Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: Oneplus 6t

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,020
    Feedback Score
    0

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whozit51 View Post
    The 6T does NOT work on TracFone Verizon towers, as the SIM forces VoLTE for calls. And it will not make calls, SMS works, but no calling. I guess this is because TracFone does not support ALL VoLTE phones yet. I tried it today on y new 6T. Sing to try Red Pocket Mobile soon. As they claim it is compatible.
    This is wrong. I have a 6t working on Total Wireless except for incoming text issue that all Verizon customers have been having. Can't currently get around the awful Total customer service to get the needed feature added, but hopefully the fix trickles down soon. You also have to do the sim swap trick in order to create the TW APN, just like the Pixel 2 and some others, but then it works great over LTE for voice and data.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Central Iowa
    Posts
    398
    Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    N8th8n, I have been following a number of threads before here, reddit, and other forums about this, but with Tracfone and their sub-companies, it is just hard to figure out things when they are new since Tracfone does not understand what people telling them half the time.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    6,302
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    It would seem that Tracfone hires many of their CSR directly from the reclusive lost tribes of the Amazon.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    N8th8n, I have been following a number of threads before here, reddit, and other forums about this, but with Tracfone and their sub-companies, it is just hard to figure out things when they are new since Tracfone does not understand what people telling them half the time.
    You're absolutely right. Incredibly frustrating, and the reason I sit here with no incoming texts on my 6t still, while the Verizon customers have their fix.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    What is the sim swap?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,453
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkman View Post
    What is the sim swap?
    SIM swapping is taking a SIM from one phone and using it in another phone. Some phones are not eligible for activation on TF/Verizon (stolen, still on contract, etc), so the user takes a SIM from another phone (already activated) and uses it in the ineligible phone. There are other reasons for SIM swapping too.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    SIM swapping is taking a SIM from one phone and using it in another phone. Some phones are not eligible for activation on TF/Verizon (stolen, still on contract, etc), so the user takes a SIM from another phone (already activated) and uses it in the ineligible phone. There are other reasons for SIM swapping too.
    Yeah, I was talking about one of the other reasons.

    The Total Wireless sim does not allow for the creation of the needed APN for data to work. Options are grayed out. You have to insert a GSM sim (active or not) in order for the option to create the needed APN to be there create the APN, then put the TW sim back in and select the APN you built.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    Like in the other post you did, does your SIM have VoLTE enable because most to all the other Tracfone phones that support VoLTE is getting VoLTE?
    UPDATE: I was told by TracFone Tech Support that the reason I couldn't make calls was because CDMA phones, although LTE only, are tied to the SIM card and cannot transfer it to another eligible phone. Need a new SIM card. Once I did that all works except incoming SMS or MMS which is an issue with ALL Verizon MNVO's as it requires turning on "CDMA-Less" which none of the Verizon MNVO's can do yet.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whozit51 View Post
    The 6T does NOT work on TracFone Verizon towers, as the SIM forces VoLTE for calls. And it will not make calls, SMS works, but no calling. I guess this is because TracFone does not support ALL VoLTE phones yet. I tried it today on y new 6T. Sing to try Red Pocket Mobile soon. As they claim it is compatible.
    I was wrong. Just requires a new SIM, rather than transferring SIM from another phone. ALL works except Incoming SMS or MMS texts. A problem with ALL Verizon MNVO's.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Central Iowa
    Posts
    398
    Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whozit51 View Post
    UPDATE: I was told by TracFone Tech Support that the reason I couldn't make calls was because CDMA phones, although LTE only, are tied to the SIM card and cannot transfer it to another eligible phone. Need a new SIM card. Once I did that all works except incoming SMS or MMS which is an issue with ALL Verizon MNVO's as it requires turning on "CDMA-Less" which none of the Verizon MNVO's can do yet.
    I know SIMs swaps between phones does work. My brother's S7 which did not have VoLTE got VoLTE using a J3 Sky SIM, and it had no issues at all. Then I have used my J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL SIM in other phones that support Verizon, and I did not have any issues. Plus with the unlocked and Verizon branded phones that I have tried, they had fully working hotspot options.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    So - I could get a 6t and hope they fix the texting...


    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I know SIMs swaps between phones does work. My brother's S7 which did not have VoLTE got VoLTE using a J3 Sky SIM, and it had no issues at all. Then I have used my J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL SIM in other phones that support Verizon, and I did not have any issues. Plus with the unlocked and Verizon branded phones that I have tried, they had fully working hotspot options.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    884
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Oneplus 6t

    This entire thing is a giant screw up from both Verizon and OnePlus especially after Verizon certified it...

    There is Z E R O reason it shouldn't have CDMA-2000 support since the phone already has it and Verizon will support that network for another year.

    Alot of new universal unlocked phones have CDMA-2000 support still with Verizon so it seems this is OnePlus fault for not doing so. The Pixel 3 has it as an example...

    If this was treated as all the other universal unlocked device we'd not be having this conversation now.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. T-Mobile will sell the OnePlus 6T in October
    By shilohcane in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-14-2018, 05:53 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-03-2018, 12:22 AM
  3. OnePlus 6T Tipped for October Release
    By acurrie in forum Other
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2018, 02:14 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2018, 05:10 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2018, 07:45 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks