Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: iPhone T-Mobile Roaming?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    .....CDMA voice is better than the past. .....
    In theory, there was never anything wrong with the concept of CDMA voice. The problem was that carriers elected to use a highly compressed CODEC to implement it, in order to squeeze every bit of capacity from the channel.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)

iPhone T-Mobile Roaming?

My iPhone 6+ did not roam in an area with perfect TMO signal from a network repeater. Sprint service was 3 bars of 3G or 1 bar LTE. T-Mobile native coverage was full signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    In theory, there was never anything wrong with the concept of CDMA voice. The problem was that carriers elected to use a highly compressed CODEC to implement it, in order to squeeze every bit of capacity from the channel.
    both vzw and sprints voice was awful!! i always had to have the volume all the way up on my phone and still couldnt understand half the things said...vzw was sooo much more compress vs sprint but both just suck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    both vzw and sprints voice was awful!! i always had to have the volume all the way up on my phone and still couldnt understand half the things said...vzw was sooo much more compress vs sprint but both just suck
    On my usage VZW sounds worst. At my work the calls sound bad and drop sometimes. Had to turn VoLTE off at work cause I lose LTE

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    Not recently, at least not where I am. Sprint CDMA voice quality has improved tremendously. HD voice in particular sounds amazing! Every time I talk to another Sprint subscriber I am blown away by the voice quality. Also, in my experience, Sprint CDMA hangs on to the last sliver of signal noticeably better then GSM service. I simultaneously use Sprint, ATT and TMO for conference calls all day long driving around a lot. I never have dropped calls on Sprint, while both ATT and TMO drop occasionally.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vvk View Post
    Not recently, at least not where I am. Sprint CDMA voice quality has improved tremendously. HD voice in particular sounds amazing! Every time I talk to another Sprint subscriber I am blown away by the voice quality. Also, in my experience, Sprint CDMA hangs on to the last sliver of signal noticeably better then GSM service. I simultaneously use Sprint, ATT and TMO for conference calls all day long driving around a lot. I never have dropped calls on Sprint, while both ATT and TMO drop occasionally.
    Wait until you get to use Sprints VoLTE sounds amazing and goes thru faster

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Wait until you get to use Sprints VoLTE sounds amazing and goes thru faster

Can’t wait to have simultaneous voice and data! Too bad there is no movement on rolling it out to older iPhones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vvk View Post
    Can’t wait to have simultaneous voice and data! Too bad there is no movement on rolling it out to older iPhones.
    iPhone 8 Galaxy S8 were the test phones, at some point other devices will get it. I enjoyed it on my S8 but now waiting on the S9 to get it

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 4, Samsung S5 (G900A), iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have to say that my AT&T Phone can see the T-MOBILE/Sprint Roaming MNC when I loose all AT&T LTE service and it will not look for H+ on AT&T even though it's there and at -104dBm...

Sent from my LM-X210APM using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Those of you that have noticed your iPhone roaming on T-Mobile data, do you have Data Roaming enabled?

I think I heard T-Mobile data roaming is handled like extended or partner roaming so it doesn’t count against ones roaming allotment.

That would mean one could leave data roaming disabled, right?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    Those of you that have noticed your iPhone roaming on T-Mobile data, do you have Data Roaming enabled.....
    I don't know if Sprint phones are different but on most phones the data roaming toggle only applies to foreign carriers. (Carriers with a different MCC than the SIM.)

Feedback Score
    What would you want to turn off roaming?

Unlike some carriers, Sprint never charges for it.

Roaming on TMobile is unmetered.

Roaming on other carriers is subject to a quota, but why would it be better to have roaming cut off by you rather than by the quota?

The worst that happens if you go over the quota is that roaming subject to quota is cut off for the rest of the month. The rest of your service is not cut off.

Feedback Score

iPhone T-Mobile Roaming?

Sounds good. I will enable it and see what happens.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I don't know if Sprint phones are different but on most phones the data roaming toggle only applies to foreign carriers. (Carriers with a different MCC than the SIM.)
    Right so if you are on the border you may want to turn it off so you stick with Native coverage.

Feedback Score

iPhone T-Mobile Roaming?

So today I was at a place of business where I had bars but no Data connection.
    Would there have been a way to convince the phone to use T-Mobile Data?

I did report the issue and the app said to call for a Magic Box. Does it always say that or only in eligible areas?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast