Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: (Supposedly) Starting on 11/18 - all SIM card swaps will cost $15

Device(s)
    Moto G5s Plus, Moto G4 Plus, Moto E5 Plus, Samsung J7 Neo, HTC One
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    The total cost for a frequent switcher is less because T-Mobile Essentials include unlimited switches within the plan price.
    Don't forget all the taxes and fees.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8820 (WiFi/UMA/GPS)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile w/ [email protected]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    Mint Mobile (TMO MVNO) promo: 3 months of their 5 GB plan for $20.

...and no $15 bullsh*t SIM change fee.

https://www.mintmobile.com/plans/?cl...zsnTE0&irgwc=1
    That'll get you around this BS charge, but you're still supporting T-Mobile through an Mvno who uses them. Tmo owns Metro directly & just uses them as an offshoot for their prepaid division, and ultimately calls the shots & are responsible for this fee.

Meaning using someone like Mint is better than giving your money/subscription directly to Metro, but you're still supporting the company behind it.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    That'll get you around this BS charge, but you're still supporting T-Mobile through an Mvno who uses them. Tmo owns Metro directly & just uses them as an offshoot for their prepaid division, and ultimately calls the shots & are responsible for this fee.

Meaning using someone like Mint is better than giving your money/subscription directly to Metro, but you're still supporting the company behind it.
    I hear you. It’s just another (albeit with limited data) option for those that want/need the TMO network and want the ability to freely switch devices.

Feedback Score

Accurate, But I still have some brand loyalty to Metro / T-Mobile. I find this swap fee to be insulting in a way that adheres more transactionally than just the cash.

I didn't [yet ?] grab a Mint line, but I could roughly spin the change as, "I'm going with the side of the company that didn't insult me."

Feedback Score

Though its a metro thing not tmo. Unless tmobile comes down with the do not do that. I kinda want to check out simplemobile. Is there any other ones that offer unlimited data with volte, vvm and wifi calling?

Feedback Score
    Legere tell us about alleviating pain points again you POS.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 03.13.19

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    These are quotes from some of the last few replies:

Quote:
    Accurate, But I still have some brand loyalty to Metro / T-Mobile. I find this swap fee to be insulting in a way that adheres more transactionally than just the cash. love Metro. I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon. But, I'm very disappointed in their poor decisions on this topic. The AndroidPolice article is the first example of the bad press. It's just going to continue, and THAT will hurt Metro in the long term. Talk all you want about the $15 fee helping the stores or keeping away undesirable customers... in the long term they are harming their brand. A brand that now sports the Tmo name front and center.

Personally i have very little loyalty, and imo carriers have virtually no loyalty or rejec respect for their customers, especially pre paids. It's basically we pay and they provide 30 days service. This $15 charge illustrates this Better than anything else i can think of.

Quote from real danny:

Accurate, But I still have some brand loyalty to Metro / T-Mobile. I find this swap fee to be insulting in a way that adheres more transactionally than just the cash.he whole industry is jealous of you and your 4 lines for $100 pricing and free Amazon Prime for the single lines. You guys got it good even with the occasional $15 fee.

To me this is probably the most logical and quickest assessment of this fee thing. We all have different swapping habits/needs/want-to's and what I need and others need are not really up to who ever. I've not had the need to swap sims since June, and i suspect i will need to swap less than 4-5 times/year at most, equals $75. For now I've got a $25 family rate,and over a year ,I'll come out ahead by staying put, as every member of the family plan burns a lot of mobile data. I'm simply looking at the numbers. However,as I've mentioned a thousand times,I'm more annoyed by occurrences like today, when i needed to use data on my 2nd phone(the metro),no signal in a city limits with on and off good to no coverage, while in sight of three freekn cell towers,none apparently used by metro.

These replies are some of the most reasoned on this subject.
    Last edited by plane; 12-05-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Android authority article about the $15 SIM swap charge....

https://www.androidauthority.com/met...ne-fee-931282/

Prepaid Phone News article...

https://www.prepaidphonenews.com/201...start.html?m=1

Discussion on Slickdeals....

https://slickdeals.net/f/12353710-me...w-phone-15-tax

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by cellphone-guy; 12-06-2018 at 04:09 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    This thread is imo, a classic, one of the most intense and interesting for many,many reasons,opinions, etc,etc. Just hope the idiocy thing is either totally gone. I really enjoyed and appreciated the many points of view. Maybe we even did some good.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My friend has Metro, broke his phone (screen got shattered) and wanted to put the SIM card into another phone.

He called into Metro to do the device change, they wanted $15. The CSR suggested he try the automated system for free. After he figured out how to dial *#06# to get the IMEI, he successfully changed the device via the automated system for free.

At least the automated system is free.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    My friend has Metro, broke his phone (screen got shattered) and wanted to put the SIM card into another phone.

He called into Metro to do the device change, they wanted $15. The CSR suggested he try the automated system for free. After he figured out how to dial *#06# to get the IMEI, he successfully changed the device via the automated system for free.

At least the automated system is free.
    Good news.Thanks

Feedback Score
    Last month I had my my sim swaped to another phone for no charge...my Galaxy 5 stopped working and purchased another on E-bay and called Metro the CS person went and changed phones for me and there was no charge.

Carrier(s)
    Metro by T-Mobile, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Yesterday I tried using the automated system to change to an unlocked V20, but it transferred me to a rep without me asking it to. The rep told me there was a $15 charge for her to change phones for me, but when I told her I had been trying to use the automated system, she waived the fee. She did ask what was the matter with my other phone; I told her "Nothing, I just wanted to see how this one works on Metro." Apparently that answer was good enough

Sent from my LG-US996 using HoFo mobile app

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18