Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Account expired with $185 balance left

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by computercrashed View Post
    Verizon sounds like a bunch of a-holes, so they might want to explain their policy.*

I believe that if you keep adding some amount of money every 90 days, then they won't steal from you for that reason.[/SIZE]
    You don't have to agree with the policy, but it is clearly defined. No additional need to explain their policy when it is in writing and readily available for all current and potential customers.

You can disagree with the policy and there is no problem expressing your dissatisfaction. Prepaid/MVNO consumers can easily change providers if they choose to at any time if they wish without contract penalties.

As I stated earlier in this thread, there is no stealing going on when the policy is clearly defined. By signing up and using the service, consumers are agreeing to the TOS and that is all that matters.
    Last edited by veriztd; 10-20-2018 at 07:14 AM.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    You don't have to agree with the policy, but it is clearly defined. No additional need to explain their policy when it is in writing and readily available for all current and potential customers.

You can disagree with the policy and there is no problem expressing your dissatisfaction. Prepaid/MVNO consumers can easily change providers if they choose to at any time if they wish without contract penalties.

As I stated earlier in this thread, there is no stealing going on when the policy is clearly defined. By signing up and using the service, consumers are agreeing to the TOS and that is all that matters.
    Why do you keep spouting the same talking points? Everyone realizes this is in the TOS but we are all simply discussing why. Verizon can do whatever they want but the discussion is about whether this is just a money grab or if there is some sort of reasoning behind it. Policies are put in place either to extort the customer or to protect the company.

Please stop with your typical ******** replies.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Moto X4, Moto G6, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    It’s a question without any answer but since this seems very important, I’ll share this. You know my Uncle Freddy, the one with the gimpy knee? Well, he said it’s because they can.
    Pixel 2, Moto X4 & Moto G6 on Google Fi
    iPhone 6S on Verizon Prepaid

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gigahurtz View Post
    Why do you keep spouting the same talking points? Everyone realizes this is in the TOS but we are all simply discussing why. Verizon can do whatever they want but the discussion is about whether this is just a money grab or if there is some sort of reasoning behind it. Policies are put in place either to extort the customer or to protect the company.

Please stop with your typical ******** replies.
    Verizon is not alone in expiring balances. Almost all prepaid carriers do it and have done it for years. They do it because it makes them more money and it's not illegal. Given the strength and deep pockets of the telecom lobby that's unlikely to change anytime soon. As consumers we need to be aware of carrier's balance expiration polices and plan accordingly.
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    This has been the case with Verizon prepaid for many, many years. I have no problem with it since I pay much less on Verizon prepaid than I did when I was on Verizon postpaid.
    If there was not a cost benefit on prepaid, then I would go back to postpaid. But paying 30% less or more on prepaid is huge savings over postpaid.
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    This has been the case with Verizon prepaid for many, many years. I have no problem with it since I pay much less on Verizon prepaid than I did when I was on Verizon postpaid.
    If there was not a cost benefit on prepaid, then I would go back to postpaid. But paying 30% less or more on prepaid is huge savings over postpaid.
    I am still very pleased with my prepaid account. I buy these refill cards on eBay at a nice discount when there are extra 15% discounts. It works out very well for me on my family plan.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Most cards only extend service end date from today till x amount of days the $50 cards adds on 90 full days on top of currant service end date the $5 card does the same but idk if they still sell that one

Sent from my Lg Phoenix 4 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif Ormsbee View Post
    Most cards only extend service end date from today till x amount of days the $50 cards adds on 90 full days on top of currant service end date the $5 card does the same but idk if they still sell that one

Sent from my Lg Phoenix 4 using HoFo mobile app
    With the new plans it doesn't matter what the amount is. It only gets extended sixty days.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gigahurtz View Post
    I am still very pleased with my prepaid account. I buy these refill cards on eBay at a nice discount when there are extra 15% discounts. It works out very well for me on my family plan.
    Is there one of those 15% off days tomorrow?

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    With the new plans it doesn't matter what the amount is. It only gets extended sixty days.
    I was wrong about that. New plans don't really have a balance expiration date. You don't lose your balance on the new plans unless you let your monthly plan expire and don't renew for a period of 60 days.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Is there one of those 15% off days tomorrow?
    If by tomorrow you mean today (11-21-18) then yes.

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/1121/70319.html

Feedback Score
    So I’m really confused.
    I just activated a new plan today, porting my number, with double the data.

I bought $200 worth of $40refills with the last eBay sales, so I’m ok for 5 months.
    If I add all the refills to my account now, do they expire in 90 days? 60 days? There’s no expiration date in my account.

I have also set up autopay, so the price of the monthly plan went down to $35

What should I do?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidepisu View Post
    So I’m really confused.

What should I do?
    Get on Chat and ask them to tell you what your expiration date is. That's the only way to know for sure.

The way I read it, balance expiration only happens on the new plans if you let your monthly plan expire and don't replenish it for over 60 days. If you have a large enough balance in your account it will automatically renew. How do you read the FAQ below?

Quote Originally Posted by Verizon FAQ
    I signed up for my prepaid plan AFTER 11/6/18

As long as you renew your plan within 60 days of the expiration date, your account will stay active and your payments won't expire.

If you don't renew your plan, your account will be deactivated on the 61st day after your plan's expiration date. At that point, any funds in your account will expire, and you'll lose your phone number.
    Notice it says "renew your plan" instead of "make a payment to your account" which is what the old plans say.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2