issue when UMTS calls work and sound perfectly fine. In fact, I usually turn OFF VoLTE because it drops out way more often, has reliability issues, and is generally less robust. The calls have slightly more definition, but sound tinny and unnatural and seem to pick up way too much background noise that I don't care to hear.

A circuit switched call will always be more reliable than packet switched due to the nature of having a dedicated circuit available for your voice traffic. Only when there physically aren't enough circuits available would packet-switched be an advantage, but the odds of that many voice calls at once in 2019 is pretty low.

I see very little advantage to VoLTE other than needing it once UMTS goes away, which I hope never happens, but until the spectrum can be repurposed I myself have zero incentive to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    ....I honestly don't understand why everyone is so hyped about this. It's such a non-issue when UMTS calls work and sound perfectly fine. In fact, I usually turn OFF VoLTE because it drops out way more often, has reliability issues, and is generally less robust. The calls have slightly more definition, but sound tinny and unnatural and seem to pick up way too much background noise that I don't care to hear.

A circuit switched call will always be more reliable than packet switched due to the nature of having a dedicated circuit available for your voice traffic. Only when there physically aren't enough circuits available would packet-switched be an advantage, but the odds of that many voice calls at once in 2019 is pretty low.

I see very little advantage to VoLTE other than needing it once UMTS goes away, which I hope never happens, but until the spectrum can be repurposed I myself have zero incentive to use it.

Very well said & I concur.
    As a USA citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a racist, godless, immoral, hypersensitive, crass, narcissist liar, psychopath committing High Treason against the USA.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 06.03.19

Feedback Score
    I don't get UMTS everywhere that I get LTE with AT&T so obviously VoLTE is much preferred in that scenario. I'm also curious when I hear people having issues with VoLTE as I've never had any issues with VoLTE on Verizon (pre and post), AT&T post, Cricket, and T-Mobile post. This isn't 1995; we don't need a dedicated analog circuit. QoS and other priority management is more than sufficient and we need to be transitioned over to VoLTE before all of the UMTS coverage disappears.

Device(s)
    H910 (AT&T V20)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorB0NG View Post
    I don't get UMTS everywhere that I get LTE with AT&T so obviously VoLTE is much preferred in that scenario. I'm also curious when I hear people having issues with VoLTE as I've never had any issues with VoLTE on Verizon (pre and post), AT&T post, Cricket, and T-Mobile post. This isn't 1995; we don't need a dedicated analog circuit. QoS and other priority management is more than sufficient and we need to be transitioned over to VoLTE before all of the UMTS coverage disappears.
    This, plus VoLTE calls connect faster, and WiFi calling will be very useful for receiving messages when traveling abroad (other than Canada and Mexico). VoLTE is a prerequisite for WiFi calling.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorB0NG View Post
    The only thing that a VoLTE may have issue is cross compatibility. VoLTE call has to go through a system and convert it to make it to the other end and they call it "interconnect" some of these conversion will mess up and it will drop or sometimes echo or reduce quality most of these issues are in conference call to different source.. Also, LTE is not cross compatible to CDMA so if you lose LTE signal the call will drop that's the downside for Verizon but once they shut down CDMA there will be less issues and i think thats the reason why they want to shut down 1X due to call issue with volte.. LTE and UMTS are cross compatible so there is no issue for Tmobile and AT&T.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Sucessfull VoLTE Activation on Prepaid!

Most of what you just typed about VoLTE is wrong, but whatever you have to do to justify your obsession with it is cool with me!

I honestly don't understand why everyone is so hyped about this. It's such a non-issue when UMTS calls work and sound perfectly fine. In fact, I usually turn OFF VoLTE because it drops out way more often, has reliability issues, and is generally less robust. The calls have slightly more definition, but sound tinny and unnatural and seem to pick up way too much background noise that I don't care to hear.

While the idea of circuit switched voice being more reliable than VoIP (that’s what VoLTE is) is valid, that point is really moot on something that broadcasts over RF. The issue is almost always on the RF end of it when it comes to call quality issues on cellular. As for UMTS, ever since AT&T whittled it down to the final 5 MHz channel on 850, it runs at AMR-5.9 a lot which means the VQ is quite poor. Also, and this is a fact, there are less dropped calls on VoLTE than on UMTS.

With that said, if old tech pleases you then by all means enjoy it while it lasts. It won’t be around much longer.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score

circuit switch 3G is like a radio walkie talkie the tower has a space for calls only and i dont think networks are willing to invest in those old technology and it is not reliable either.. it will take 3 rings for the phone to actually ring and after 2 rings it goes to voicemail thats a no no for businesses.. I think i suggest you to search online the benefit of voLTE and 3G switch..

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    can someone show proof (pix) that prepaid VoLTE is active on AT&T prepaid in both android and iphones? my friend is on prepaid and iphone user but no volte yet.

Device(s)
    H910 (AT&T V20)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    can someone show proof (pix) that prepaid VoLTE is active on AT&T prepaid in both android and iphones? my friend is on prepaid and iphone user but no volte yet.
    Not everyone has Volte yet. Reportedly, new accounts have it and the rest will be enabled starting February 1st and it might take until the end of March for everyone to get it.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    on android if it stays on LTE while you
    are on a call then you have VoLTE enabled.
    another way is to dial *#*#4636#*#* a secret menu
    should show, from here select phone information,
    scroll down and you should see some switches for VoLTE - WIFI
    calling ect.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haris163 View Post
    Not everyone has Volte yet. Reportedly, new accounts have it and the rest will be enabled starting February 1st and it might take until the end of March for everyone to get it.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    on android if it stays on LTE while you
    are on a call then you have VoLTE enabled.
    another way is to dial *#*#4636#*#* a secret menu
    should show, from here select phone information,
    scroll down and you should see some switches for VoLTE - WIFI
    calling ect.
    I guess I'll have to take my unlocked S8 and A9 to a Corporate store and see if they would do a SIM swap and if that would enable VoLTE to work.
    I know about the secret menu, and it shows VoLTE, WiFi Calling and Video Calling disabled (not provisioned).
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast