Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Verizon revamps Prepaid plan lineup: Carryover Data is gone for new subscribers

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    Thanks for confirming that you are able to combine the old plan with a line with the new double data plan!!
    I should clarify I was wrong about balance expiration on the new plans and ernie617 and husavik were correct. There really is no balance expiration on the new plans unless your plan doesn't renew after your monthly expiration date for a period of 60 days. On the 61st day after plan expiration I believe you'll lose your number and any account balance you might have had.

The old plans still have the same balance expiration based on when you made a single payment/refill to your account and the $ amount. So the new plans are vastly superior as far as balance expiration goes compared to the old plans.

Because of this, I think I'll let my old $40 double data plan lapse and just continue on with my new $50 double data plan. I'll be giving up carryover data but for an extra $5/month (with autopay) I'll get over double the data (16GB vs 6GB) and won't have to worry about balance expiration.

I've been regularly testing the hotspot feature on the new plan and I've gotten full LTE speeds every time.
    Last edited by taoman; 11-17-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Device(s)
    LG G3/G2/XCharge, Moto E4/E2/G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    I have the $40 plan with double-data and rollover. I went to switch devices today (keeping the same SIM), and the automated system stated that I would have to change my plan. I had done this same change previously without incident.

I did not want to change, so I cancelled the switch. I will still use the SIM in the new device, even if it is not "officially" registered on my account.

I agree with taoman about $5 more for much more data, but I am leaving Verizon Prepaid soon, anyway (have other Verizon MVNOs).

Feedback Score
    My friend wants to start up with vzw prepaid.
    Should he get the standard new plans or try and buy a prefunded double data plan on ebay?
    He would get 3 lines and doesn't need unlimited.
    8gb each would be enough.
    Any idea of cost comparison ...?

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boherez View Post
    My friend wants to start up with vzw prepaid.
    Should he get the standard new plans or try and buy a prefunded double data plan on ebay?
    He would get 3 lines and doesn't need unlimited.
    8gb each would be enough.
    Any idea of cost comparison ...?
    If your friend is activating 3 new lines of course he should buy the double data SIM cards. He'd get twice the data for less than half the price ........especially if he buys them tomorrow using the eBay app for the additional 15% discount. The double data SIM cards are the standard plans......just with the double data bonus.

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/1121/70319.html

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...acat=0&_sop=15

Feedback Score
    Thanks! How are they the standard plans if the data amounts are not the same? Meaning current plans are 500mb 3gb 8gb unl.

As I'm typing I see I was looking at an old image where seller wrote 14gb or 20gb.
    Now i see!

Standard price would be 105 after autopay 8gb plan. What would double data be, as it seems he wouldn't get autopay discount?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    If your friend is activating 3 new lines of course he should buy the double data SIM cards. He'd get twice the data for less than half the price ........especially if he buys them tomorrow using the eBay app for the additional 15% discount. The double data SIM cards are the standard plans......just with the double data bonus.

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/1121/70319.html

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...acat=0&_sop=15
    Sorry as I just want to clarify this.

No.matter if he does double data or not he can buy the refills on Ebay for close to half off. Is that what you meant by him being able to pay half the amount for almost double data?
    Unless you mean just the 1st month of service? He plans on sticking with it for a while.
    Thanks again

Feedback Score
    I am currently on the 7gb double data promotion $50 plan with carry over. If I switch to the new $50 plan that has 8gb instead of 7gb like mine, do I lose the double data and the carry over??

Thanks,

Ian B

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boherez View Post
    Unless you mean just the 1st month of service?
    Yes, I just meant the first month of service. But you also get double data "for life." And yes, you can just keep buying heavily discounted $40 refill cards off eBay to fund the account but also still get the $5 autopay discount.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibladuell View Post
    I am currently on the 7gb double data promotion $50 plan with carry over. If I switch to the new $50 plan that has 8gb instead of 7gb like mine, do I lose the double data and the carry over??
    You would definitely lose carryover data and I'm pretty sure you would lose the double data also since you're changing plans. But you could buy a new $50 double data SIM card off eBay (which is what I did). However, it would be a new activation with a new number. I use Google Voice so I don't care about changing my underlying carrier number.
    You could add a new double data $50 line to your account. You should be able to transfer/port your current number to your new line and then let the old line lapse.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    You would definitely lose carryover data and I'm pretty sure you would lose the double data also since you're changing plans. But you could buy a new $50 double data SIM card off eBay (which is what I did). However, it would be a new activation with a new number. I use Google Voice so I don't care about changing my underlying carrier number.
    You could add a new double data $50 line to your account. You should be able to transfer/port your current number to your new line and then let the old line lapse.
    thx for info.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5