Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Sucessfull VoLTE Activation on Prepaid!

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Boulevard View Post
    Anyone with VOLTE Working on their phone, can you see if ATT Call Protect works?

Previous, this app for getting rid of probably spam calls, would not work on Prepaid, because it required HD Voice. Now that VOLTE works on ATT phones, we may actually have access to a half decent, system level, SPAM stopping service.
    Tried it but it still says it doesn't work with prepaid.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justinkk2005 View Post
    I think VoLTE is region dependent no matter your SIM. I live in eastern Kentucky and don’t have VoLTE. I was just driving on I-81 in Virginia around natural bridge and made a phone call and it was a VoLTE call! Progress! I have an eSIM activated in December of 2018.

Edit: Stopped to eat near Waynesboro on 64 and just made another VoLTE call.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    HD Voice isn't universal even with a valid plan and phone. The new coverage maps differentiate between HD Voice and Voice. Much of eastern Kentucky is shown as HD Voice, but still significant areas without.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB (Qualcomm)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    HD Voice isn't universal even with a valid plan and phone. The new coverage maps differentiate between HD Voice and Voice. Much of eastern Kentucky is shown as HD Voice, but still significant areas without.
    I realize that. I had HD voice everywhere I had LTE with postpaid. I just don’t have it with prepaid. So what I am saying is I was able to use VoLTE for the first time on prepaid without falling back to HSPA

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Current Device: Silver 256 GB iPhone X
    Carrier: AT&T

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Well, it looks like it is working for me in Oklahoma. I don't believe in coincidences, so I suspect it is the new phone that triggered it.

I impulse purchased an iPhone SE this weekend for a backup phone. It came this afternoon, and I moved my existing SIM over to the phone to activate it.

The SE is currently in a call to another line, and it shows LTE. So even though I didn't use the new SIM that came with it, I suspect that the activation touched my account and enabled it.

Of course, it IS possible that it just started working today anyway. I guess I'll never know. Yesterday I didn't have VoLTE on my phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Call Date

01/22/19

Call Time

06:07:20 PM

Timezone

US/Central

Call Duration

0min 16sec

Total Amount

$0.00

Service Used

$65 Unlimited Monthly Plan

Unit(s) Charged

NA

Call Location

None

Access Type

VoLTE

Feedback Score
    Is this the same as sticking the sim in another phone that is already on the ATT network post paid service? Could doing so screw either account/phone up?

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    I suspect that if I had stuck a postpaid SIM into the phone I wouldn't have got the $45 credit that was part of the deal with buying it from Best Buy.

Feedback Score
    I meant to say is it dangerous for me to stick my prepaid sim in a fully activated iPhone that’s currently using a postpaid sim in hopes of triggering some account thing that enables volte?

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    I'm foggy headed from a bad cold. So I'm not going to make any recommendations

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I've been watching this off and on recently and occasionally trying to turn on Wifi calling and checking if my phone will remain on LTE when making a call.

Before today my VoLTE test was always dropping to 4G, but today I noted it stayed on LTE and my Account History shows a call with Access Type = VoLTE now.

I still cannot turn on Wifi Calling.

I have been with AT&T Prepaid for just over a year. The phone I am using is a "Verizon" (unlocked) iPhone Xr bought from an Apple Store paid in full.

I am in the Minneapolis, MN area.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Well, it looks like it is working for me in Oklahoma. I don't believe in coincidences, so I suspect it is the new phone that triggered it.

I impulse purchased an iPhone SE this weekend for a backup phone. It came this afternoon, and I moved my existing SIM over to the phone to activate it.

The SE is currently in a call to another line, and it shows LTE. So even though I didn't use the new SIM that came with it, I suspect that the activation touched my account and enabled it.

Of course, it IS possible that it just started working today anyway. I guess I'll never know. Yesterday I didn't have VoLTE on my phone.
    I put my prepaid sim into my wife’s iPhoneX after confirming it didn’t have VoLTE enabled. After switching it back to my phone and waiting a few minutes, it now has VoLTE enabled.

Device(s)
    H910 (AT&T V20)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    Do you have an iPhone or Android? Which State/area are you at?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haris163 View Post
    Do you have an iPhone or Android? Which State/area are you at?

iPhone XS Max is my phone which uses the prepaid. Her phone is iPhoneX on post paid att. We are in Virginia.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE & 5S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gtrunner View Post
    I put my prepaid sim into my wife’s iPhoneX after confirming it didn’t have VoLTE enabled. After switching it back to my phone and waiting a few minutes, it now has VoLTE enabled.
    I tried something similar after reading your post. I put my SIM into my old iPhone 5S, made a test call on 4G, then put the SIM back in my iPhone SE, and VoLTE still didn't work. Then i went into settings, selected "cellular" then "Cellular data options" and disabled LTE, waited a few minutes, then enabled LTE for Voice and Data, then my AT&T connection re-set and i now have VoLTE. I attempted to enable Wi-Fi calling but still go the "not yet ready" message.

This is in the North Texas / DFW area.

Device(s)
    H910 (AT&T V20)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    I called again this morning for getting Volte activated on my account and the rep told me with confidence that I needed to call back on the 28th.

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast