Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: When is dual sim support coming to the iPhone Xs?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

When is dual sim support coming to the iPhone Xs?

If anyone knows.

Feedback Score
    Are you asking about eSIM or dual SIM? It’s my understanding the actual dual-SIM model was Asia only.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I believe the dual sim is coming to America as well through a future update.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Apple Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I read somewhere that carriers like Verizon aren't ready for eSIM on the iPhone, but plan to be by around the end of 2018. This is why they still provision with physical SIM. So when they start supporting it, you'll be able to switch to the eSIM then use the physical SIM slot for your second carrier. I haven't heard of any US carriers support the eSIM yet and it's going to be different for each carrier.

I kind of wanted the XS just for the dual-SIM support (and better camera) but by the time the carriers get around to supporting eSIM and with the controversy around the reception issues, I think I'm just going to wait for 2019 to upgrade. (I have a 2017 iPhone X)

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tresmith007 View Post
    I believe the dual sim is coming to America as well through a future update.
    Apple hasn't expressed any plans to sell the dual sim model in the US. Unless you are talking about future support for people who buy out of market phones and take them to the US.

Supporting 2 sims (eSIM and nano SIM) at same time is reportedly coming in iOS 12.1. Giving time for carriers to implement support.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Feedback Score
    Doesn't T-Mobile currently support the eSIM in the Apple Watch?

I have the W4, and before that the W3 and both of them worked fine with their eSIMs. I realize they currently do not enable them for the phones, but they seem to have the capability currently.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, iPad Mini 2, MacBook Pro 2013 13”, Apple TV 4.
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    With iOS 12.1, the eSim will be enabled.

Now it’s up to carriers to support it.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, iPad Mini 2, MacBook Pro 2013 13”, Apple TV 4.
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrfyter View Post
    Are you asking about eSIM or dual SIM? It’s my understanding the actual dual-SIM model was Asia only.
    eSIM and physical SIM = dual SIM.

Asia version will also have dual SIM, but with 2 physical ones, instead.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TwitchyPuppy View Post
    eSIM and physical SIM = dual SIM.

Asia version will also have dual SIM, but with 2 physical ones, instead.

Exactly....

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TwitchyPuppy View Post
    With iOS 12.1, the eSim will be enabled.

Now it’s up to carriers to support it.

Yes I'm wondering when that will be released. Apple is currently on 12.1 beta 4 and I'm hoping 12.1 will be released in a week or so with the October event.

I'm going on vacation next month and would love to have dual sim support so i can activate the esim for my home carrier so I would be able to add a physical sim for an away carrier.

Carrier(s)
    vzw / tmo
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone gotten an eSim yet?

Verizon business chat says they will not be supporting eSim with the 12.1 public release. I sent a link showing they were listed as a supporting carrier and she said she was sorry but the informaiton she had was they were not supporting eSim

T-Mobile business team experts say they are going to support eSim once 12.1 is released. I said well that happened a couple hours ago, and he said "in that case, I'm sorry but I do not have an update"

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FirefighterEMT View Post

Verizon business chat says they will not be supporting eSim with the 12.1 public release. I sent a link showing they were listed as a supporting carrier and she said she was sorry but the informaiton she had was they were not supporting eSim

T-Mobile business team experts say they are going to support eSim once 12.1 is released. I said well that happened a couple hours ago, and he said "in that case, I'm sorry but I do not have an update"
    @TMobileHelp on Twitter has come out and stated that it should be available by the end of the year. https://twitter.com/TMobileHelp/stat...34867095158784

Feedback Score
    I called AT&T Premier and the agent said basically, the same thing, they expect support by end of year.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FirefighterEMT View Post

I went into my local AT&T store and got my eSIM activated, so it's now my primary phone number, and today I'll go and get a SIM from Sprint (free year if you port over). They have the eSIM cards at AT&T, just have to ask them to assign that eSIM card as your replacement for your existing SIM. Then you'll need to have internet on your phone (I tapped into the WiFi), scan in the QR code, and it works...
    I drank what?!?!?!?
    ---------------------------------------

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTravis View Post
    I went into my local AT&T store and got my eSIM activated, so it's now my primary phone number, and today I'll go and get a SIM from Sprint (free year if you port over). They have the eSIM cards at AT&T, just have to ask them to assign that eSIM card as your replacement for your existing SIM. Then you'll need to have internet on your phone (I tapped into the WiFi), scan in the QR code, and it works...
    That is great news! Do you know if they'll activate the eSIM for a prepaid customer? I'm on ATT prepaid and I know alot of times they hold features for post-paid customers only.

I don't see why they would do that in this case but you never know.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast