Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Verizon revamps Prepaid plan lineup: Carryover Data is gone for new subscribers

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    This is sweet. So on top of getting 30% off the refill pins, now my unlimited price will drop by $10?

Is this automatic or do I need to specifically change my old unlimited prepaid plan to the new unlimited prepaid plan?

Fortunately I rarely used the hotspot feature. So removing that feature should not affect me.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I just checked my account. I see I would need to specifically switch to the new plan. But it seems like autopay means they pull the money from a credit card instead of my balance.

Will auto pay still pull from my running balance of refill pins?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Well this sounds like good news. At least if the info the chat agent gave me is correct. I can setup autopay and they will pull from my balance before charging my card. So supposedly I would still be able to get the autopay discount, while still using the refill pins.

Although I do see that with the new plans, your balance will expire in 60 days from when you last added funds. Which I guess works out better for the small amounts. But not for amounts of $30 or higher. Which used to be 90 days or more before expiration.

So for a 13% savings from the $75 a month I was paying. Before the up to 30% savings from the refill pins are factored in? It sounds like a good deal for me to switch to the new unlimited plan. I will just need to make sure I add more refill pins to my account every eight weeks or so. Since I have been keeping a balance of over $400 on my account.
    Last edited by aaronwt; 11-07-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    Although I do see that with the new plans, your balance will expire in 60 days from when you last added funds.
    I missed that. Where are you seeing that?

Never mind. Found it.

I signed up for my prepaid plan AFTER 11/6/18

As long as you renew your plan within 60 days of the expiration date, your account will stay active and your payments won't expire.

If you don't renew your plan, your account will be deactivated on the 61st day after your plan's expiration date. At that point, any funds in your account will expire, and you'll lose your phone number.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I just switched to the new plan. And enabled auto pay. So now unlimited will only cost me $65 a month. And actually much less with the discounted refill pins.

Feedback Score
    So my other question is that if I were to get a double data SIM card would I lose the carryover data?

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    So my other question is that if I were to get a double data SIM card would I lose the carryover data?
    Any/all new activations beginning 11-6-18 will not have carryover data.

The double data SIM cards require activation of a new line/number so there is no carryover data to lose.

Only grandfathered accounts that currently have the carryover data as a plan feature will have it and only if they keep their current plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    So you and the other guy avoid paying 911 fees that everyone has to pay? I bet you expect 911 to come help you if you need it though.
    Sorry. Those 911 fees are directly charged to and paid for by the carriers. They will then pass those fees onto the customers because we're too gullible and we sit back and pay whatever fees they tack on our bills.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    Any/all new activations beginning 11-6-18 will not have carryover data.

The double data SIM cards require activation of a new line/number so there is no carryover data to lose.
    When you say no carryover data to lose as in you could still get it? Just checking

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Sorry. Those 911 fees are directly charged to and paid for by the carriers. They will then pass those fees onto the customers because we're too gullible and we sit back and pay whatever fees they tack on our bills.
    And so why should customer get charged those 911 fees? You local Wal-Mart pays sales tax to the state I guess using you logic they should eat that tax too? entitled much? Let me guess born after 1985?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    And so why should customer get charged those 911 fees? You local Wal-Mart pays sales tax to the state I guess using you logic they should eat that tax too? entitled much? Let me guess born after 1985?
    I guess you hate Cricket....who doesn't "charge" fees or taxes.

Or all of Europe who charges VAT tax, but if you buy something for 1 euro, you get charged 1 euro.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, Moto X4, Moto G6, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I know. It’s like “free shipping” people think they get. Nothing is free. You pay for it when you buy the product so the people who think that they are not paying taxes is just laugh out loud funny.
    Pixel 2, Moto X4 & Moto G6 on Google Fi
    iPhone 6S on Verizon Prepaid

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by husavik View Post
    I guess you hate Cricket....who doesn't "charge" fees or taxes.

Or all of Europe who charges VAT tax, but if you buy something for 1 euro, you get charged 1 euro.
    Same stuff in the EU is more expensive than the US too. Anyway our off topic this is about the new prepaid offering. And taxes/fees are extra either deal with it or find another carrier. Nuff said on that topic.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s, Ipad Mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    So why get this "unlimited" over att prepaid unlimited for $45?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    So why get this "unlimited" over att prepaid unlimited for $45?
    Coverage. AT&T prepaid doesn’t have Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE. Cricket does have those features and has an unlimited full speed plan. Mobile hotspot is a $10 add on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast