Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will Band 14 really change the footprint of AT&T Coverage?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Not sure how close it is to you but I remember being in Boone and not being able to use att while with tmobile was able to make a call. It was a weak signal but the call went through fine which was surprising
    That’s surprising, I travel to Boone pretty often in the fall and have never had a problem. I usually start my trip in Boone and stop at all the points along the route to Asheville. Grandfather mountain, Mt. Mitchell, Little Switzerland, Linville Falls, Blowing Rock, etc. Verizon and AT&T seem evenly matched along the parkway some spots are good some aren’t. Last time I carried a T-Mobile phone they were good till you got far along the parkway. I remember getting a weak signal back around little Switzerland.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It can. In my case I’m 16 miles away from the closest site which is a 450FT guyed tower. Before they added B14, I had no service. Now I get -127 RSRP on B14 and B12 is an unusable -135 for RSRP..

Not sure if it’s HPUE on the iPhone XS or a better cell site antenna, but there’s some substantial difference.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    While they could be planning new towers in previous dead spots those types of projects are not only cost way more but they're much more time consuming. If they add on existing towers that saves them a good deal of cost but it can still take a months to a year or more depending on where they are to get approvals even if they use the "this is public safety" argument which, to be honest, nobody really cares about. If they're making a new tower the lead time is much much longer as there is more engineering and planning/zoning to go through. The upgrades they are doing to existing sites is a much more efficient way to make the buildout milestones in the short term but, yes, it's not doing anything to increase coverage.
    I’m sure Verizon could have some site there to co locate on if necessary.. which could cut that time in half.. but I’m not familiar with the area.. if we go by Verizon geographical LTE footprint it would seem AT&T should have a lot of towers that they could co locate on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    AT&T building a tower in rural northern Wisconsin for the FirstNet initiative:

https://www.fox21online.com/2019/06/...s-reservation/

Sent from my iPhone Xs using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2