Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Cricket Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals: $100 off iPhones, 50% off Samsung Galaxy S9

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score

Cricket Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals: $100 off iPhones, 50% off Samsung Galaxy S9

Looks like Cricket will be offering the following deals for 2018 Black Friday & Cyber Monday-

Black Friday: From November 19-29, switch to Cricket and get $100 off any iPhone

Cyber Monday: Switch to Cricket November 26-December 20 to get 50% off a Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy A6

Source:

Device(s)
    something free
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Any word if they'll do anything for "upgraders." Looks like if I port something in, I'll lose my grandfathered plan. How about say, 45% off for upgraders ;-)

Feedback Score
    Are there limits on how many phones you can purchase on an account? I seem to recall reading on here that they had started limited orders to one per account in 90 days in order to curb resellers on the refurbed phones.

Feedback Score
    I grabbed a $3 tmobile number off ebay to get the port-in discount. Worked without a hitch. Obviously don't need this extra line. Should I activate that new line when it comes in? or will it just drop of my account after a certain period of time (30 days)?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XBeatzX View Post
    I grabbed a $3 tmobile number off ebay to get the port-in discount. Worked without a hitch. Obviously don't need this extra line. Should I activate that new line when it comes in? or will it just drop of my account after a certain period of time (30 days)?
    It will drop off the account if never activated.

Odd that Cricket still hasn't officially announced any Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals. Last year they announced it on Nov 17th... here we are on the 20th just three days away from BF and nothing, lol.. makes you wonder what they're thinking

Edit: I see Cricket finally added the $100 off any iPhone porting deal to the website..

Good deal on these iPhone models..

iPhone 6s 32GB = $99.99
    iPhone 6s Plus 32GB = $199.99

Promo Ends 12/2/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post

Odd that Cricket still hasn't officially announced any Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals. Last year they announced it on Nov 17th... here we are on the 20th just three days away from BF and nothing, lol.. makes you wonder what they're thinking

Edit: I see Cricket finally added the $100 off any iPhone porting deal to the website..

iPhone 6s 32GB = $99.99

Promo Ends 12/2/18

I upgraded 3 family members (Separate accounts) to 6S's this morning, who are currently using 5S's, figured it was probably the best deal we were going to get. 6S iphone family should be supported for another couple of years im guessing. Total came to $136.47 on each account after phone, tax, and buying one month of service. Port in numbers were $3 each. Everything went without a hitch, just had to use a different credit card for each order for some reason. Overall, very good deal for new iPhone with warranty.

Feedback Score

iPhone 6s 32GB = $99.99

Promo Ends 12/2/18

I’m on the grandfathered 5lines for $100. Don’t want to mess that up but want to take advantage of this promo. Do I still add lines to that account but never activate them or do I need to open new accounts for each new line. Thanks for your help,

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by motoQ9c View Post
    I’m on the grandfathered 5lines for $100. Don’t want to mess that up but want to take advantage of this promo. Do I still add lines to that account but never activate them or do I need to open new accounts for each new line. Thanks for your help,
    Not sure about grandfathered lines. I would think you would be ok as long as it’s not activated and the $30 would still be credited to the account. Not positive though.. hopefully someone with a grandfathered line who has tried this will chime in..

Device(s)
    something free
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Not sure about grandfathered lines. I would think you would be ok as long as it’s not activated and the $30 would still be credited to the account. Not positive though.. hopefully someone with a grandfathered line who has tried this will chime in..
    Yeah, I'd love to know this as well. If I could just port in a phone and not activate it and still keep my account unmolested I'd be set!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowdog View Post
    Yeah, I'd love to know this as well. If I could just port in a phone and not activate it and still keep my account unmolested I'd be set!
    I found the fine print when I logged into my account. It said I loose my discount if any changes to the account are made including adding a line.

So I created 2 new accounts to get two
    Phones at the discounted pricing and will just end up loosing the $30 plan (x2).

Still a good deal on these phones.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    I found the fine print when I logged into my account. It said I loose my discount if any changes to the account are made including adding a line.

Phones at the discounted pricing and will just end up loosing the $30 plan (x2).

Yes, adding any lines and activating the new phone will certainly lose the grandfathered discount. But I’m not sure if Cricket considers a new line once the phone is activated or simply porting a new number without a device.

Device(s)
    something free
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score

Yes, adding any lines and activating the new phone will certainly lose the grandfathered discount. But I’m not sure if Cricket considers a new line once the phone is activated or simply porting a new number without a device.
    OK, say I do this the way motoQ9c suggests and just eat a month or so... if I put this phone on one of my other SIMS will cricket still unlock after 6 months of use, or is that unlocking tied to the original purchase phone number (which means no unlocking *ever* from cricket?)

Finally, does anyone know how hard it is to unbrand Samsung phones ... as in I buy one of these, pay to have it ebay unlocked, then what... can I flash it to a generic unlocked Samsung pretty easily?

Thanks everyone!

Feedback Score
    I grabbed a couple of t-mobile port numbers off of ebay for about $4/each. I then used the numbers to buy a couple of 6s iphones. Total shipped with tax and 1 month of service came out to about $138/each. So, I was able to purchase a couple of iphone 6s for $142/each. The phones will be used as upgrades for my daughter and my MIL who are both on my cricket account. They will be locked to Cricket for 6 months, but that is fine with me as I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.

Feedback Score
    We're on the current 4 for $100 plan. I would like to upgrade my mom's phone with a 6S. Can someone spell out for me what the best way to do this would be?

Would I buy the 6S and one month of service ($135-ish), then swap SIM cards when the new phone arrives, then cancel the new plan?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kilcher2 View Post
    We're on the current 4 for $100 plan. I would like to upgrade my mom's phone with a 6S. Can someone spell out for me what the best way to do this would be?

Would I buy the 6S and one month of service ($135-ish), then swap SIM cards when the new phone arrives, then cancel the new plan?
    I'm curious how to activate as well. Since I want to add them to my grandfathered plan of 5 lines for $100 I guess I need to activiate using the new sim/account and then swap out the sim to my existing lines once it's active?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast