Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sprint IPhone 8 Plus VOLTE active with iOS 12.1.1 beta 3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Maybe, depends on the market, but that's the beauty of a standard, they can pick the best coverage/cost balance for each roaming market.

Which is why it's not been enabled until now, B41 is spotty at best for cell handoff, and at Sprint's current spacing in some markets AND past, i do not blame them for taking so long.
    Not really B41 works just fine where I live and work and it's spaced fine. I was also talking about where they don't have coverage NOT where they do. If you get a Sprint signal no roaming. Unless it's spotty and drops to 3G.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Not really B41 works just fine where I live and work and it's spaced fine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    A lot of places are not so lucky. My Sprint phone regularly craps out when driving around and drops to 3G, and I fly around the country for work. I have substantially more data issues with my Sprint line than anything else.

Not to mention the horrid building penetration of B41, I cannot even count how often i end up on B26 just to have unusable data and have to force 3G to get anything working anyway.

But for a $15 kickstart plan, it's fine as a toy phone.
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Feedback Score
    VoLTE being in the menu just means they are finally setting proper QOS for IMS/VoLTE calls.
    Actually I understand there is a new IMS Core that is being used for VoLTE.
    Only phones with ISIM's get access to it.

Feedback Score
    A lot of places are not so lucky. My Sprint phone regularly craps out when driving around and drops to 3G, and I fly around the country for work. ....
    Supported phones on the latest levels no longer drop to 3G. At least my S8 does not. It/they now switch to TMO band 4 LTE in places where previously it/ they dropped to 3G. I do not know whether this is a function of having VoLTE enabled or not (I do) but it seems it may be from other reports.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Supported phones on the latest levels no longer drop to 3G. At least my S8 does not. It/they now switch to TMO band 4 LTE in places where previously it/ they dropped to 3G. I do not know whether this is a function of having VoLTE enabled or not (I do) but it seems it may be from other reports.
    Maybe, i got tired of the 3G on my iPhone 8+, and swapped back to my 6s with CSIM, so that *could* be why, but it exhibits the same behavior as my iPhone 8+ with an ISIM and now Sprint is swearing i need yet another SIM card to use my XS Max, so they can just go to hell with that as far as i'm concerned.

Sprint has the worst system out of any carrier i've ever used.

Feedback Score
    Maybe, i got tired of the 3G on my iPhone 8+, and swapped back to my 6s with CSIM, so that *could* be why, but it exhibits the same behavior as my iPhone 8+ with an ISIM and now Sprint is swearing i need yet another SIM card to use my XS Max, so they can just go to hell with that as far as i'm concerned.

Sprint has the worst system out of any carrier i've ever used.
    It's obviously up to you but just fyi sims are free at most Apple stores or $2.99 at Corporate owned Sprint stores.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    It's obviously up to you but just fyi sims are free at most Apple stores or $2.99 at Corporate owned Sprint stores.
    I have two ISIM here in the package, I just got them a few months ago.. which is really annoying that EVERY time i try to swap a phone, they claim I need a new sim when I have both CSIM and ISIM here

Feedback Score
    I have two ISIM here in the package, I just got them a few months ago.. which is really annoying that EVERY time i try to swap a phone, they claim I need a new sim when I have both CSIM and ISIM here
    They are evolving still.

Sim 416Q for 8/X is indeed ISIM, but sim 516TQ for XR/XS is simota v2.

"GSM SIMs have been the same for quite a while. In the meantime, SIMs for LTE on CDMA networks have been evolving, largely with the goal of making CDMA activations more like GSM activations. By name, these evolutions have been CSIM, ISIM and now SIMOTA."

https://www.gemalto.com/companyinfo/...ity/techno/ota

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    They are evolving still.

Sim 416Q for 8/X is indeed ISIM, but sim 516TQ for XR/XS is simota v2.

"GSM SIMs have been the same for quite a while. In the meantime, SIMs for LTE on CDMA networks have been evolving, largely with the goal of making CDMA activations more like GSM activations. By name, these evolutions have been CSIM, ISIM and now SIMOTA."

https://www.gemalto.com/companyinfo/...ity/techno/ota
    So why is it, that my Verizon SIM from 2012 (came with my iPhone 5), I do not have these problems? I'm willing to bet it has more to do with Ensemble being a complete POS (hell, I had access to it as recently as 2014, and it still said "NEXTEL" when opening it and was a dinosaur of a billing system)

The Verizon SIM has been in the iPhone 5,6,6+,8+, various Android phones, and now my XS Max with no problem, nor a call to customer service.

Feedback Score
    So why is it, that my Verizon SIM from 2012 (came with my iPhone 5), I do not have these problems? I'm willing to bet it has more to do with Ensemble being a complete POS (hell, I had access to it as recently as 2014, and it still said "NEXTEL" when opening it and was a dinosaur of a billing system)

The Verizon SIM has been in the iPhone 5,6,6+,8+, various Android phones, and now my XS Max with no problem, nor a call to customer service.

I dunno. I have not looked into it.

I do not know where the SIMOTA stuff is coming from. Maybe Sprint is going down some Qualcomm path and agenda to take sims off in another direction.

But I would not necessarily rule out some other approach to sims than the most common one.

It is a complete non-issue to most Sprint users who just leave the sim that came with the phone in the phone.

The other carriers do not really do anything for the convenience of users switching carriers or phones either. It just happened to work out that way re sims.

Look at how they have all fought e-sim tooth and nail and are going to neuter Apple's initiative as much as they possibly can.

They're all the same fundamentally.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    I dunno. I have not looked into it.

I do not know where the SIMOTA stuff is coming from. Maybe Sprint is going down some Qualcomm path and agenda to take sims off in another direction.

But I would not necessarily rule out some other approach to sims than the most common one.

It is a complete non-issue to most Sprint users who just leave the sim that came with the phone in the phone.

The other carriers do not really do anything for the convenience of users switching carriers or phones either. It just happened to work out that way re sims.

Look at how they have all fought e-sim tooth and nail and are going to neuter Apple's initiative as much as they possibly can.

They're all the same fundamentally.
    But yet, Sprint is the only one who chose the difficult path for customers and not the industry standard?

I'm sorry, but even when I worked there.. There were so many idiotic policies (like $0.20/min call forwarding) that just did not make sense. It seems that Sprint just usually chooses the cheapest/least amount of work to implement anything, and it causes issues for the customer.

I cannot personally wait for Sprint to get bought up or just file for the bankruptcy as the management/company is just like an old sick terminal dog that just needs to be put out of it's misery.

Sure, for an "on call" work phone, the $15 is fine.. but I would never pay full price for the usual performance I see out of the network.

Feedback Score
    Now with 12.1.2 voice over let option is available but does not work any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    A640
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dzuchowski71 View Post
    Now with 12.1.2 voice over let option is available but does not work any longer.
    Yes, I can confirm iOS 12.1.2 update broke Sprint VOLTE on iPhones.

Feedback Score

Sprint IPhone 8 Plus VOLTE active with iOS 12.1.1 beta 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ymmy View Post
    Yes my wife has the same issue.
    However the latest beta 12.1.3 beta 2 developers edition has now resolved the issue and I can browse and make calls on lte

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ymmy View Post
    Humm, it's still working fine on my XS Max with Dual SIM (Sprint is the physical SIM)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast