Thread: H20 phone sale for monthly plans only

Feedback Score

H20 phone sale for monthly plans only

I wanted to buy one of the sale phones on H20 website but couldn't buy without picking a plan and they didn't offer my plan, the $10 /90day plan. Only monthly plans were offered. The cheapest $20/month. I called customer service and asked what's up with that and the best I could get was the phones on sale are only for monthly plans. Anyway the prices were good if anyone wanted a good phone for H20. Don't know when the sale ends.

The AT&T Phoenix 3 is online at Best Buy right now for 24.99 if anyone is interested. It's way low specs compared to the Phoenix 2 but if I hadn't bought a Moto E5 I might've snagged the P3 for H20. My H20 phone doesn't need to be fancy.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/at-t-pr...?skuId=5748617

The Best Buy P3 link

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't even mess with LG, let alone their bottom of the barrel goods.

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I saw on phone sale page at H20 website that a person can verify their H20 telephone number instead of picking a monthly plan to buy one of their phones so I activated an H20 SIM in my old AT&T ZTE z222 flip. I had it on H20 before. Now the only phone on sale in my price range is the Alcatel Ideal Xcite. The others I wanted are Out of Stock.

I did get a good number that's easy to remember. The weird part is when I activated online, it asked me to pick a town from a drop-down menu, it didn't let me enter a zip. The nearest town to my zip on the list is smaller than the one I'm in and a few miles away but I chose it because the next nearest is 30 miles away.

Online activation of the SIM was very easy, I was given a choice of entering the SIM number or the ActFast code and after the phone received its updates, it was working and the funds were credited.

The online price for the SIM was, free SIM, $10 for the 90 day pay as you go plan, and $5 for USPS shipping. No taxes were assessed so I guess they're included in the $5 shipping. I thought it said Priority Postal but it came first class. I ordered Wednesday 12/12/18 and it didn't ship til Monday, and it came 12/21/18 Friday.

I would've bought the kit at the local Rite Aid but they were out of stock. If I got it there I would have had it right away but it would have been $15 plus taxes. So though it took a little while it was cheaper buying from H20.

Now I will probably try to get a phone I can port my main number to. To port the number I think I have to provide the IMEI at activation so it has to be unlocked.

Are the phones on H20 AT&T unlocked or are they still just AT&T locked?

I have an LG Phoenix 2 phone on AT&T now but it's not eligible yet for unlock. It's the one with the number I want to port to H20.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    You don't need to unlock an AT&T phone to use it on H20. It will wotk right out of the box. So my assumption is they are locked.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    You don't need to unlock an AT&T phone to use it on H20. It will wotk right out of the box. So my assumption is they are locked.
    That's why I asked if anyone knew if the H20 website phones were locked or unlocked, wouldn't be much point in buying one if they're still AT&T locked. It said free shipping on the phones last time I checked. There are some over $100 and I could get an unlocked GSM for that. I was more interested in the ones on sale for $50 but out of stock.

Feedback Score
    I activated an H20 SIM and tried to verify the number so I could buy an Alcatel Xcite from their website. There were only two ways to buy one, bundle it with a monthly plan or verify my H20 number to prove I have a plan. When I tapped VERIFY it didn't do anything.

I checked another phone that's still in stock and when I tapped VERIFY it opened a dialogue box to enter the telephone number but that's a $120 phone. I wanted the Alcatel.

The other phones all show as out of stock.

I emailed them to tell them about the issue.

Another glitch, the $120 phone has a page that shows the 90 day plans including the $10 one but the Alcatel only shows the monthly plans.

It's too bad they don't keep some AT&T phones on their site for all plans. It's hard to get lower priced AT&T phones online, they're usually in store only at Best Buy or elsewhere unless they're $70 or more. I don't live near those stores. I want to transfer my AT&T number to H20 but must have an unlocked phone to do that. The rules say they won't unlock a phone unless its active for atleast 6 months. Looks like I will have to stay on AT&T until I can unlock a phone.

Sent from my LGL64VL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    The email reply I got from H20 was how to log in to my account, no mention of the issues trying to buy a phone on their site.

Communication breakdown.

🎉😵🎉

Feedback Score
    Now the phones on the H20 site have the existing phone number verification dialog box but if I tap verify it says existing customers can't have the sale price (50% off). I don't get why they won't give a sale price to existing customers since they need to buy new phones sometimes.