Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Cricket Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals: $100 off iPhones, 50% off Samsung Galaxy S9

Feedback Score
    As an existing customer who wants two of these without activating any new lines, I think I have to two place separate orders. First order would be to add a line to my existing account, get the phone, don't activate and toss the new sim, use with existing sim on existing line and keep the $30 credit. Place second order for second phone as a new account, get phone, don't activate and toss/sell new sim and use with existing sim on existing line but lose the $30 for service.

Am I missing anything?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    Can someone remind me if there is any way to preserve the 30 bucks I spent on a dummy account to get this iPhone 6s by not activating and then somehow getting it transferred to my existing account? I assume no because then they are tipped off that you have no intention of actually porting in a number which is why they gave the 100 bucks off

If that is the case then should I go ahead and activate the new account and then just let it lapse? That way it looks less fishy if they go back later and see that my name is associated with orders that never activate?
    I don't think it matters but if it helps you feel better, go ahead and do it. I plan to do the same but use my dummy accounts for 30 days to use to call random #s, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by McBrundlefly View Post
    Same deal with the one I received yesterday. I haven't looked for the specific manufacture date (maybe it can be decoded by the serial number?), but the date can be guesstimated using which version of iOS is on there. Mine had 11.2.6 which was released February 19 2018.

Edit: I typed the serial # into https://sndeep.info/en and it said week 12 of 2018 (end of march). This was for an iPhone 6s. I also bought a 6s plus at the same time from cricket and that one had iOS 12.0.1 on it, so it hadn't been sitting around very long.
    Thanks for the link! It gave nice info based on serial # (I didn't want to give IMEI). Will keep this around for future use.

Quote Originally Posted by LC66 View Post
    Thanks for your patience. Still somewhat confused. I buy the new phones and set up two new lines using the ported EBAY numbers. New SIMs come with the new phones, I don't install them. I put the old SIMs in the new phones and turn them on/activate. A credit will appear on my account and the lines will drop off. The new phones will have the old phone numbers and be active on the old phone accounts?

Thanks again.
    Did you set up 2 new lines on your family account? If so, yes, if they are truly new and independent, then the $30 spent on each line will not be tied to your family account.

I am grandfathered on 5/$100 so I didn't want to change my family plan and thus set up new lines.

Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    You got it. Just remove the new SIMs that come with the phones and put them in a drawer or throw them away.
    Wonder if the SIMs have any value after 30 days is over. Can they ever be reactivated again?

Feedback Score
    Just ordered iphone 6s for $140.00 Its gonna be a back up, do I have certain amount of time to activate it upon received?

Tia,

Ian B

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Hello everyone, I am sort of new when it comes to these "port in prices", but I have been doing a ton of research. From what I gathered to get the port in price, I can buy a "tmobile prepaid port number" on eBay, and use that info to get the port in price. My question is, what do you put when Cricket asks for the last 4 of your SSN? I heard that 0000 works or the last 4 of the Pin. Also, what if you technically are already a Cricket customer? I was a customer separately several months ago until my entire family merged to the 5 lines $100 family plan (this was months ago as well). So technically it is under my dads account.

That being said, do I just make a new account? We moved so cricket does not have the new address I can put to ship the phone. If anyone can clarify this for me for what I have to do, I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibladuell View Post
    Just ordered iphone 6s for $140.00 Its gonna be a back up, do I have certain amount of time to activate it upon received?

Tia,

Ian B
    Why do you need a backup? I just picked up a 6s today from metro pcs, for $65 cost of one months service and will unlock it for $60 and give to my mom to use on cricket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    Why do you need a backup? I just picked up a 6s today from metro pcs, for $65 cost of one months service and will unlock it for $60 and give to my mom to use on cricket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For my drug deals. Jk. No, did not want to port over my regular number to metropcs to get free phone. I already had a metropcs number from ebay that i bought a while back for the discount.

Ian B

Feedback Score
    first off... THANKS... always great info here.

1 - i got a tmobile number off ebay for 3.95
    2 - i 'added' a line to my account, paid 135 for 6s and 1 month of 2gb
    3 - number shows pending on my account... (needs activation)
    4 - 30 added to the current service credits i had built up
    5 - iphone has shipped

I get that i can just swap the wife's sim card into the new phone on arrival... so looks like 109 for a new 6s!

But is there no problem with never activating ? Can they bill me full price for the device if i never activate?
    I dont mean to ask a question thats been addressed already... i just really like the idea of keeping that 30!

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Iphone 6s delivered today while at work. Will activate once at home, see if it can be unlocked via att.

Ian B

Feedback Score
    Got 6s today, did att unlock request before putting cricket sim card and waiting on response in 48 hrs. Went ahead inserted cricket simcard, one step online activation and phone working like a champ.

Ian B

Feedback Score
    Will the Cricket iPhone 6s models work on the Verizon network after being unlocked ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamx2 View Post
    Will the Cricket iPhone 6s models work on the Verizon network after being unlocked ?
    I am on verizon prepaid now so once i get it unlocked will be able to tell you.

Ian B

Feedback Score
    I am on verizon prepaid now so once i get it unlocked will be able to tell you.

Ian B
    I have heard in the past that 6S will work on Verizon but the 7’s won’t.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    I have heard in the past that 6S will work on Verizon but the 7’s won’t.
    That's correct

Feedback Score
    Got 6s today, did att unlock request before putting cricket sim card and waiting on response in 48 hrs. Went ahead inserted cricket simcard, one step online activation and phone working like a champ.

Ian B
    The request to unlock should be done before activating the phone?
    If the phone gets activated will that cause a problem requesting att unlock ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boherez View Post
    The request to unlock should be done before activating the phone?
    If the phone gets activated will that cause a problem requesting att unlock ?
    I'm pretty sure it needs to be activated first. I had no problem unlocking two iPhones after activate and before the minimum time (one after just 3 weeks on Cricket).

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast