Thread: Tmo prepaid offering a $50 promo

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Tmo prepaid offering a $50 promo

https://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1910586

Looks like you can get unlimited 3G hotspot with this offer. $50 unlimited LTE with unlimited 3G hotspot. Also the deprioritization threshold is 50GB instead of the 35GB on Metro.

If you usually decide to go with Metro, basically this should be considered a prepaid option.

If you want to experience a 3G hotspot before committing, you can go into your current phone settings and select 3G only. It will force your connection to 3G and you can give it a test. For most purposes 3G functions quite good. Instead of having a limited 4G hotspot on Metro that drops to 2G... the Tmo prepaid option offers unlimited 3G.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Cons of this vs metro

-no google one (100gb)
    -while unlimited tethering its capped at 512kbps vs full speed on 5gb of metro

Pros vs metro

-dont need to call tmobile to swap sims in phones
    -50gb depri threshold
    -higher priority for calls and data
    -unlimited hotspot

Id swap if they did a 2 for 80 deal like metro. Both have 480p video.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1910586

Looks like you can get unlimited 3G hotspot with this offer. $50 unlimited LTE with unlimited 3G hotspot. Also the deprioritization threshold is 50GB instead of the 35GB on Metro.

If you usually decide to go with Metro, basically this should be considered a prepaid option.

If you want to experience a 3G hotspot before committing, you can go into your current phone settings and select 3G only. It will force your connection to 3G and you can give it a test. For most purposes 3G functions quite good. Instead of having a limited 4G hotspot on Metro that drops to 2G... the Tmo prepaid option offers unlimited 3G.

They've been offering this since late August, dont know why its being promoted as a new plan the past couple days. Also you have to sign up using the new rebellion system which has all kinds of bugs, so buyer beware.

Feedback Score
    Most carrier branded phones will not allow you to manually change 2g 3g LTE, from my experience anyway.

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoOnion View Post
    Cons of this vs metro

-no google one (100gb)
    -while unlimited tethering its capped at 512kbps vs full speed on 5gb of metro

Pros vs metro

-dont need to call tmobile to swap sims in phones
    -50gb depri threshold
    -higher priority for calls and data
    -unlimited hotspot

Id swap if they did a 2 for 80 deal like metro. Both have 480p video.
    Don't know why but I can watch YouTube on 720p just fine.

Sent from my moto e5 plus on MetroPCS using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The only thing that sux about T-Mo Prepaid is their customer service. It's pretty bad.

But if you are savvy and can manage life without them this is a great deal.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    We're reduced to mentioning a Tm promotion rather than of for metro. What's going on, currently, cricket,who arguably is metro's biggest competitor is and has offered 4/$100 while the closest thing metro has is 4/$130 and an unbiased observer might argue crickethas superior coverage.

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Most carrier branded phones will not allow you to manually change 2g 3g LTE, from my experience anyway.

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app
    Perhaps you're right. I know most phones have a secret menu (that you can find how to access via a web search) that usually has a "Force 3G" or similar option (to turn off LTE or 4G). I've done it before, but it's been a while. Perhaps that kind of thing isn't around anymore?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    We're reduced to mentioning a Tm promotion rather than of for metro. What's going on, currently, cricket,who arguably is metro's biggest competitor is and has offered 4/$100 while the closest thing metro has is 4/$130 and an unbiased observer might argue crickethas superior coverage.
    Biggest issue with them is they don’t support volte WIFI calling and vvm on as many devices as TMobile/metro