Thread: Voice problem - lte data is fine

Feedback Score

Voice problem - lte data is fine

I have been experiencing a problem with one tower where voice does not work. This is a new issue and is unfortunately in the area (a few miles in any direction) I live. I have been with Cricket for years and not had a problem in this area with four bars of service. There was a tower outage in early November for 3 days. Once they fixed it my service was fine for about a week. Now in this area voice does not work with the exception of my daughter's iphone which must be using volte. This affects at least 8 different lines that I am aware of. I have not seen anyone with cricket have voice service (unless iphone) since the issue started November 8th. After repeated calls and the usual we don't see an issue in your area they escalated the issue. Then we got a text around the 15th of November saying there is a tower issue that would impact our service and it should be resolved by December 1. So we called again on the 2nd and were told there were no issues in our area again. After much discussion they said it takes a week to fix a tower and call back after the 9th. Has anyone else had this issue with voice? Any suggestions? I have done the chat, phone call, and even facebook with no luck so far. I am not sure they are actually doing anything other than putting us off.

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    OMG YES. This story is such deja vu.
    I had this a little over 2 years ago and it is almost exactly verbatim my story. In my case, however, we were able to make outgoing calls but incoming wouldn't ring as long as it was connected to LTE. And it only happened in the area I lived (of course) and data worked fine. I kept calling and they told me they are aware of an issue and it would be resolved on a certain date.
    That date would come, I'd call again and they would say a new date... this went on for months before things finally started to get better. I use Google Voice so I was able to wait it out and use WiFi/Data for calls when at home, and for my wife I ended up upgrading her to an LG X Charge since it supported VOLTE and VoWIFI. Eventually the issue was resolved.

I have no idea why it happened, I thought maybe it had to do with tower upgrades pushing LTE resources for voLTE. The thing is, for a while we would get an H+ signal that ONLY DID VOICE, no data. It was so weird, its like the LTE data and 3G voice were coming from 2 different towers and were out of sync with each other.

Anyway, my suggestion to you is:
    Get the AT&T mark the spot app, and use it to report an issue every time it doesn't work. This, believe it or not, seems to get their attention. Leave notes if you can, and get everyone you know in the area to do it too. That alerts the AT&T techs there is something to look into.

Meanwhile, if you can, try setting your phone's network to H+ (disable LTE). For me, if it is the same issue, that forced the phone to lock on to the 3G layer that can carry voice calls.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the suggestions! I installed the app and will use it when I am back in that area and I will try the H+ to see if that helps. A tech did call yesterday and claims he will get someone to check the tower. I am hopeful and skeptical. We have been using google voice to get by and have an Ooma (voip) line but it is annoying to miss calls since everyone is used to calling our cell numbers.