Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: FreeUP Mobile - has anyone tried their free plan?

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    The only use case left I can see for this service is for 2FA for those that don't accept VOIP #s like Google Voice, TextNow, and TextFree.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    +1
    Unlike many who post here, I have made heavy use of my FreeUp minutes and texts. After all, it's free! I especially find it handy to talk on something other than a smartphone, and it's easy to carry a small phone in my pocket when I'm out walking my dogs. This free lunch will end eventually, but cell service is getting cheaper all the time, and there may be other great deals to replace this one when the time comes.
    I use it, too-- as a matter of fact, it's been my everyday-carry phone for the last 2 weeks. I pair mine with a FreedomPop (free) SIM in a dual-SIM phone.
    I did not sign up as a 'free lunch', though, but as a paid-for-by-actions lunch when it was subsidized by users viewing ads. The original concept provided FreeUP with revenue via this route, and the free plan also served as a starting point for upselling customers to more traditional plans.

Ad support went away when the same process went away for many middlemen due to ad fraud at various levels in the industry. (Note that I am not saying the FreeUP was involved in any ad fraud, and not saying necessarily that any of their middleman vendors were involved in ad fraud: only that the revelation that there was pervasive ad fraud in the industry changed the picture, and the viability, or apps and services that were dependent on the process.)

FreeUp's problem with converting free users to paid users is that they have never managed to institute a user-friendly method and attractive rate structure to entice it's use. If I could add 500mb for $5, I would do so.

Feedback Score
    My free plan says 250 mins/250 sms/no data

I still can access the internet despite I have no data included in free plan.

The only question is why the SIM is not connecting to LTE network (only HSPA)? This is AT&T branded phone compatible with VoLTE (Radiant Core U304AA)

Feedback Score
    Freeup has revamped their plans with caveats. Added new multi month plans. The 8 GB is 20.00 per month when paying 240.00 for the year.

Device(s)
    Note20U, Pixel4XL, Axon 10P, Atom, MoFi, i8(work), etc
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, Google Fi, Xfinity Mobile, Tmo, RP/vzw/att/tmo, Tello, Tru, eKit
    Feedback Score
    FreeUp also revamped the website. You cannot see how many minutes or texts you have remaining anymore.
    --
    CellGuru

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's called innovation... Where they add make up and remove substance.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I'm hoping that was an oversight that they will fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarkson View Post
    FreeUp also revamped the website. You cannot see how many minutes or texts you have remaining anymore.
    Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    You are quick !!! I just noticed this when I logged in today and came here to ask about it. I see a box that says "Usage overview" but it contains "No data found for this account".

You can click on plan and usage history, and it will show you the calls made and no. of minutes/per, but no actual remaining balance on the front page or any page.

Another funny thing is the plan shown in the top box is "1000 Total Minutes OR Texts + Unlimited Hotspot Wi-Fi", which is still not fixed from the changes made months ago.

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    Will LG Tribute HD (CDMA) work with FREEup?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RIMDHoward View Post
    Will LG Tribute HD (CDMA) work with FREEup?
    No. You need GSM 3G/LTE phone

Feedback Score
    The thing I'm now wondering is how we're supposed to confirm our free plan renewal, with this new website. Will there be a popup again? Anyones date coming up?

I read somewhere else that I technically didn't need to keep confirming every month and it would renew by itself, but I don't want to risk it.

I also see an autopay checkbox, but I don't keep a stored payment method anymore, nor do I have that checked.

So hopefully no popup + no payment method + no autopay doesn't mess it up somehow.

Feedback Score
    It popped up for me on Thursday.

Feedback Score
    No Hotspot still?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    No Hotspot still?
    What do you mean? The FreeUp free plan has no data at all, let alone hotspot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    What do you mean? The FreeUp free plan has no data at all, let alone hotspot.
    Sorry, I was wondering about hotspot on their new 3gb plan.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast