Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: General: $15 activation fee per line. - New web site is up

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Well, that's sure a good way to attract customers.
    Promotions are getting hotter. Went to 4 stores trying to get a iPhone 6s as a business phone. Wait in line 4 deep, then they sold the last one each time right in front of me. $49 for a iphone 6s. Who cares about activation fees when phones are that cheap. The guy said much better promos are coming over the next few weeks and I should wait anyway. He might have said that since he was out of the phone.
    Last edited by MoreSpeed; 10-10-2018 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Grammer

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreSpeed View Post
    Promotions are getting hotter. Went to 4 stores trying to get a iPhone 6s as a business phone. Wait in line 4 deep, then they sold the last one each time right in front of me. $49 for a iphone 6s. Who cares about activation fees when phones are that cheap. The guy said much better promos are coming over the next few weeks and I should wait anyway. He might have said that since he was out of the phone.
    Hopefully that's correct.

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Meh, $15 activation fee. Not a big deal at all. With all the other promos, incentives, and bargains.... what's $15? It's a one time fee... and it isn't always in effect (depends on what kinda promo Metro is running at any given time). I'm sure there will be sales in the future that offer "free activation" depending on the situation. Again, even if they don't... there are plenty of bargains to be had.

Thinking back 10 years, we've got it good right now. Great, affordable phones, no contracts, unlimited plans, huge LTE infrastructure, choices in the market (Cricket, Metro, etc). Things are GOOD. Pay the $15 and be thankful

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    Meh, $15 activation fee. Not a big deal at all. With all the other promos, incentives, and bargains.... what's $15? It's a one time fee... and it isn't always in effect (depends on what kinda promo Metro is running at any given time). I'm sure there will be sales in the future that offer "free activation" depending on the situation. Again, even if they don't... there are plenty of bargains to be had.

Thinking back 10 years, we've got it good right now. Great, affordable phones, no contracts, unlimited plans, huge LTE infrastructure, choices in the market (Cricket, Metro, etc). Things are GOOD. Pay the $15 and be thankful

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app
    Agreed, but metro needs to get going with the promos.

Feedback Score
    Well, that's sure a good way to attract customers.
    Churn. I'd say Metro has been strong on phone deals to attract customers, but short on actions to keep customers. The new pricing is to balance that. lots of tie -in, intended to make it harder to leave Metro. e.g. lose Prime, group decision.

And based on what I read here, data speed is hit or miss, in some locations fast data, in other cities, grid-locked congestion. Hopefully better data performance is the plan.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Fedora415;17029326]Churn. I'd say Metro has been strong on phone deals to attract customers, but short on actions to keep customers. The new pricing is to balance that. lots of tie -in, intended to make it harder to leave Metro. e.g. lose Prime, group decision.

And based on what I read here, data speed is hit or miss, in some locations fast data, in other cities, grid-locked congestion. Hopefully better data performance is the plan.[/QUOte

Again,imo, you've summarized Tm's and metro's pros/cons very concisely and as you say,precluding their hit and miss coverage issues,the rest is pretty good, however, coverage is what phone service is all about.
    Last edited by plane; 10-13-2018 at 10:41 PM.

Device(s)
    i880
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I'm confused,as usual, but you were saying metro has nothing to be concerned about while they're changing virtually every non technical aspect of their company's description. Yet absolutely nothing announced to improve their coverage, while raising their rates. They're have to piggy back on the success of Amazon and Google for supposed advantages. Again,imo they've lost their minds,however i also suspect they're prior business model of giving both handsets and service away,while obviously successful, was a very expensive method of drawing customers. Again,imo, all this new crap while a lot cheaper will do very little to attract new customers, but I hopefully suspect this will be rectified in the upcoming holiday sales season
    there hasn't been any rate increases in years the prices have went down, so what are you referring to?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1918 View Post
    there hasn't been any rate increases in years the prices have went down, so what are you referring to?
    It's real simple. If rates for 4 lines as recently as Sept for 4 lines were 4/$100 and now they're $130 or whatever,that's higher. Also if the charge for whatever was $10 for the last year or so and now its $15,that's higher too. It's gone up from what it was. (to further annoy me, i added a additional cricket line with no $10 or $15 charge) My memory with metro began in April,when i got my first service, when the fee was $10, which i thought was ridiculous at that time too. It really makes no current difference what the rates were a year or so ago,they have recently risen and in general by a considerable percentage, if one were trying to get This product. This may or may not be offset by future promotions, I dunno. I agree the current rates are very favourable compared to several years ago,but my original point was there is some rate increase,which I hope is not the start of a trend with all carriers.

Your memory of metro prices probably reaches much further back than mine. Also this may just be the common marketing practice of raising current prices so they can be lowered with a sale price in the near future.

Also, precluding subjective reasons for raising prices such as "more profit", need to offset some expense,ie,a stupid high new signage expense, etc, it's not like when the price of gasoline rises due to the direct relationship with a global rising cost of crude oil, which is beyond the oil companies control. By the way,typically when the selling price of gas goes up, it's reported typically that the price went up,although it can mentored that it was cheaper when ever.
    Last edited by plane; 10-15-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2