Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oneplus 6t

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whozit51 View Post
    The 6T does NOT work on TracFone Verizon towers, as the SIM forces VoLTE for calls. And it will not make calls, SMS works, but no calling. I guess this is because TracFone does not support ALL VoLTE phones yet. I tried it today on y new 6T. Sing to try Red Pocket Mobile soon. As they claim it is compatible.
    This is wrong. I have a 6t working on Total Wireless except for incoming text issue that all Verizon customers have been having. Can't currently get around the awful Total customer service to get the needed feature added, but hopefully the fix trickles down soon. You also have to do the sim swap trick in order to create the TW APN, just like the Pixel 2 and some others, but then it works great over LTE for voice and data.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    N8th8n, I have been following a number of threads before here, reddit, and other forums about this, but with Tracfone and their sub-companies, it is just hard to figure out things when they are new since Tracfone does not understand what people telling them half the time.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It would seem that Tracfone hires many of their CSR directly from the reclusive lost tribes of the Amazon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    N8th8n, I have been following a number of threads before here, reddit, and other forums about this, but with Tracfone and their sub-companies, it is just hard to figure out things when they are new since Tracfone does not understand what people telling them half the time.
    You're absolutely right. Incredibly frustrating, and the reason I sit here with no incoming texts on my 6t still, while the Verizon customers have their fix.

Feedback Score
    What is the sim swap?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkman View Post
    What is the sim swap?
    SIM swapping is taking a SIM from one phone and using it in another phone. Some phones are not eligible for activation on TF/Verizon (stolen, still on contract, etc), so the user takes a SIM from another phone (already activated) and uses it in the ineligible phone. There are other reasons for SIM swapping too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    SIM swapping is taking a SIM from one phone and using it in another phone. Some phones are not eligible for activation on TF/Verizon (stolen, still on contract, etc), so the user takes a SIM from another phone (already activated) and uses it in the ineligible phone. There are other reasons for SIM swapping too.
    Yeah, I was talking about one of the other reasons.

The Total Wireless sim does not allow for the creation of the needed APN for data to work. Options are grayed out. You have to insert a GSM sim (active or not) in order for the option to create the needed APN to be there create the APN, then put the TW sim back in and select the APN you built.

Feedback Score
    Like in the other post you did, does your SIM have VoLTE enable because most to all the other Tracfone phones that support VoLTE is getting VoLTE?
    UPDATE: I was told by TracFone Tech Support that the reason I couldn't make calls was because CDMA phones, although LTE only, are tied to the SIM card and cannot transfer it to another eligible phone. Need a new SIM card. Once I did that all works except incoming SMS or MMS which is an issue with ALL Verizon MNVO's as it requires turning on "CDMA-Less" which none of the Verizon MNVO's can do yet.

Feedback Score
    The 6T does NOT work on TracFone Verizon towers, as the SIM forces VoLTE for calls. And it will not make calls, SMS works, but no calling. I guess this is because TracFone does not support ALL VoLTE phones yet. I tried it today on y new 6T. Sing to try Red Pocket Mobile soon. As they claim it is compatible.
    I was wrong. Just requires a new SIM, rather than transferring SIM from another phone. ALL works except Incoming SMS or MMS texts. A problem with ALL Verizon MNVO's.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE: I was told by TracFone Tech Support that the reason I couldn't make calls was because CDMA phones, although LTE only, are tied to the SIM card and cannot transfer it to another eligible phone. Need a new SIM card. Once I did that all works except incoming SMS or MMS which is an issue with ALL Verizon MNVO's as it requires turning on "CDMA-Less" which none of the Verizon MNVO's can do yet.
    I know SIMs swaps between phones does work. My brother's S7 which did not have VoLTE got VoLTE using a J3 Sky SIM, and it had no issues at all. Then I have used my J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL SIM in other phones that support Verizon, and I did not have any issues. Plus with the unlocked and Verizon branded phones that I have tried, they had fully working hotspot options.

Feedback Score
    So - I could get a 6t and hope they fix the texting...

I know SIMs swaps between phones does work. My brother's S7 which did not have VoLTE got VoLTE using a J3 Sky SIM, and it had no issues at all. Then I have used my J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL SIM in other phones that support Verizon, and I did not have any issues. Plus with the unlocked and Verizon branded phones that I have tried, they had fully working hotspot options.

Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score

Oneplus 6t

This entire thing is a giant screw up from both Verizon and OnePlus especially after Verizon certified it...

There is Z E R O reason it shouldn't have CDMA-2000 support since the phone already has it and Verizon will support that network for another year.

Alot of new universal unlocked phones have CDMA-2000 support still with Verizon so it seems this is OnePlus fault for not doing so. The Pixel 3 has it as an example...

If this was treated as all the other universal unlocked device we'd not be having this conversation now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2