Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Sucessfull VoLTE Activation on Prepaid!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Since it doesn't work on my unlocked carrier free S8, I wonder if VoLTE will work on the unlocked S10 or only the ATT branded version.
    Exactly what I'm wondering. I don't really want to get the branded version but if AT&T is going to pull this crap I guess I have to.

A virtually impossible but finitely improbable location
    Device(s)
    Note 8
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Since it doesn't work on my unlocked carrier free S8, I wonder if VoLTE will work on the unlocked S10 or only the ATT branded version.
    Historically att has only supported att phones

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Exactly what I'm wondering. I don't really want to get the branded version but if AT&T is going to pull this crap I guess I have to.
    Pie should change that just as Oreo did with the S8 and Note 8.

I had installed Pie on my factory unlocked S9+ and was able to get VoLTE and WiFI calling on prepaid with no problems. When I inserted my AT&T sim, the phone rebooted into the AT&T version of the firmware and everything worked great. When I put my T-Mobile sim back in the phone, the phone rebooted into the T-Mobile version of the software so that all it's features would work. The same happened with my Xfinity Mobile sim and VoLTE and WiFi calling worked with it.

I went back to Oreo on my S9+ and Note 9 yesterday because I just don't like Pie.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    There were reports in today's WSJ that ATT notified regulatory agencies that they will phase out 3G by early 2022. So about 3 years from now.

No wonder they are starting to deploy VoLTE on Prepaid. Probably have to deploy to the MVNOs soon.

Hopefully expand the number of supported phones, else they will have people buying phones that don't work on their service. People who buy phones every 4 years may have to buy early if their current new phone isn't supported.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Carrier(s)
    ATT, TMO, VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    I have 2 lines, one on an ATT iPhone 6s that converted over about Feb 1 and then this week my Verizon Samsung 8+ converted to VoLTE. At least that was when I first noticed. So you may not need a ATT branded phones, it is just a matter of time to switch over.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    At least they are still converting. Hope for those that it hasn't happened yet. It appears that some modern Samsung phones will, with later OS updates, download the appropriate firmware for ATT even if not ATT originally.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cctraderx View Post
    I have 2 lines, one on an ATT iPhone 6s that converted over about Feb 1 and then this week my Verizon Samsung 8+ converted to VoLTE. At least that was when I first noticed. So you may not need a ATT branded phones, it is just a matter of time to switch over.
    That's good to hear. But still no VoLTE on my unlocked S8.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

A virtually impossible but finitely improbable location
    Device(s)
    Note 8
    Feedback Score
    Still nothing on my Att note 8 either, so... It may not be you specifically.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Nothing yet in West Houston, two iPhones on my account. The wait will continue.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Called AT&T, they said that my lines have already had VoLTE enabled since November last year but we definitely do not have VoLTE nor Wi-Fi calling yet on AT&T branded Galaxy S7 edge and Note 5 as well as Moto G. Used to have it on same Galaxy phones when we were on AT&T postpaid earlier last year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconjp View Post
    Called AT&T, they said that my lines have already had VoLTE enabled since November last year but we definitely do not have VoLTE nor Wi-Fi calling yet on AT&T branded Galaxy S7 edge and Note 5 as well as Moto G. Used to have it on same Galaxy phones when we were on AT&T postpaid earlier last year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using HoFo mobile app
    Maybe swap sims temporarily between phones to see if that triggers something?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Maybe swap sims temporarily between phones to see if that triggers something?
    Or maybe getting a new SIM card will do the trick. I heard reports the getting new SIM card will do it. Maybe give that a shot?

Feedback Score
    Ok so I just called a few AT&T stores and one agent said HD Voice is not in CT yet from what a customer told him and 2 other store reps said they were not sure. So I’m in a loop if I should just try an activate a new line with them to see if I get it. Altho I haven’t heard of anyone in CT saying they got VoLTE yet tho. Any thoughts?

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Or maybe getting a new SIM card will do the trick. I heard reports the getting new SIM card will do it. Maybe give that a shot?
    Worth a shot, but could swap SIMs without going anywhere. And assuming same SIM cards as last year on postpaid, the SIMs should be compatible as well as the area.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    If it hadn't been turned on in my area yet, after first hearing about it in late November, I probably would be switching to Verizon Prepaid in a week. The reason I left the Verizon network isn't applicable anymore.

Verizon Prepaid still has one benefit I learned about recently that, if I had known about last summer, I would have switched then. The ability to buy an international travel pass. I would have done that last fall when I went on vacation to the UK. Not applicable now, since I have no plans to go international any time soon.

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast