Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Sucessfull VoLTE Activation on Prepaid!

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Boulevard View Post
    Anyone hear anything on Wifi calling and this transition?
    No. And I didn't think of asking when I was on the phone with a CSR.

My brother in law on ST ATT has Wi-Fi, but I've heard of others on ST without it.

Pure speculation until we learn more is that I suspect it won't happen unless it comes along with VoLTE in their system.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    H910 (AT&T V20)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Boulevard View Post
    Anyone hear anything on Wifi calling and this transition?
    When I called: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ng-in-Oklahoma
    the rep mentioned WiFi calling. I wouldn't be surprised if they happen together. VoLTE is a prerequisite for WiFi calling.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    I just spoke to 2 regular reps and a tier 2 rep, all of them told me VoLTE isn’t available and that there is no timeline they can give me. I live in Northern California if that means anything.
    Well, I think the ultimate timeline is the sunset of the HSPA+ network, which is a couple years out IIRC.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haris163 View Post
    When I called: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ng-in-Oklahoma
    the rep mentioned WiFi calling. I wouldn't be surprised if they happen together. VoLTE is a prerequisite for WiFi calling.
    Wi-Fi would have been nice when I was on vacation in England, since ATT Prepaid doesn't roam there. I just had to settle for being out of touch, since the local SIM I bought through Amazon didn't include calls or texts to the US. Though maybe if I had added funds. I just lived with using the phone for the data only.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Wi-Fi would have been nice when I was on vacation in England, since ATT Prepaid doesn't roam there. I just had to settle for being out of touch, since the local SIM I bought through Amazon didn't include calls or texts to the US. Though maybe if I had added funds. I just lived with using the phone for the data only.
    You could have signed up for a month of Skype or something similar to make/receive calls.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCTed View Post
    You could have signed up for a month of Skype or something similar to make/receive calls.
    I was traveling with family, and since we all had iPhones, we could iMessage as needed. I ended up only contacting a couple people back in the states. One had an iPhone, and I used Facebook Messenger for the other.

No plans for international travel for at least a few more years. By then, things will have changed more. And even if I do, it may be more local, like Canada, where some prepaid roams.

Feedback Score
    Looks like VoLTE is working down here in CT also with prepaid. I went to a store that a phone allows for WiFi calling I was testing to set it up and it said WiFi calling set up in progress and I made a call and the phone stayed on LTE and I can tell the call had VoLTE on it so it’s working down here it appears and this was on a Galaxy Express Prime 3 I couldn’t test the iPhone since the ones in the store had a passcode block.

Device(s)
    H910 (AT&T V20)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Looks like VoLTE is working down here in CT also with prepaid. I went to a store that a phone allows for WiFi calling I was testing to set it up and it said WiFi calling set up in progress and I made a call and the phone stayed on LTE and I can tell the call had VoLTE on it so it’s working down here it appears and this was on a Galaxy Express Prime 3 I couldn’t test the iPhone since the ones in the store had a passcode block.
    Is this a new account? or just a new phone(is the sim new too?)? Is the number a CT number?

Feedback Score
    Is this a new account? or just a new phone(is the sim new too?)? Is the number a CT number?
    That not sure but it was a phone on display that worked and it was a CT number.

Device(s)
    H910 (AT&T V20)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    That not sure but it was a phone on display that worked and it was a CT number.
    A display phone (although marketed for prepaid) probably had some kind of corporate account for demo purposes (with postpaid features) and not a prepaid account.

Feedback Score
    A display phone (although marketed for prepaid) probably had some kind of corporate account for demo purposes (with postpaid features) and not a prepaid account.
    Darn that was my second thought after leaving the store. I was debating at that point about setting up an account but didn’t want to set up to get disappointed. I mean I can wait until January 15 to see what they release for VoLTE and go from there. Cricket does have both for time being so that works for now. Lol

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Darn that was my second thought after leaving the store. I was debating at that point about setting up an account but didn’t want to set up to get disappointed. I mean I can wait until January 15 to see what they release for VoLTE and go from there. Cricket does have both for time being so that works for now. Lol
    Cricket would be tempting for my usage, since it at least offers hotspot when needed. $15/month more for me than ATT Prepaid since I am still getting a $15/month discount on DTV Now that I started to get when I was on Unlimited Plus ATT Postpaid earlier in the year. The discount (along with "free" HBO) should have gone away when I went to Prepaid, but hasn't in the 7 1/2 months I've been on prepaid. $105 in discounts so far. Let alone the savings I have had on prepaid vs postpaid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Cricket would be tempting for my usage, since it at least offers hotspot when needed. $15/month more for me than ATT Prepaid since I am still getting a $15/month discount on DTV Now that I started to get when I was on Unlimited Plus ATT Postpaid earlier in the year. The discount (along with "free" HBO) should have gone away when I went to Prepaid, but hasn't in the 7 1/2 months I've been on prepaid. $105 in discounts so far. Let alone the savings I have had on prepaid vs postpaid.
    I’ve had free HBO and my $25 discount over a year after leaving postpaid. I think they really have no way to verify promos once they’re grandfathered.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    I’ve had free HBO and my $25 discount over a year after leaving postpaid. I think they really have no way to verify promos once they’re grandfathered.
    I have been working on the assumption that actually leaving ATT to a MVNO, let alone another network, would be enough to trigger it

I do miss the remotes that came with cable or satellite DVRs. A Roku or Apple TV remote is not quite as good for TV. But it IS cheaper. I'll probably drop ESPN soon and save some money once college football season is over.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    In the Pittsburgh market it still isn’t live.

Call drops straight from LTE to 4G when you make a call.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast