Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Takes Action Against Employee Who Demanded Officer Disarm

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile Takes Action Against Employee Who Demanded Officer Disarm

Glad that T-Mobile Corporate corrected this BS... that happened in a independently owned and operated stores in Oregon.

"A T-Mobile executive apologized to the Grants Pass detective who was asked to disarm or leave their store on Monday.

Grants Pass, OR – An executive from T-Mobile has apologized to the police detective who was asked to leave their Grants Pass store on Monday after he refused to disarm on duty.

Grants Pass Community Service Officer Jennifer Brown told Blue Lives Matter that she and her husband received a call on Monday night.

“We were contacted by the VP of T-Mobile West Coast Operations, who offered an apology on behalf of the business,” she reported.

Community Service Officer Brown said the executive told them that T-Mobile had investigated the situation.

“He pulled video surveillance and said that the employees’ statements of what occurred were not consistent with video,” she told Blue Lives Matter.

T-Mobile also reached out to Blue Lives Matter and said the incident that occurred did not reflect the company’s policies, and “we promptly investigated last night, that individual is no longer associated with the T-Mobile brand.”

The apology to the Browns was tendered by the cell phone company after Grants Pass Police Detective Ryan Brown stopped by a T-Mobile store, located on NE Terry Lane, on duty in plain clothes at about 11 am on Oct. 8.

His badge and duty weapon were visible.

His wife told Blue Lives Matter that her husband had intended to purchase two new iPhones to replace his phone and her phone.

Community Service Officer Brown said that they were going to add two new accounts and pass their old phones down to their daughters.

Det. Brown was in the T-Mobile store talking about new phones with an employee when another employee came out from the back office and told him to take off his gun, his wife said.

“He advised them he was a police officer, and they stated that they have a no gun policy in their store,” she told Blue Lives Matter. She said the employee specifically told Det. Brown to go put his police duty weapon in his car.

Det. Brown, who is a veteran officer with more than 20 years of service with the Grants Pass PD, told the employees that he wasn’t going to remove his weapon because he was on duty with a badge.

The T-Mobile employees insisted that Det. Brown leave the store, his wife told Blue Lives Matter.

The detective started to leave, and then turned back and asked if he could have a printout of his account so he could close it out. But he said the employees refused to give it to him and asked him again to leave.

His wife said Det. Brown left the store to avoid creating any further issues.

“I was appalled, but my heart also broke a little bit for him,” Community Service Officer Brown said. “Someone that has given so much to this community for so long - it felt like a slap in the face. Almost as if they were giving him the middle finger instead of saying thank you for protecting us.”

After he left the T-Mobile store, he called his wife to tell her what happened. And then he went and opened a new phone account at U.S. Cellular, and called T-Mobile to cancel their existing phone plan.

T-Mobile Executive Vice President Jon Freier tweeted Blue Lives Matter on Tuesday morning and said the company had “genuinely” apologized to the Browns for the incident at the Grants Pass store.

“We have investigated this issue at one of our independently owned and operated stores in Oregon,” Freier wrote. “While isolated at this one store with their employee, it’s clearly unacceptable. We will be taking the appropriate actions to ensure this does not happen again.”

The T-Mobile executive tweeted that what happened to Det. Brown was “very poor judgement” and said the company would be “taking the right set of actions and next steps.”"

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...EyesI_8dxl0Tg/
    Last edited by shilohcane; 10-09-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Glad that T-Mobile Corporate corrected this BS... that happened in a independently owned and operated stores in Oregon.

"A T-Mobile executive apologized to the Grants Pass detective who was asked to disarm or leave their store on Monday.

Grants Pass, OR – An executive from T-Mobile has apologized to the police detective who was asked to leave their Grants Pass store on Monday after he refused to disarm on duty.

Grants Pass Community Service Officer Jennifer Brown told Blue Lives Matter that she and her husband received a call on Monday night.

“We were contacted by the VP of T-Mobile West Coast Operations, who offered an apology on behalf of the business,” she reported.

Community Service Officer Brown said the executive told them that T-Mobile had investigated the situation.

“He pulled video surveillance and said that the employees’ statements of what occurred were not consistent with video,” she told Blue Lives Matter.

T-Mobile also reached out to Blue Lives Matter and said the incident that occurred did not reflect the company’s policies, and “we promptly investigated last night, that individual is no longer associated with the T-Mobile brand.”

The apology to the Browns was tendered by the cell phone company after Grants Pass Police Detective Ryan Brown stopped by a T-Mobile store, located on NE Terry Lane, on duty in plain clothes at about 11 am on Oct. 8.

His badge and duty weapon were visible.

His wife told Blue Lives Matter that her husband had intended to purchase two new iPhones to replace his phone and her phone.

Community Service Officer Brown said that they were going to add two new accounts and pass their old phones down to their daughters.

Det. Brown was in the T-Mobile store talking about new phones with an employee when another employee came out from the back office and told him to take off his gun, his wife said.

“He advised them he was a police officer, and they stated that they have a no gun policy in their store,” she told Blue Lives Matter. She said the employee specifically told Det. Brown to go put his police duty weapon in his car.

Det. Brown, who is a veteran officer with more than 20 years of service with the Grants Pass PD, told the employees that he wasn’t going to remove his weapon because he was on duty with a badge.

The T-Mobile employees insisted that Det. Brown leave the store, his wife told Blue Lives Matter.

The detective started to leave, and then turned back and asked if he could have a printout of his account so he could close it out. But he said the employees refused to give it to him and asked him again to leave.

His wife said Det. Brown left the store to avoid creating any further issues.

“I was appalled, but my heart also broke a little bit for him,” Community Service Officer Brown said. “Someone that has given so much to this community for so long - it felt like a slap in the face. Almost as if they were giving him the middle finger instead of saying thank you for protecting us.”

After he left the T-Mobile store, he called his wife to tell her what happened. And then he went and opened a new phone account at U.S. Cellular, and called T-Mobile to cancel their existing phone plan.

T-Mobile Executive Vice President Jon Freier tweeted Blue Lives Matter on Tuesday morning and said the company had “genuinely” apologized to the Browns for the incident at the Grants Pass store.

“We have investigated this issue at one of our independently owned and operated stores in Oregon,” Freier wrote. “While isolated at this one store with their employee, it’s clearly unacceptable. We will be taking the appropriate actions to ensure this does not happen again.”

The T-Mobile executive tweeted that what happened to Det. Brown was “very poor judgement” and said the company would be “taking the right set of actions and next steps.”"

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...EyesI_8dxl0Tg/
    That is sickening. That's why I hate it when stuff like this happens it's so can't put into words because it makes me so mad. Disrespectful

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Interesting. Too bad the actions of one idiot makes T-Mobile and the store look bad. I thought there is a post 911 law protecting law enforcement and making them immune from gun free zones....except Airlines.

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Yeah looked like TMobile took the right steps after getting word of it.

I think in that case it should result in an automatic firing for the employee that did that. If I was tmobile I would do what I could to get the customer back. TMobile doesn't want the reputation of not supporting police officers.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post

I think in that case it should result in an automatic firing for the employee that did that. If I was tmobile I would do what I could to get the customer back. TMobile doesn't want the reputation of not supporting police officers.
    TMobile supports police officers I'm glad they do.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    The tmobile near me gets robbed quite a bit so the last people they want to tick off are police officers. They even had a car drive through the door to rob it

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Interesting. Too bad the actions of one idiot makes T-Mobile and the store look bad. I thought there is a post 911 law protecting law enforcement and making them immune from gun free zones....except Airlines.
    Sure, but it's private property so unless he has a legal reason to be at the store, he can be told to leave. In the USA you can deny service to anyone, barring a protected class.

Despite what the media, law enforcement, and others may project, being a police officer is not a protected class under the constitution.

Also, he was on duty but doing personal business? Any job where I work set hours, I can't just drop off to a store and shop. I get police should be out in the community and interacting, but doing his personal iPhone shopping at the public's expense? Naaahhh

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    Sure, but it's private property so unless he has a legal reason to be at the store, he can be told to leave. In the USA you can deny service to anyone, barring a protected class.

Despite what the media, law enforcement, and others may project, being a police officer is not a protected class under the constitution.

Also, he was on duty but doing personal business? Any job where I work set hours, I can't just drop off to a store and shop. I get police should be out in the community and interacting, but doing his personal iPhone shopping at the public's expense? Naaahhh
    Exactly I got myself banned from the local mall for year for carrying my stun gun on me so yeah what you're saying is correct. They have the right to ban anybody they choose.

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score

Maybe that have the right but it's still poor taste I think

Feedback Score

From the article 'The employee is no longer associated with the T-Mobile brand'.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    From the article 'The employee is no longer associated with the T-Mobile brand'.

Nope he's not or she is not. So yeah I got banned for a whole year from the mall because I have my stun gun on me they viewed it as a weapon so I got stopped by the cops and then banned as a result from the mall for one whole year so yeah what the other person said is true

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post

I think that's a good decision. TMobile did the right thing.

You don't treat law enforcement that way

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Sure, but it's private property so unless he has a legal reason to be at the store, he can be told to leave.

Edited.......misread your comment. Lol

Police and EMS do it all the time though. Definitely not the best decision by the employee unfortunately.

Feedback Score
    Also, he was on duty but doing personal business? Any job where I work set hours, I can't just drop off to a store and shop. I get police should be out in the community and interacting, but doing his personal iPhone shopping at the public's expense?
    Law enforcement are often considered on-duty even when they are on their shift breaks. Ever seen a couple of uniformed, armed officers at a restaurant while their police vehicle is parked outside? They are still on the clock during the break. If he wants to conduct his business at T-Mobile instead of eat donuts during his break, it's likely his job rules permits him to do that as long as he radios in to state his location which is the typical procedure.

but it's private property so unless he has a legal reason to be at the store, he can be told to leave.
    He was told to leave and he left. The person that told him to leave got fired. The corporate location had to apologize. Why? Because businesses are smart enough not to disrespect law enforcement.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think that's a good decision. TMobile did the right thing.

You don't treat law enforcement that way
    I agree, and its a sad day, when law enforcement is denied service because they are armed while working. I would expect this in California, as much of the state has become intolerable against law enforcement in general in the more urban areas (San Fran / L.A.) , but not in a place like Grant's Pass.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast