Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: FreeUP Mobile - has anyone tried their free plan?

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4, Samsung J7 Neo.
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Page Plus, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Any way to disable voice mail?
    Yes. I have it disabled on mine. There's a warning that if you switch plans it might turn back on though.

Feedback Score
    Anyone else only getting a link to FreshStart.com when trying to print coupons? That is the only "coupon" I get, can't get past it.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ForSpud View Post
    Anyone else only getting a link to FreshStart.com when trying to print coupons? That is the only "coupon" I get, can't get past it.
    I don't know why that's happening, but according to users on another forum, it's apparently only happening when using the app, and they've had to use the website through a browser to print coupons since last night.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Page Plus, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ForSpud View Post
    Same here using the app.

Feedback Score
    FWIW I used the website workaround that Boz1 mentioned above. I click on the FreshStart "coupon" to open a browser on the phone, then type in the URL: https://freeup.billway.com/coupons and it allows me to open the normal coupons under the hamburger menu thingy, select two, and print from there. We'll see if they ever show up credited.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    Yes. I have it disabled on mine. There's a warning that if you switch plans it might turn back on though.
    What is the process for doing so? I tried contacting customer service via phone a few days ago. They indicated it will be done but to date still works.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    What is the process for doing so? I tried contacting customer service via phone a few days ago. They indicated it will be done but to date still works.
    I emailed them. When you call my number it rings forever then I get a busy signal.

This is the response I got from them when I emailed them:

Hello -

Thank you for contacting us. We have manually disabled the voicemail feature for your mobile number 817xxxxxxx.

Please note, if the plan is changed, or goes to an expired status, the voicemail box may be re-initialized, as there is no way to permanently mark this as disabled at this time. If it re-appears, just contact us back and we can remove it again.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^Ok, will send them a request. The VM on that # is breaking my gv vm because it's grabbing the call when the freeup phone is in airplane mode.

Feedback Score
    I got a new number when I signed up with Freeup a week ago and it's getting a ridiculous amount of calls. Been getting about 10-15 per day from all different numbers but same area code. I only use this line for out going sales calls to a certain area code but it's still irritating. Easy to get a new number????

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I emailed them. When you call my number it rings forever then I get a busy signal.
    After they applied the change, I tested with the phone off, the following combinations.

Dialing from GV (softphone on the pc via pbx) it just rings for about 2 minutes then hangs up.

Dialing from a fp voip # it rings for about 30 seconds then hangs up.

Dialing from a cell #, "person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time" is played almost immediately. This must be early media because it's not passed in the iteration below.

Dialing from a cell # with gv as outbound CID, just shows calling.... for about 2 minutes then busy signal.

Thanks for your help! I realized this issue few days ago while trying to receive important calls but some were just getting hung up on almost immediately (freeup phone was turned off).

Feedback Score
    I haven't had any issues making or receiving calls/texts with Freeup. I'm getting about 10 spam calls/texts per month. The Freeup site seems to work better in Chrome for me. I can't make any account changes, other than renewing my plan each month, in Firefox but in Chrome everything seems to work fine. I have the rewards app and will occasionally use it to watch a video, print coupon or take a survey. I've earned $11.20 in rewards so far but haven't used them for any addons.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I got a new number when I signed up with Freeup a week ago and it's getting a ridiculous amount of calls. Been getting about 10-15 per day from all different numbers but same area code. I only use this line for out going sales calls to a certain area code but it's still irritating. Easy to get a new number????
    That was how it was for me during the first 1.5 months (Jan-Feb). I registered it on the DoNot Call registry page and also blocked every unknown/spam number that called me. Now, I rarely (maybe 1 or 2 per 2 weeks) get Spam/robocalls.

Feedback Score
    I'm new to FreeUP and currently on the free plan, which expires next week. Dumb question: how do you select the plan you want for *next* month? When I log into my account, I get a prompt to either stay in the free plan or upgrade to the paid plan. If I select the paid plan, then it changes next month's plan to the $10 one. I cannot change it to the $15 plan, which is really what I wanted.

So... is there a way to select the $15 plan (i.e., the plan of your choice) for next month? If not, that means you can:
    (a) select the free plan, then wait for the 1st day of the next billing period and upgrade then, OR
    (b) select the paid plan, then wait for the 1st day of the next billing period to change to the plan of your choice

Choice A is a hassle, but the safest way. I have no idea what choice B will wind up being. Will you pay an additional $5 (difference between the $15 plan and the $10 plan) when you make the change?

Anyone who has come across this, and what is your experience?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    You don't even have to wait to change your plan. Just log on to your account. Click on "Change My Plan" next to Manage Your Plan and all plans will show up including the $15 plan. Then just select that plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by laidbackguy7 View Post
    You don't even have to wait to change your plan. Just log on to your account. Click on "Change My Plan" next to Manage Your Plan and all plans will show up including the $15 plan. Then just select that plan.
    My understanding is doing this will change your plan for the current month (i.e., the few days I have left in my current billing period, and the upgrade will end when the current billing period ends). My question was how to select the $15 plan starting next month...

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast