Thread: AT&T prepaid Axia at Best Buy 5.5" 16gb $50

Feedback Score

AT&T prepaid Axia at Best Buy 5.5" 16gb $50

Best Buy has a prepaid AT&T phone called the Axia, 5.5" screen, 16gb, 1.1ghz processor, Oreo, about $50, looks like the Cricket Vision only the Axio is cheaper. The thing that surprises me is the low resolution for the large screen size. Does anyone have this phone, is the screen okay? At 5" the resolution starts to be a bit fuzzy but on a 5.5" ?

It so far shows as available online.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/at-t-prepaid-axia-with-16gb-memory-prepaid-cell-phone-dark-blue/6292037.p?skuId=6292037

Feedback Score
    Link was dead so here it is again...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/at-t-pr...?skuId=6292037

Feedback Score
    Here's the Cricket Vision at Best Buy for comparison...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cricket...?skuId=6277903

Device(s)
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Monthly
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Best Buy has a prepaid AT&T phone called the Axia, 5.5" screen, 16gb, 1.1ghz processor, Oreo, about $50, looks like the Cricket Vision only the Axio is cheaper. The thing that surprises me is the low resolution for the large screen size. Does anyone have this phone, is the screen okay? At 5" the resolution starts to be a bit fuzzy but on a 5.5" ?

It so far shows as available online.

I do agree about the screen and the resolution. I see that it is running Oreo Go. I had the Alcatel 1X and was not crazy about the Go edition. This is nothing more than a starter phone.

Sent from my H1711 using HoFo mobile app
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper View Post
    I do agree about the screen and the resolution. I see that it is running Oreo Go. I had the Alcatel 1X and was not crazy about the Go edition. This is nothing more than a starter phone.

Sent from my H1711 using HoFo mobile app
    That was my estimation. Someone who's never had a truly nice smartphone might use it as a stepping stone to a better view. If they weren't going to give better resolution they may as well have left the screen a bit smaller.

If anyone buys it, please let us know its pros & cons.

Sent from my LGL64VL using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles Who or What makes "Axia"???

Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Who or What makes "Axia"???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
    Who or What makes "Axia"???
    Good question, I couldn't find reference to the manufacturer at the Best Buy website but the Cricket Vision appears to be the same phone. I'll Google them & see if I find any clues.

Sent from my LG-K371 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper View Post
    I had check those Best Buy specs to see for myself, because I couldn't imagine anyone offering a 5.5" screen that wasn't a minimum of 720p but, boy was I wrong.

The screen door effect on this phone must be magnificent.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornos View Post
    I had check those Best Buy specs to see for myself, because I couldn't imagine anyone offering a 5.5" screen that wasn't a minimum of 720p but, boy was I wrong.

The screen door effect on this phone must be magnificent.
    The specs on this one are just sad.

I'd have to pass even if it shows up at $10 for Black Friday.

Last year for Black Friday I pulled the trigger on the Maven 3 at $7.99. So I don't have an aversion to a cheap phone.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Feedback Score
    I looked for YouTube unboxing videos of the Axia and there were two but they were sort of hazy quality so I won't recommend them by posting a link. But the guy said he liked it despite that it was basic and lacking some features, his kid enjoyed playing games on it and showed an example, a zombie shooting gallery that was too creepy for me. It might be okay for a kid's first smartphone if they're into games.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

AT&T Prepaid Axia At Best Buy 5.5" 16GB $$29.99

I saw one of these this morning at a Best Buy. Is it worth $29.99? How well would this work with Freedom Pop? At $29.99 for the phone and $39.99 for Freedom Pop for 12 months, would this be a suitable back-up to my Total Wireless (Verion MVNO on a Samsung Galaxy S9) service?

Does anybody happen to know if the Axia can be unlocked easily by contacting AT&T? (I assume so.)

Also, would wifi calling/texting work on the Axia to allow me to connect to an external wifi?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/freedom...?skuId=6187400

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    6 months on an ATT prepaid account to unlock. Unless you find some third party that unlocks it.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    How well would this work with Freedom Pop?
    It works with FreedomPop fine. FreedomPop GSM LTE is just an AT&T SIM.

Does anybody happen to know if the Axia can be unlocked easily by contacting AT&T? (I assume so.)
    Not unless you're an actual AT&T (not FreedomPop) customer for 6 months.

Also, would wifi calling/texting work on the Axia to allow me to connect to an external wifi?
    Yes you can run the FreedomPop app via WiFi.

The phone is somewhat sluggish, considering the 1.1GHz CPU and 1GB RAM. Better used as a media or reading device. If you're not a heavy app user it's not bad for $30.