Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: When is dual sim support coming to the iPhone Xs?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I just called the near by corporate store and the rep told me that they should get their eSIM cards some time this week.

Also I asked if the eSIM support is coming to prepaid customers and they couldn't tell me because they haven't gotten all the details yet.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tresmith007 View Post
    That is great news! Do you know if they'll activate the eSIM for a prepaid customer? I'm on ATT prepaid and I know alot of times they hold features for post-paid customers only.

I don't see why they would do that in this case but you never know.
    Unfortunately I didn't ask that. It seems like I just happen to be able to get mine done between the it's released, and we're delaying timeframe.
    I drank what?!?!?!?
    ---------------------------------------

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    IOS 12.1 is out for download

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    IOS 12.1 is out for download
    Has been for a few days...

Device(s)
    iPhone X, Huawei Mate 20 Pro
    Feedback Score
    I've read that this feature is included in the first iOS 12.1 beta. When the full version of the operating system update becomes available later this fall, the iPhone XS and XS Max will be able to simultaneously connect to two cellular providers. On devices running iOS 12.1, a new option has been added to the Cellular panel in the Settings app. This feature is only available for the iPhone XS, XS Max and XR, not older models.
    Check online reviews before buying your new gadget: https://www.pissedconsumer.com/cell-phones/RT-G.html

Carrier(s)
    vzw / tmo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cutie_11 View Post
    I've read that this feature is included in the first iOS 12.1 beta. When the full version of the operating system update becomes available later this fall, the iPhone XS and XS Max will be able to simultaneously connect to two cellular providers. On devices running iOS 12.1, a new option has been added to the Cellular panel in the Settings app. This feature is only available for the iPhone XS, XS Max and XR, not older models.
    FYI.....the full version of iOS 12.1 was released by Apple Tuesday, Oct 30th

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max, Huawei Mate RS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, China Mobile, Inmarsat
    Feedback Score
    It's been in the news all the carriers say they don't support eSIM for one reason or another until a later time. I went to a store on the 30th and got my eSIM activated. Now I can finally carry one phone (I know the Huawei is dual-SIM too; I really prefer iOS over Android in day-to-day use).

A friend of mine went to AT&T yesterday, they said they don't support activation now and their servers are not ready. Also something with problems with Visual Voicemail... the not being ready we know is BS since they have supported the Apple Watch and the Samsung Gear also uses an eSIM for well over a year now. Perhaps some people have problem with VVM, but I don't have any problems whatsoever.

Verizon says the dual SIM introduces a problem where the second line is dropped to 2G (CDMA)... and they're working with Apple to fix this. From my past experience, if a phone doesn't support dual 4G, then it's a hardware limitation which means the Intel modem doesn't support dual 4G so an iOS update can't fix this. Kind of Verizon's own fault as well since they dropped CDMA2000 and EV/DO support on their towers. Even the Qualcomm X16 doesn't do dual 4G, only the new X20/X24 support it.
    ~ alphaod ~
    AT&T - Apple iPhone XS Max
    China Mobile - Huawei Mate RS

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

When is dual sim support coming to the iPhone Xs?

Apparently the apple hardware is capable of dual 4G, but the software isn’t in place yet to support this yet.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
    It's been in the news all the carriers say they don't support eSIM for one reason or another until a later time. I went to a store on the 30th and got my eSIM activated. Now I can finally carry one phone (I know the Huawei is dual-SIM too; I really prefer iOS over Android in day-to-day use).

A friend of mine went to AT&T yesterday, they said they don't support activation now and their servers are not ready. Also something with problems with Visual Voicemail... the not being ready we know is BS since they have supported the Apple Watch and the Samsung Gear also uses an eSIM for well over a year now. Perhaps some people have problem with VVM, but I don't have any problems whatsoever.

Verizon says the dual SIM introduces a problem where the second line is dropped to 2G (CDMA)... and they're working with Apple to fix this. From my past experience, if a phone doesn't support dual 4G, then it's a hardware limitation which means the Intel modem doesn't support dual 4G so an iOS update can't fix this. Kind of Verizon's own fault as well since they dropped CDMA2000 and EV/DO support on their towers. Even the Qualcomm X16 doesn't do dual 4G, only the new X20/X24 support it.
    I would assume your are getting LTE on both your lines? If you can get LTE on both lines, then it would appear it actually is an issue on the Verizon side of things.

Carrier(s)
    vzw / tmo
    Feedback Score
    So just to add to this. I was able to get eSIM working on my XS using "My Truphone"

I am not sure exactly which carrier they use but according to Google they use AT&T which would make sense based on signal inside my hosue

Whats extra frustrating to me about this is obviously AT&T is cable of supporting eSIM's (from at least a network authorization stand point) or My Truphone won't work

I just purchased the 1 day - $7 pass, I wanted to confirm my phone was unlocked and eSIM would in fact work so that whenever Verizon or the "Un-Carrier" decides to flip the switch I can combine my 2 phones into 1

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm currently using AT&T on my eSIM and Sprint via the physical SIM. I ported a number over from AT&T to Sprint to get their year free of service. So far it seems to work pretty good, but it's only been a few days since I did that. I went straight to AT&T store after work on the 30th, after talking with them on the phone validating that they could move me from the physical to the eSIM. Unfortunately the manager left by then, and didn't want to do it. Luckily the employees pushed on, and we got it working. Wasn't that difficult. They setup the eSIM as my new SIM on my line, then I connect to their WiFi, and scan in the eSIM card, and now active eSIM for AT&T. I then signed up on Sprint's site for the 1year free unlimited plan, and got the SIM a few days later. Now able to have 2 carriers on. Obvious issue is you can only be on one service actively (phone call/data) at a time, but other than that it seems to be working good for me.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTravis View Post
    I'm currently using AT&T on my eSIM and Sprint via the physical SIM. I ported a number over from AT&T to Sprint to get their year free of service. So far it seems to work pretty good, but it's only been a few days since I did that. I went straight to AT&T store after work on the 30th, after talking with them on the phone validating that they could move me from the physical to the eSIM. Unfortunately the manager left by then, and didn't want to do it. Luckily the employees pushed on, and we got it working. Wasn't that difficult. They setup the eSIM as my new SIM on my line, then I connect to their WiFi, and scan in the eSIM card, and now active eSIM for AT&T. I then signed up on Sprint's site for the 1year free unlimited plan, and got the SIM a few days later. Now able to have 2 carriers on. Obvious issue is you can only be on one service actively (phone call/data) at a time, but other than that it seems to be working good for me.
    What was the process in activating the eSIM? Is it the same as activating the eSIM in a tablet or apple watch? The reason I ask is because some stores are still saying that they can't do it. It's not supported yet but I see people saying that they've done it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I just activated the eSIM on my phone using a service called BigSKy.

Here's the thread...

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...5#post17035095

Feedback Score
    I just signed up for the Truphone 30 day, 1Gb, $18 plan after downloading their "My Truphone" app to my Xr from the App Store. It went smoothly and it is now running dual service but I still need to figure out the best configuration. I did have to edit the first APN from epc.tmobile.com to: truphone.com to get data to work. I called my TM number and it rang, so both seem to be functioning the way I expected. I edited the line names to T-Mobile & Truphone and they display properly also.
    Last edited by daleraver; 11-08-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's closer to activating a regular SIM. They attach the SIM as your line (replacing your existing SIM). On your phone, you'll need to get onto WiFi for internet access, and you can scan the code from the eSIM card, and it'll activate. Didn't take too long once we figured out the Internet part. It took them a bit also, to figure out how to provision it. I recommend just use the numbers from the eSIM card to replace my SIM card, and that worked. It's all in if the employees are willing to work with you. In my case, it was that I got there before AT&T said we're delaying it, and the staff was willing to do it (even though their manager told them they didn't have to).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast