Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: FreeUP Mobile - has anyone tried their free plan?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So, I thought I might try this out. Nothing says small operation like goofy grammar in the shopping cart, huh?

I would like to auto renew my plan automatically on the it's anniversary date

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I signed up and received my SIM for this a few days ago. I am using my backup cell, which is a semi-flashed VZW PP G4 Play (XT1609 I believe) to be usable for GSM. After a little fiddling with settings, I was able to use data and cell/text service. So far everything is working well. I've done a bunch of surveys using the FreeUP Rewards app/website and earned $6.00 in about 3 days. I was able to use a virtual cc number but I'm not sure how to actually buy more data. I'm hoping since this is free I can keep it active for when my expat sister visits periodically and needs short-term cell service (hoping I can just swap the SIM in this to her phone when she's here).

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Just making sure, the app is not required right? Its optional for getting more credit and account access.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So I received the SIM a week after order. Activation was relatively easy. The SIM can be moved between phones and the calling, texting and data all work without updating the IMEI on the account page. The account page seems to reflect usage in less than an hour.

I downloaded the app but have not been able to make it work. I sent "support" a msg earlier today, but no answer yet. I was able to do coupons and surveys on their website on a Windows PC. Anybody have the rewards app working?

I can not find any way to apply the rewards to buy extra data or minutes. Anybody figure that out?

I wonder if some of the problem is that the free plan is very new and their programming is not ready for prime time.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by HFUN View Post
    Just making sure, the app is not required right? Its optional for getting more credit and account access.
    I asked this in this thread Post #3.

NOBODY has answered.
    As a USA citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a racist, godless, immoral, hypersensitive, crass, narcissist liar, psychopath committing High Treason against the USA.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 06.03.19

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by HFUN View Post
    I remember reading on the FreeUp site someplace that you have to interact with the app at least once every month to keep the free plan active. So I guess the app _is_ required, even if you don't need it for the credits.

Edit - apparently, the app needn't be downloaded on the phone. It can be used on a computer through a web browser. I myself haven't gotten to the app yet because I've been getting so many spam calls and spam texts on my FreeUp number that I don't know how long I can stick around with FreeUp.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by drooper View Post

I downloaded the app but have not been able to make it work. I sent "support" a msg earlier today, but no answer yet. I was able to do coupons and surveys on their website on a Windows PC. Anybody have the rewards app working?

I can not find any way to apply the rewards to buy extra data or minutes. Anybody figure that out?

I wonder if some of the problem is that the free plan is very new and their programming is not ready for prime time.
    I didn't have any problem with the FreeUP Rewards app (Android version) but FreeUP Talk, their wifi calling app, didn't work - elsewhere I read that it's not supported for the Free Plan.

I have the same question about how to apply rewards for extra minutes or data. No one seems to know yet.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I downloaded the app on my phone (Android) and it seems to work okay, I guess, as I've "earned" rewards. I also was able to access the rewards program via my laptop. But I noticed yesterday that the amount of my "rewards" has fluctuated--first it was $6.00 then on the app yesterday it was $4.66 where it has remained. As others noted not sure how to actually apply this to anything. I did read in the Rewards FAQ the following: "Your reward dollars automatically get applied towards your service at the end of each billing cycle to pay for your service for the following month. You can also choose to upgrade your plan at any time...On the night before your next scheduled payment, your FreeUP Rewards account is swept and applied towards your wireless plan..." Obviously not updated to reflect what happens if you are on the Free plan.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowHF View Post
    I have the same question about how to apply rewards for extra minutes or data. No one seems to know yet.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I can report that when I accumulated over $10 in "Rewards" money, an additional $10 was added to my account (total now is + $20) which I presume I can apply towards one of the paid plans. Have not tried that yet but may do so soon as my expat sister will be visiting soon and will need cell service.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    At some point, if ATT Prepaid doesn't start offering VoLTE, I am likely to move my primary cell phone line to Verizon. At which point I would probably move my secondary line back to an ATT MVNO. (expanding my chances of having coverage, if needed, on road trips).

If this plan is still looking good, it would be a "free" option to keep alive. 500 minutes would be more than enough, and the 100MB of data would allow emergency web access.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    At some point, if ATT Prepaid doesn't start offering VoLTE, I am likely to move my primary cell phone line to Verizon. At which point I would probably move my secondary line back to an ATT MVNO. (expanding my chances of having coverage, if needed, on road trips).
    AT&T postpaid vs prepaid. Prepaid’s $85 unlimited plan is the same as postpaid’s but with a $20 line discount and lower taxes. If they add enhanced calling features, many will go to prepaid because it would be the same for less.

AT&T added enhanced calling features to cricket because of the different name. Eventually AT&T will have no choice but to add it to AT&T prepaid when their network is all LTE... but when?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The implications on a call to CS last week when I wanted to get my account number in case I wanted to port out to VoLTE was that it was in the works on ATT Prepaid. And the implications that it was enabled to my account. (Nothing changed).

I just changed to the $65 plan ($55 after discount) so I am wanting to see how deprioritization affects me. No hot-spot, but I can get that if needed on my iPad with T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    Pixel3XL, Pixel3, Pixel2XL, s9+, s8+, Atom, Axon 7, MoFi, etc
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, Google Fi, Xfinity Mobile, TMO, RP/vzw/att/tmo, Tello, Tru, eKit
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Just signed up. For $1.99 its seemed worth checking out. Got the SIM. Service works as expected, account info updated on the web pretty quickly.

The app does not work. Cannot get past the eight question. Asked support, based on other comments here (and other places like Reddit) expect no reply will be coming anytime soon. Seems like a common issue. A couple times I got an error to sign up with a different email. That makes no sense, I am already signed up. Works on web.

Printed some coupons yesterday and today but got no credit so far.

Tried surveys, they want college attended and that level of detail I have never been asked in a survey. Never happening.

Not impressed so far.
    --
    CellGuru

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarkson View Post
    Just signed up. For $1.99 its seemed worth checking out. Got the SIM. Service works as expected, account info updated on the web pretty quickly.

The app does not work. Cannot get past the eight question. Asked support, based on other comments here (and other places like Reddit) expect no reply will be coming anytime soon. Seems like a common issue. A couple times I got an error to sign up with a different email. That makes no sense, I am already signed up. Works on web.

Printed some coupons yesterday and today but got no credit so far.

Tried surveys, they want college attended and that level of detail I have never been asked in a survey. Never happening.

Not impressed so far.
    You realize you don't have to give them the actual college, right?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast