Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Firstnet Apple Watch Pricing (Commercial Core)

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ok that's wild!
    AT&T insists that a new account cannot be opened with only a wearable device???

You did this in a store?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RazMonster View Post
    ok that's wild!
    AT&T insists that a new account cannot be opened with only a wearable device???

You did this in a store?
    Yes I did. I even have two separate bills one from firstnet and the other from AT&T for the watch now.
    1,000 posts 2:52 p.m March 11th, 2007
    2,000 posts 8:24 a.m February 24th, 2008

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Here is a copy of the bill with just the wearable. Name:  fullsizeoutput_1384.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  43.2 KB

Feedback Score
    Anyone else been able to achieve this? I have accumulated several hours of being on the phone with tech support trying different methods of getting the number sync to work in order to set up cellular. I have my first net account for my iPhone, and a new separate AT&T account for my series 4.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    I'm all but certain that they're using the Unlimited Single Line bolt-on plan codes, no different than the people that got $20 unlimited tablets in an unsupported manner.

I think the FirstNet people may have a help desk where they can do things that some ordinary reps and mainline support aren't supposed to / won't do.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Feedback Score
    If you have to stay with a commercial Sim on FirstNet to use an Apple Watch, I am not even sure what the point is of going to FirstNet at all? You’re never going to get FirstNet core access or band 14. It would be just cheaper to have an AT&T commercial account sharing data on an iPhone and Apple Watch.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    If you have to stay with a commercial Sim on FirstNet to use an Apple Watch, I am not even sure what the point is of going to FirstNet at all? You’re never going to get FirstNet core access or band 14. It would be just cheaper to have an AT&T commercial account sharing data on an iPhone and Apple Watch.
    For starters a FN individual plan is $45 vs $80
    also, i think that commercial sims are able to access band 14 in times of congestion it just doesn't default to it first the way FN Sims do?

also you don't have to worry about throttling for data or hotspot (save for doing it more than 3 months in a row)

Feedback Score
    also, i think that commercial sims are able to access band 14 in times of congestion it just doesn't default to it first the way FN Sims do?

also you don't have to worry about throttling for data or hotspot (save for doing it more than 3 months in a row)
    I have a pretty decent AT&T legacy plan with a high Data limit 20 GB. So it actually worked out to be cheaper for me to keep a personal iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, and hotspot on the commercial plan and to just get a stand alone FirstNet plan with just the phone. I use Google voice linked to both accounts so both my Firstnet and AT&T phones ring as well as my Apple Watch. If you think about it, it’s probably better to keep your work phone and personal phone separate. We’ve had some horror stories where phone records were subpoenaed and because they used their personal phones at work, they had to turn over all their embarrassing text messages and pictures along with the work related data.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    All AT&T SIMs can access Band 14. FirstNet Priority and FirstNet Consumer lines can get dedicated access to Band 14 during a FirstNet-declared emergency.

However, that is optional. In general, even in an emergency, consumer SIMs will get access to Band 14, just at a lower priority.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I need help

I opened up a new wearable line with ATT and number sync doesn't work with FirstNet.
    Two or three reps I've spoken to say they have information in print saying FirstNet is not compatible with number sync....what gives? I'm about to cancel this wearable plan if that is the case

Feedback Score
    I need help I opened up a new wearable line with ATT and number sync doesn't work with FirstNet. Two or three reps I've spoken to say they have information in print saying FirstNet is not compatible with number sync....what gives? I'm about to cancel this wearable plan if that is the case
    see this here - https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comment...es_numbersync/

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    thank you! all cleared up now

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Having recently converted to Firstnet, and with an Apple watch, here is how things stand right now:

-The attached phone must be with an orange sim. If its a black sim, no go yet... They are saying by fall black sims will work.

-The MRC for the watch is $25

-The watch must be agency paid; they can't do this for employee-paid accounts yet.

-The watch must be added to the account manually, and then activated from the iPhone. You can't add the watch from the phone directly until it shows that there is an additional watch plan available to use.

I did all of the above, and yes, my watch is now working and is billed on the same bill as everything else. I'll switch to the black SIM once it's supported... The bigger issue is for employees who's agencies won't pay for the watch plan. I did ask about that, they also said "by the fall"; luckily I fall into the category where everything is covered, so zero issues here.

That said, there is a LOT of mis-information about if the watch is even supported on Firstnet or not - - yes, it is... With the restrictions noted above.

N

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    the key is you must be agency paid. to me that doesn't make any sense it seems like it would be simple provisioning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2