Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Sucessfull VoLTE Activation on Prepaid!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    I went to the first link, entered in the SIM and IMEI, and it said the SIM card and S8 was already activated (which it has been for 2 years).
    Is that the phone you have now?

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Is that the phone you have now?
    Yes. I started off with an LG G5, then got the S8 summer of 2017.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    H910 (AT&T V20)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    I happened to pass by an AT&T store during shopping and I thought to check with them. They read me a memo in their system stating that the system will start a sweep adding VoLTE to existing customers from Jan. 28 expected to be completed by sometime in March. It also confirmed that WiFi calling will be added in the near future.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Just to update the thread. I just activated a ZTE Blade Spark(AT&T Branded) on a brand new line with a new number and VoLTE was immediately activated without my changing the settings or doing a check box on the website.

Also, the unlocked Samsung phones don't have the VoLTE option yet as AT&T sent Samsung a Carrier Profile which does not allow for VoLTE on Prepaid and since then has not sent an updated one to Samsung to get that fixed.
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Extreme Pro Internet with up to 400 Megs Per Second Download speed and Xfinity TV with 160+ Channels on a Xfinity Double Play.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: AT&T Prepaid as primary, Sprint Free One Year Promo as Secondary.

Device(s)
    LG G3/G2/XCharge Moto E4/E2/G4-G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haris163 View Post
    They read me a memo in their system stating that the system will start a sweep adding VoLTE to existing customers from Jan. 28 expected to be completed by sometime in March.
    I hope this sweep will include AT&T MVNOs, too. My LG G3 is AT&T branded and VoLTE-capable, but it has only been used on various MVNOs. I have been waiting for the option of voice calling on more bands than just UMTS Band 5 (in many places).

Device(s)
    H910 (AT&T V20)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    I hope this sweep will include AT&T MVNOs, too. My LG G3 is AT&T branded and VoLTE-capable, but it has only been used on various MVNOs. I have been waiting for the option of voice calling on more bands than just HSPA Band 5 (in many places).
    That was specifically about AT&T Prepaid. Logically they should also bring VoLTE to MVNOs soon, especially if they will start reducing the non LTE coverage.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicpdx17 View Post
    Also, the unlocked Samsung phones don't have the VoLTE option yet as AT&T sent Samsung a Carrier Profile which does not allow for VoLTE on Prepaid and since then has not sent an updated one to Samsung to get that fixed.
    Where did you hear that from? Was hoping my S8 G950U1 Unlocked model would eventually get VoLTE support.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Where did you hear that from? Was hoping my S8 G950U1 Unlocked model would eventually get VoLTE support.
    That is an issue right now with ATT. With exceptions (Pixel 3, iPhones), ATT doesn't want to support VoLTE on non ATT branded phones. So a Samsung bought from ATT that displays ATT while booting, yes. The same phone bought from Samsung unlocked, no.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    I hope this sweep will include AT&T MVNOs, too. My LG G3 is AT&T branded and VoLTE-capable, but it has only been used on various MVNOs. I have been waiting for the option of voice calling on more bands than just UMTS Band 5 (in many places).
    Believe they are just sweeping their own customer accounts. MVNOs are going to be more difficult when ATT decides to support them. How do you support a MVNO that has their own phone they sold locked to begin with? Does it have a VoLTE support ATT will support?

Though there have been cases of ST ATT supporting VoLTE and Wi-Fi in the past on an iPhone.

Device(s)
    H910 (AT&T V20)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    Success! After 45 mins on the phone the rep was able to provision my line for VoLTE! The call started with "HD...what?"... and then you need to have the right phone, live in a compatible area etc ... I had to insist that it was something on AT&T's end, and then finally the rep put me on a long hold and got the feature activated. It only took an extra 10 mins to add it to another line.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    That is an issue right now with ATT. With exceptions (Pixel 3, iPhones), ATT doesn't want to support VoLTE on non ATT branded phones. So a Samsung bought from ATT that displays ATT while booting, yes. The same phone bought from Samsung unlocked, no.
    OK, here's a question, though. My Samsung S7 has a switch for VoLTE in the service menu. But at the moment, it's grayed out and cannot be turned on. Does this meant the phone has the ability, but is waiting for the authorization from AT&T?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nassour View Post
    OK, here's a question, though. My Samsung S7 has a switch for VoLTE in the service menu. But at the moment, it's grayed out and cannot be turned on. Does this meant the phone has the ability, but is waiting for the authorization from AT&T?
    look in the *#*#4636#*#* phone information menu and see if the VoLTE is showing provisioned. Is it an AT&T phone?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This is not a branded AT&T phone, pure Samsung, no carrier at all, unlocked. In the info menu, there IS a switch for VoLTE, but it is grayed out and cannot be turned on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nassour View Post
    This is not a branded AT&T phone, pure Samsung, no carrier at all, unlocked. In the info menu, there IS a switch for VoLTE, but it is grayed out and cannot be turned on.
    Then that handset isn't supported. AT&T won't support it unless it's branded AT&T, iphone or pixel.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, THAT'S no fun! Thanks for the info.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast