Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Introduces new netgear hotspot

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Useratt1 View Post
    I wonder if 5G will be added free to the current unlimited plans.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

I highly doubt they'll give it to us for free. Especially early on. I'm just hoping everyone's speeds improve on the 4G side as they're improving their network. I personally don't need those speeds at this time.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, Huawei Mate 20 Pro
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    According to the AT&T website, they are not in stock at my local stores. Of course, I have had things actually be in stock locally even though the website showed otherwise.
    The same for me. What I do now: look at AT&T website, call to a local store, win

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Visible, AT&T 2016 UL, Mobley CCU, ATT 500GB rural plan
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Useratt1 View Post
    I wonder if 5G will be added free to the current unlimited plans.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Highly doubtful, as they're charging $70 for the 15GB pool of data for 5G as it stands now.
    Visible Early Access Code-90CC6

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    Highly doubtful, as they're charging $70 for the 15GB pool of data for 5G as it stands now.
    I do believe AT&T will allow current plans access to 5G, albeit with restrictions (480p/1080p max video streaming, up to x Mbps for "legacy" plans, etc).

Remember, this hotspot device will be using 4G networks for quite some time. AT&T has no commercially available unlimited hotspot plans, currently (with select exclusions). Until 5G becomes mainstream, I do not anticipate any commercially available unlimited hotspot plans. As technology and 5G expansion improves, there will be better options available, including (hopefully) unlimited hotspot plans.

Feedback Score

AT&T Unite Express 2 Mobile Hotspot AC797S-1A1NAS

Has anybody here spotted one of these in an AT&T brick and mortar store yet?

Feedback Score

I stopped by the Eagan MN AT&T store tonight and found that they do, indeed, have the new AT&T Unite Express 2 Mobile Hotspot AC797S-1A1NAS in stock despite the fact that the website shows: "Sorry, but one or more of your items isn't available for in-store pickup near you. We recommend having your order shipped instead, but you can also try searching a different location." I had that happen some months back with the Nighthawk, too. It was in stock, but the website showed no stock.

Anyway, for those that are interested, here are a few takeaways that I noticed immediately:

-The dimension of the original are 4.5 in x 2.8 in x 0.79 in (113.5 mm x 71 mm x 20 mm) The 2 is 110(L) x 68(W) x 15.4mm(H) Translation: The 2 is noticeably thinner than the original.

-The two is NOT ruggedized.

-The display on the 2 is smaller than the original.

-The SIM Card Type: Micro.

-It does have AT&T Band 14.

-Both still use the micro USB port.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/gear/unite-express-2/

I know that I will eventually want a device that will support Band 14, but since it is not in use in my area yet, I am going to wait a while. In fact, I might even wait until some unlocked Unite Express 2 are available from online dealers!

Feedback Score
    I picked one up yesterday and am using it along side a Velocity. Congestion slows me down during peak hours so I was hopeful band 14 might help. So far there there is no difference in download speeds at my house. I will take it around today and see if I can find any advantage on the road. I am in far western suburbs of Chicago. Average 10-15mbps at house.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by roscoe1972 View Post
    ...I am in far western suburbs of Chicago. Average 10-15mbps at house.
    Thank you for the reply. That is actually pretty underwhelming if you have Band 14 and the newest device.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the reply. That is actually pretty underwhelming if you have Band 14 and the newest device.
    No band 14 at my house. The unite Express does show the bands being used under settings

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by roscoe1972 View Post
    ...The unite Express does show the bands being used under settings
    That is, indeed, good to know. I don't think my Unite Explore will do that. (I can't check right now because my wife has it!)

Feedback Score

AT&T Netgear Unite Express 2 Mobile Hotspot AC797S-1A1NAS

For those here that are using the AT&T Netgear Unite Express 2 Mobile Hotspot AC797S-1A1NAS, how well is it working out for you? I see an eBay seller that has a few for sale and I am giving it some thought.

Feedback Score
    For those here that are using the AT&T Netgear Unite Express 2 Mobile Hotspot AC797S-1A1NAS, how well is it working out for you? I see an eBay seller that has a few for sale and I am giving it some thought.
    Get the nighthawk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

AT&T Netgear Unite Express 2 Mobile Hotspot AC797S-1A1NAS

Quote Originally Posted by Im_A_DrunkSo View Post
    Get the nighthawk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually do have an AT&T Netgear Nighthawk that I use for home internet. I am thinking of getting the Unite Express 2 to replace my AT&T Unite Explore AC815S. I can't tell from the description is it would perform identically to the 815S or if it would be faster.

The AC815S states it has 4G LTE Advanced Cat 9 + 2X Carrier Aggregation.

The AC797S states it has LTE Cat 13 with 2CA and 256 QAM capable of up to 400 Mbps.

I really have no idea of the difference between those two. I do see that the AC797S lists it has Band 14.

Feedback Score
    That is, indeed, good to know. I don't think my Unite Explore will do that. (I can't check right now because my wife has it!)
    Unite Explore will show the primary band, but not the aggregated bands.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    I believe the Unite Explore received an OTA upgrade to 3X CA.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast