Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: (Supposedly) Starting on 11/18 - all SIM card swaps will cost $15

Carrier(s)
    Metro by T-Mobile, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1918 View Post
    Yes there will be a fee every time no matter what method you use, which is a good thing for dealers because people would say I will call and they will do it for free, WELL NOT ANYMORE. if your complaining about a $15 fee maybe you need to go to another company where they will charge you more for everything and stop complaining, how often do you need to switch devices anyways?
    You may say good for the dealers, but customers are only looking for the best deal for themselves. If a company stops being customer-friendly, as this move seems, people WILL go elsewhere. In droves. And the minute a company or its representatives forget they only exist due to customers, they are on their way down the drain.

I'm a 20 year Customer Service Manager, and if my company started instituting BS fees like this, I'd be appalled. Also, I'm very glad the dealer I utilize for my phone service has a better attitude toward customers than you. This is the kind of attitude that gives Metro dealer stores their bad reputation.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aml1025 View Post
    You may say good for the dealers, but customers are only looking for the best deal for themselves. If a company stops being customer-friendly, as this move seems, people WILL go elsewhere. In droves. And the minute a company or its representatives forget they only exist due to customers, they are on their way down the drain.

I'm a 20 year Customer Service Manager, and if my company started instituting BS fees like this, I'd be appalled. Also, I'm very glad the dealer I utilize for my phone service has a better attitude toward customers than you. This is the kind of attitude that gives Metro dealer stores their bad reputation.

Exactly! In so many ways. And as zapjb mentioned above, a smaller, more realistic charge while still disturbing, would be much more palatable, but $15 for nothing is like saying screw you, and Ryan may not realize just how right he is. Imo, Tm et al, has matured from the U network to the F U network, suddenly from first in many categories to worst.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Is this fee only when you call in or would it also trigger with putting an active sim in another phone?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aml1025 View Post

A classic case of “penny wise and dollar foolish” which causes current customers to leave and dissuades new customers from joining.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora415 View Post
    Accidentally makes sense.

I switched a SIM card to a different phone today, to do it ahead of the new charge. Thanks OP, for the heads up!!
    You’re welcome.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    Really hope this is right, called cs about the same automated system and was told $15 either way, but i was speaking a foreign language to the rep.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Really hope this is right, called cs about the same automated system and was told $15 either way, but i was speaking a foreign language to the rep.
    If it’s right, it’s a partial win.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Scroll down about half way, one poster is claiming the $15 fee is also charged even when using the automated system:

https://old.reddit.com/r/NoContract/..._device_swaps/

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There's no way to sugar coat this fee. If this is true and a person is charged $15 if they want to swap a SIM to another phone.... then it's pure greed and not good for customers.

Metro has always had the worst SIM swap procedure, and now they've made it even worse. For potential new customers who like the freedom to try new phones on their service.... it looks like Cricket or other such carrier would be a better choice.

Bad move Metro.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I bet this fee was planned years ago when Metro put in the original call in SIM swap.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Yes there will be a fee every time no matter what method you use, which is a good thing for dealers because people would say I will call and they will do it for free, WELL NOT ANYMORE. if your complaining about a $15 fee maybe you need to go to another company where they will charge you more for everything and stop complaining, how often do you need to switch devices anyways?
    I’m going to switch devices twice over the next few weeks when I send my iPhone Out for a battery service. It would be different if swapping a sim was some special feature only native to Metro Pcs. Sim swapping is pretty much an industry standard but metro is charging for it. This is crap on several levels.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    ...and why do you care what phone someone is using? People break/repair phones and don’t want that experience compounded by having to pay an extra fee. Why does a consumer changing phones bother you so much?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    You know After further thought,this is way beyond one of the most stupid moves in this current time. Even red pocket and us mobile ain't this chincy.

They're not running me off yet,but they're really trying.

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The sad thing is, some people like to play around with phones. They get their hands on used headsets, get a good deal on eBay, etc. It's sometimes fun to try out a new device to see if you like it. That's easy to do on Cricket and even Tmo PrePaid. Why Metro thinks they're special is beyond me. Honestly, it's OBVIOUSLY just a way for Metro to make more money charging customers a fee for something that nobody else charges for. It's an INSULT to customers and will only hurt their business and profits in the long term.

What happened to you Metro? Why such unfriendly new policies?

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast