Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garner SP / Leakey Texas coverage

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Garner SP / Leakey Texas coverage

Went camping with some family/friends at Garner State Park in Texas, halfway between Concan and Leakey Texas, oddly enough everyone had a T-Mobile device, including a brand new XS Max

Previous trips here some years back T-Mobile customers roamed on AT&T

Well we learned this trip that the AT&T roaming is gone, there is a T-Mobile 4G/LTE site in Concan, but its range to the North is horrible, there is no service to be picked up at all in Garner State Park or Leakey, the coverage shown on the coverage map is mostly a lie;

When we were close to Concan and had service, there does not seem to be any GSM/E from this TMO site, just 4G & LTE

I’m not saying that we went camping to browse the internet & Facebook, but access to phone calls and some internet coverage to check the weather that we previously had with AT&T Roaming is sorely missed

Putting one site up to kill the roaming charges for two counties is a joke, and no, I don’t think adding Band 71 to this one site will help matters much due to the terrain

Garner State Park is the most visited State Park in Texas with some 400,000+ annual visitors

While Leakey is a small town, tourists to the area in the Summer (besides Garner) account for some 200,000+ annual visitors

TMO Spectrum for Concan Tx;

TMO Spectrum for Leakey Texas

Talking to employees at the park, ATT is the best carrier, VZW is sketchy, Sprint and TMO non-existent

Just pissed the ATT roaming was taken away before TMO adequately covered the area..

Feedback Score
    This is T-Mobile's version of rural "coverage." Slap a site between two areas and call it a day as well as remove any existing roaming that actually worked. If you really need service there you already know what carrier works (AT&T).

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile should probably update their definition of "fair signal" to cover their own bases better. "Cell reception outdoors and occasionally indoors" clearly isn't always accurate.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE & 5S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I had a similar experience in Louisiana. Before Tmobile had coverage in the area i was in, they roamed on AT&T. Now that they have coverage listed as fair on the website, roaming is gone. Unfortunately though, the "fair" coverage is not really usable in any real way. Tmobile has made great strides, but they still have a way to go...

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-i760
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MEDIX1011 View Post
    Went camping with some family/friends at Garner State Park in Texas, halfway between Concan and Leakey Texas, oddly enough everyone had a T-Mobile device, including a brand new XS Max

Previous trips here some years back T-Mobile customers roamed on AT&T

Well we learned this trip that the AT&T roaming is gone, there is a T-Mobile 4G/LTE site in Concan, but its range to the North is horrible, there is no service to be picked up at all in Garner State Park or Leakey, the coverage shown on the coverage map is mostly a lie;

When we were close to Concan and had service, there does not seem to be any GSM/E from this TMO site, just 4G & LTE

I’m not saying that we went camping to browse the internet & Facebook, but access to phone calls and some internet coverage to check the weather that we previously had with AT&T Roaming is sorely missed

Putting one site up to kill the roaming charges for two counties is a joke, and no, I don’t think adding Band 71 to this one site will help matters much due to the terrain

Garner State Park is the most visited State Park in Texas with some 400,000+ annual visitors

While Leakey is a small town, tourists to the area in the Summer (besides Garner) account for some 200,000+ annual visitors

TMO Spectrum for Concan Tx;

TMO Spectrum for Leakey Texas

Talking to employees at the park, ATT is the best carrier, VZW is sketchy, Sprint and TMO non-existent

Just pissed the ATT roaming was taken away before TMO adequately covered the area..
    What app is that you use to lookup the spectrum?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by james4209 View Post
    This is T-Mobile's version of rural "coverage." Slap a site between two areas and call it a day as well as remove any existing roaming that actually worked. If you really need service there you already know what carrier works (AT&T).
    Hopefully they go back and fill in the gaps. I would think so but not sure when

From my experience T-Mobile has been very good coverage wise, it's capacity where I experienced the immediate need for improvement.

If I was in a rural spot all the time I may think otherwise

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jarredduq View Post
    What app is that you use to lookup the spectrum?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Not an app;

http://www.spectrumgateway.com/t-mob...ctrum-holdings

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Hopefully they go back and fill in the gaps. I would think so but not sure when

From my experience T-Mobile has been very good coverage wise, it's capacity where I experienced the immediate need for improvement.

If I was in a rural spot all the time I may think otherwise
    You would think that 400,000+ Annual visitors to one State Park would merit better coverage, this isn’t some random rural area in the middle of nowhere

Had a similar experience in 2017 at the Grand Canyon, which is the most visited U.S. National Park in the Nation

TMO must eventually realize (especially if the Sprint merger goes through) that a considerable number of people do visit these tourist areas, and if other carriers can provide coverage there should be no excuse as to why TMO can’t as well

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    You would think that 400,000+ Annual visitors to one State Park would merit better coverage, this isn’t some random rural area in the middle of nowhere

Had a similar experience in 2017 at the Grand Canyon, which is the most visited U.S. National Park in the Nation

TMO must eventually realize (especially if the Sprint merger goes through) that a considerable number of people do visit these tourist areas, and if other carriers can provide coverage there should be no excuse as to why TMO can’t as well
    Hopefully they get to that area sooner rather than later.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile can deploy both 600 & 700 in Real County. They have a tower just about 5 km south of the park, but AFAICT nothing to the north.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    T-Mobile can deploy both 600 & 700 in Real County. They have a tower just about 5 km south of the park, but AFAICT nothing to the north.
    For some reason they are not showing any 700Mhz Spectrum for Real County....
    Unless the Spectrum Dashboard is wrong

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    For some reason they are not showing any 700Mhz Spectrum for Real County....
    Unless the Spectrum Dashboard is wrong
    It threw me too, until I realized that the total on Sequence Omega didn't add up.
    http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsS...licKey=4081930

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Went camping with some family/friends at Garner State Park in Texas.....
    I love this park, water is crystal clear, the almost 3 mile long lazy river is perfect for camping a whole week. i go there every year.

you are right, t-mobile is almost non-existent. Is very very spotty if any. There is wifi at the store and at reception.

Thats why now when Im "on-call" or stand-by from work, i carry my t-mobile cell spot (signal amplifier) when i go camping, it works very well.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I wish I was smart enough to know that info means.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JTB69 View Post
    I wish I was smart enough to know that info means.
    What do you need help understanding? The site has a pretty good compilation of T-Mobile's spectrum holdings presented as maps and tables. You can click on a county and find out how much of which types of license T-Mobile has in that county. There are a few glitches. Real County, Texas, which is the subject of this discussion seems to be one. The 700A license in the San Antonio market was sub-divided between T-Mobile and CT-Cube and it looks like part of T-Mobile's license got misplaced, not by the FCC but by both Sequence Omega and Spectrum Gateway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast