Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: time to switch main carrier... Verizon prepaid suggestions?

Device(s)
    Netgear 781s (AT&T Unite Pro), Samsung Galaxy S8, Netgear Nighthawk LTE, iPad Mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, US Mobile
    Feedback Score

time to switch main carrier... Verizon prepaid suggestions?

i've been with US Mobile for my main cell plan from almost the beginning since they first offered Verizon unlimited and they just updated their plans for the worst and it's time to switch... is there anyone who is offering unlimited Verizon data without any data caps? download speed dosn't matter as much as truly unlimited 4G LTE data... don't want a plan that has 20GB then 2G data but also I can handle 5mbps download speeds on a phone although faster download speeds would be nice if it's around the same price what's out there? Verizon is the best service provider in all the places I frequent most often much better then even AT&T so that's why I stick with them... but what's out there? I don't have an iPhone for my main phone so visible isn't an option at this current time and I don't have xfinity/spectrum so those great plans go out the window... any other suggestions?

Feedback Score
    Looks like Pageplus has an unlimited data plan for $50.00.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Looks like Pageplus has an unlimited data plan for $50.00.
    "At 60 GB, we reserve the right to review your account for usage in violation of Page Plus's terms and conditions."

Feedback Score
    maybe try visible

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

time to switch main carrier... Verizon prepaid suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    maybe try visible
    Visible is the only prepaid carrier (owned by Verizon) that doesn’t have a soft cap for deprioritization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    maybe try visible
    He already said that's not an option because he doesn't have an iPhone.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    maybe try visible
    The OP discounted that option for now since doesn't have an iPhone. Visible would work for me, though since I want my backup phone to be on the other major network, I would also have to switch my backup phone to an ATT MVNO. This combo could save me $10/month, for more data, but currently ATT is still giving me the DirecTV Now discount that ATT Prepaid supposedly doesn't qualify for. (I had ATT Postpaid unlimited when I signed up for DTVNow, and 5 months later I still get the $15/month discount).
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    Netgear 781s (AT&T Unite Pro), Samsung Galaxy S8, Netgear Nighthawk LTE, iPad Mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    maybe try visible
    If visable goes Android and stay the same in price I'll switch to them right now... Deprioritization does not matter to me as everyone will have it but I just don't want 2G speed for rest of month at all after I pass a certain amount of GB is used... also would like full unrestricted download speed only if it's about the same in price or less then a plan with a 5mbps download speed cap... otherwise if a 5mbps download speed cap is cheaper I'll take it...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    any more suggestions? I've looked and from what all I've found is Verizon is a hard one to deal with for prepaid unlimited data... page plus and straight talk has their unlimited plan for $50 but don't know if they got the 20GB of 4G LTE then unlimited 2G cap like US Mobile... that 60gb per month termination thing Page plus/straight talk has seems too risky though ... The other carrier I found is Verizon's own prepaid for $75 but don't know if that's capped in terms of download speed and/or 20GB 4G LTE then Unlimited 2G but other then that there doesn't seem to be many other carriers that have prepaid unlimited Verizon... Credo Mobile is also a no go since they got the 20GB 4G LTE then Unlimited 2G data as well... is their any I missed? Any that's better? at this point capped download speed doesn't matter at all as long as I don't have the 20GB 4G LTE then Unlimited 2G thing

Feedback Score
    Honest question, how would someone go about using 60gb a month on a cellphone??? I'm guessing ya gotta be streaming a ton of video and using cell data as your only source of Wifi?? I have to really work hard to get through 2gb per month and can't seem to even get close to my 5gb cap!!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Honest question, how would someone go about using 60gb a month on a cellphone??? I'm guessing ya gotta be streaming a ton of video and using cell data as your only source of Wifi?? I have to really work hard to get through 2gb per month and can't seem to even get close to my 5gb cap!!
    It definitely boggles the mind!

But if it is really needed, it seems like PPC at $50/30 days with auto-pay is a good way to go.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Don't think I'll come close to 60gb in a month no but on a normal month I don't use less than 7gb since I do tons of web surfing and music and video streaming away from the home like on the bus, ferry, and such but on a road trip I did manage to use no less then 22gb of data so I would have been slowed to 2g speeds if us mobile had the 20gb high speed cap at the time

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    Don't think I'll come close to 60gb in a month no but on a normal month I don't use less than 7gb since I do tons of web surfing and music and video streaming away from the home like on the bus, ferry, and such but on a road trip I did manage to use no less then 22gb of data so I would have been slowed to 2g speeds if us mobile had the 20gb high speed cap at the time

Then the unlimited LTE data on PPC at $50/30 days with auto-pay would provide a lot of cushion before you ever get to the point of "At 60 GB, we reserve the right to review your account for usage in violation of Page Plus's terms and conditions."

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Then the unlimited LTE data on PPC at $50/30 days with auto-pay would provide a lot of cushion before you ever get to the point of "At 60 GB, we reserve the right to review your account for usage in violation of Page Plus's terms and conditions."
    That's good... Is ppc download speed capped and/or high speed data capped?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    That's good... Is ppc download speed capped and/or high speed data capped?
    There is no longer any specific speed cap with PPC, and there is no specific LTE limit, except possibly an account review at 60BG used within 30 days as noted above. Actual speed/performance will depend on how good the Vzw network/towers are in your area, and whether or not those Vzw towers are congested.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast