Thread: Xplore Mobile's website is live! (Manitoba)

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Xplore Mobile's website is live! (Manitoba)

https://www.xploremobile.ca/

The starter plan isn't bad but 5GB and up is simply just meh, Koodo's $45 8GB plan with no-tab is a definite better value. It appears that you may be getting charged $5/100MB if you use your data outside Manitoba, and no roaming in Saskatchewan for a while

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 7.11.36 PM.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  43.4 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 7.29.08 PM.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  45.7 KB
    Man gets hit by Brick Phone! Ouch!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Looks like Rogers old coverage map before the EXT network became a thing.

I have a hard time understanding why anyone would voluntarily sign up with this service. Xplornet is absolute garbage.

They bought NetSet Communications and I kid you not within a month our internet service went down the toilet. I find it odd that I can run a speedtest and it shows I'm getting my 15 mbps down yet I can't stream a movie on my Apple TV without it buffering constantly and I highly doubt Apple doesn't have the bandwidth to deliver the movie... Haha

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jcalder View Post

I have a hard time understanding why anyone would voluntarily sign up with this service. Xplornet is absolute garbage.

They bought NetSet Communications and I kid you not within a month our internet service went down the toilet. I find it odd that I can run a speedtest and it shows I'm getting my 15 mbps down yet I can't stream a movie on my Apple TV without it buffering constantly and I highly doubt Apple doesn't have the bandwidth to deliver the movie... Haha
    Well 20,000 of them are being voluntold that their contract is being moved to Xplore Mobile, mostly Virgin Mobile customers it seems. The only plan that looks anywhere near decent is the base plan, everything else is expensive for being a supposedly low cost carrier

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Galaxy S9, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Koodo, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans_Moleman View Post
    https://www.xploremobile.ca/

The starter plan isn't bad but 5GB and up is simply just meh, Koodo's $45 8GB plan with no-tab is a definite better value.
    Koodo hasn't offered the $45 8GB plan on their website for MB since June/July. After that time, it went back to their old $48 5GB plan.

So Xplore Mobile's $45 5GB plan is a little cheaper and with 100% unused rollover data (but roaming outside of MB).

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using HoFo mobile app
    TELUS: Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Text and 15 GB Data
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Text and 8 GB Data
    chatr: $60 Unlimited In-zone Talk, Text and Data (20 GB at 3G speed)

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    The way I read that though is their "rollover data" is only from the prior month, it doesn't endlessly accumulate.

So if you have the 5 GB plan and use 2 GB the next month you have 8. But that's where it gets fuzzy. The next month if you only use 2 again do you roll over 6 or 5 or 1?

In any case it's Xplornet so everything but the speedtest site will be throttled and their support will be terrible. Haha.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Galaxy S9, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Koodo, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    With Xplore Mobile, you can keep 100% of your unused data. If you don’t use it this month, it rolls over to the next and you’ll use it before the current month’s data kicks in.
    So in your example, you lose the 1 GB of carryover data you didn't use, but all 5 GB of your plan data you didn't use for the month will be rollover data for the next month and used first.

Sent from my SM-G960W using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jcalder View Post

They were throttling certain traffic. Here TPIAs on Videotron have started throttling certain traffic.

I was using streaming services and everything was fine then 6 months later the streaming services started to buffer/freeze and became completely unwatchable. Yet my download/upload was fine. At first I thought it was my hardware then I thought it was the service until I used my cell phone data and the streaming service worked flawlessly. This happened on 2 different TPIAs at the same time. Once I contacted the TPIAs and explained my findings, the very next day no more buffering.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Excuse my ignorance but what's a TPIA? Googled it and came up with Third Party Internet Access.

Who should I be contacting then to get this resolved if it's not my ISP?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    Koodo hasn't offered the $45 8GB plan on their website for MB since June/July. After that time, it went back to their old $48 5GB plan.

So Xplore Mobile's $45 5GB plan is a little cheaper and with 100% unused rollover data (but roaming outside of MB).

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using HoFo mobile app
    On their website? No. They're still offering it though, but just not advertising it because they'd rather people be on the $48 plan. On a tab, the $48 5GB plan ends up being cheaper than $45, while the $45 is only really worth it if you're bringing your own phone (or need the extra 3GB of data)

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Public, Freedom
    Feedback Score
    I'd speculate many of Koodo plans are not listed on website because people in other provinces try to sign up for them

Same thing with region specific plans (eg Thunder Bay)
    Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $9 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $20 per Month
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming