Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: T-Mobile Prepaid Introduces Limited Time Unlimited LTE Data Plan Offer

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    171
    Feedback Score
    0
    You can call customer service to get the $40 & $50 unlimited data plans

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    158
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    They've been offering this since late August, dont know why its being promoted as a new plan the past couple days. Also you have to sign up using the new rebellion system which has all kinds of bugs, so buyer beware.
    Agreed! I went into a store and the staff seemed a bit confused and then proceeded to confuse me about the new offerings. When the free phone offering got in the mix it was unintelligible.

    They ended up loading the new credit into my existing account that still had credit. Unfortunately I didn't get the new pricing, but they just added some additional (free) credit into my account that basically gives me the new rates. Hopefully the pricing sticks around, or I could start a new account with the new rates.

    One of the challenges of the new rates is the credit in your existing account cannot be applied to the new rates. It is like starting over with a new account.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0
    Most customer reps in T-mobile stores are not aware of the promotions you have to force them to go the the prepaid website and educate themselves. You the customer pay them $55 for two months of unlimited service on a NEW line at $110 + taxes on the T-mobile One domestic promotion plan and then you receive a choice of 3 smartphones for free. If you try to add $100 to a plan you already have with T-mobile prepaid to receive a free smartphone the customer rep needs to be trained on how to do that but it can be done

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    158
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thiagosantiro View Post
    Most customer reps in T-mobile stores are not aware of the promotions you have to force them to go the the prepaid website and educate themselves. You the customer pay them $55 for two months of unlimited service on a NEW line at $110 + taxes on the T-mobile One domestic promotion plan and then you receive a choice of 3 smartphones for free. If you try to add $100 to a plan you already have with T-mobile prepaid to receive a free smartphone the customer rep needs to be trained on how to do that but it can be done
    Now you're confusing me. I thought it was $50 per month for the unlimited plan? Where did $55 come from?

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by batcave View Post
    Now you're confusing me. I thought it was $50 per month for the unlimited plan? Where did $55 come from?
    T-mobile reps do not ask for $50 per month they ask for $55 to partially cover taxes and fees. Your total cost for the promotion will be $110+ depending on your location. There is no autopay credit with prepaid T-Mobile

    Sent from my LM-X212(G) using HoFo mobile app

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    158
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thiagosantiro View Post
    T-mobile reps do not ask for $50 per month they ask for $55 to partially cover taxes and fees. Your total cost for the promotion will be $110+ depending on your location. There is no autopay credit with prepaid T-Mobile

    Sent from my LM-X212(G) using HoFo mobile app
    Sure. You could have said $50 plus tax.

    Sent from my SM-T830 using HoFo mobile app

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by batcave View Post
    Sure. You could have said $50 plus tax.

    Sent from my SM-T830 using HoFo mobile app
    I can quote $50 plus tax but the T-Mobile reps that you have to deal with at the stores are trained to include taxes and fees on all plans so they will not say $50 they will tell you it is $110+

    Sent from my LM-X212(G) using HoFo mobile app

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    158
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thiagosantiro View Post
    I can quote $50 plus tax but the T-Mobile reps that you have to deal with at the stores are trained to include taxes and fees on all plans so they will not say $50 they will tell you it is $110+

    Sent from my LM-X212(G) using HoFo mobile app
    T-mobile only wants $50. The government wants the rest. The website states $50. Taxes and fees are extra are in the five print.

    Sent from my SM-T830 using HoFo mobile app

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    If you need to download large files on hotspot most other unlimited plans throttle to 128 kbps after using up your LTE.

    An example of a large file is the fortnite game that is over 12 GB. You have to download this file from an installer on Windows using hotspot.

    If you could download all files on android and then transfer to Windows you would not need hotspot but a lot of downloads use installers on Windows so you need hotspot to download directly from windows.

    Here is an example of download time.

    4 GB at 128 kbps = 74:33:55 hours
    4 GB at 512 kbps = 18:38:28 hours

    This is why I would prefer hotspot that is unlimited 3G to 4G throttled to 2G if I had a choice.
    I have this tmobile plan with unlimited hotspot at 512kbps download speeds and have run speed tests on many different devices the hotspot is connected to including ipads, tablets, smartphones, Chromecast, roku, Amazon fire, laptops, desktops and in several months of running speed tests have not had any speeds close to 512kbps. Hotspot speeds range from 0.06 to 420kbps with most of the hotspot around 180 to 270 kbps.

    Sent from my LM-X212(G) using HoFo mobile app

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    742
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thiagosantiro View Post
    I have this tmobile plan with unlimited hotspot at 512kbps download speeds and have run speed tests on many different devices the hotspot is connected to including ipads, tablets, smartphones, Chromecast, roku, Amazon fire, laptops, desktops and in several months of running speed tests have not had any speeds close to 512kbps. Hotspot speeds range from 0.06 to 420kbps with most of the hotspot around 180 to 270 kbps.
    Speeds can vary for many reasons even if getting full LTE. For example, on boost mobile I get 250 kbps in the day and 4 mbps at night. When boost mobile throttles I almost always get the full 128 kbps.

    That one article said to expect speeds around 512 kbps so I think they are throttling LTE to that speed.

    Did you check if you are getting LTE or are you getting 3G or 2G on the phone?

    What speed are you getting on the phone because that is suppose to be full LTE?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-06-2017, 11:02 PM
  2. WTB Unlimited LTE data plan of AT&T
    By pfwarrior in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2013, 01:57 AM
  3. Verizon $29.99 unlimited LTE data plan
    By Cozmo85 in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 11:55 AM
  4. VZW Unlimited LTE data plan
    By coldbud in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2013, 12:11 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 09:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks