Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Sucessfull VoLTE Activation on Prepaid!

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    I put the SIM in the 3XL to try it out. So just a few hours.

Yes, on prepaid.
    I was informed that it was market specific, so not everyone all at once. So Seattle must be an early market.

I was told Jan 15th, so I'm hopeful.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    So I wanted to update the thread:

I still have VoLTE, to do some testing on weather it is tied to iPhone only I put the same sim into a ZTE Blade Spark which is a AT&T branded Android phone and is VoLTE ready and I noticed VoLTE also works on the Blade spark as well. So it seems as long as AT&T has whitelisted the imei in the system that provisions VoLTE and your device is VoLTE ready you can move devices and it stays activated but if you move it to an unlocked phone that is not whitelisted you could lose it one the system does a “imei check” and sees the incompatible device.
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Extreme Pro Internet with up to 400 Megs Per Second Download speed and Xfinity TV with 160+ Channels on a Xfinity Double Play.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: AT&T Prepaid as primary, Sprint Free One Year Promo as Secondary.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Since there are multiple reports of people with info about VoLTE being enabled. Including me based on a CSR, I went ahead and paid for the next 2 months worth of service. (Taking advantage of a 10% discount on PINs).

I had called ATT in November to get account number information since I was considering leaving for a VoLTE compatible service.

Next month will be critical to find out whether it really deploys or not.

Device(s)
    H910 (AT&T V20)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    It looks like Volte for all of us is a matrer of time. Maybe they are testing it with limed rollout before they flip the switch for the whole network.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I gotta say so glad they are slowly rolling things out but wow took them a long time to start rolling it out since Verizon prepaid had it for a little over 2 years. But cricket had it as well for an AT&T prepaid network so that was a work around for time being

Feedback Score

Sucessfull VoLTE Activation on Prepaid!

So I’ve had a GoPhone purchased IPhone SE. Is that volte capable?
    Last edited by kingc; 12-25-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Feedback Score
    Big if true

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingc View Post
    So I’ve had a GoPhone purchased IPhone SE. Is that volte capable?
    Any iPhone 6 or later is capable.

Feedback Score
    I have an iPhone XS that I purchased without a sim card and transferred the sim from my iPhone 6 to the XS. That sim is over 4 years old. So far, I have not noticed any calls using VOLTE. I do not make a lot of phone calls so location may come in to play. LTE is enabled on the phone and I don't get any errors that the sim needs replacement.

I recently gave the previously mentioned IP6 to a family member and set it up using a sim that was moved from their AT&T prepaid LG phone purchased about 3 months ago. Made a few calls with the IP6 and VOLTE was working.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Wondering if VoLTE will ever be supported by AT&T Prepaid with my Unlocked S8 (not a carrier branded model).
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    Just called into prepaid support and was told by a tier 2 tech that "VoLTE will never be enabled on a non AT&T branded device." I'm suspecting he's incorrect as VoLTE clearly works on postpaid on my Pixel 3 XL and I see no reason why AT&T would want to have that restriction if it would negatively affect their ability to decommission their HSPA network and risk losing customers when BYOD users literally wouldn't be able to make calls...

A virtually impossible but finitely improbable location
    Device(s)
    Note 8
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorB0NG View Post
    Just called into prepaid support and was told by a tier 2 tech that "VoLTE will never be enabled on a non AT&T branded device." I'm suspecting he's incorrect as VoLTE clearly works on postpaid on my Pixel 3 XL and I see no reason why AT&T would want to have that restriction if it would negatively affect their ability to decommission their HSPA network and risk losing customers when BYOD users literally wouldn't be able to make calls...
    He probably meant, "except for iPhones and Pixel devices." There do seem to be some devices that they allow to work. In general, I don't expect ATT to support non-branded devices, at least not in the near future.

Feedback Score
    I just spoke to 2 regular reps and a tier 2 rep, all of them told me VoLTE isn’t available and that there is no timeline they can give me. I live in Northern California if that means anything.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    I just spoke to 2 regular reps and a tier 2 rep, all of them told me VoLTE isn’t available and that there is no timeline they can give me. I live in Northern California if that means anything.
    That probably means something since I'm under the impression it is being enabled at different times depending on market.

A virtually impossible but finitely improbable location
    Device(s)
    Note 8
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    That probably means something since I'm under the impression it is being enabled at different times depending on market.
    Anyone hear anything on Wifi calling and this transition?

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast