Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A+ for TracFone and Samsung

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    That would be "I hope the slug who has my Galaxy enjoys their new paperweight" if you don't know the gender of the thief.
    I still abide by the generic he that was taught into the 80s, so use of "his" is just fine.
    The generic use pf masculine pronouns was as common, even more common, than the plural until recent feminist demands to do otherwise.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thir...oun#Generic_he

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles

That would be "I hope the slug who has my Galaxy enjoys their new paperweight" if you don't know the gender of the thief.
    I would just call the thief "she" to make up for all the years of pronoun depravation.

Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    I still abide by the generic he that was taught into the 80s, so use of "his" is just fine.
    The generic use pf masculine pronouns was as common, even more common, than the plural until recent feminist demands to do otherwise.
    On a more historical level. English _did_ have a singular common pronoun. It just happened to be "he".
    And now people who refuse to recognize it are dooming everyone to not be able to read anything more than twenty or so years old. I strongly dislike ideologically based changes to language--especially if the ideology is contrary to reason and my beliefs.

Feedback Score
    No comprendo.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
    On a more historical level. English _did_ have a singular common pronoun. It just happened to be "he".
    Agree, just phrased it a little differently.

But "he" was masculine and generic. Only context would clarify. Meanwhile the feminine was specific, special. Being special wasn't enough for some...

Carrier(s)
    BellSouth Mobility, AirTouch, Cingular, Verizon, StraightTalk, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    I'd have contacted the police.

They should be well versed in recovering stolen devices found with the apps now.
    Yeah, they probably are-- our local police department is quite good and I probably could have gotten the phone back.

I had seriously considered filing a report-- but concluded that the likely sequelae substantially outweighed the value of a low/mid QVC Samsung phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chasham View Post
    I had seriously considered filing a report-- but concluded that the likely sequelae substantially outweighed the value of a low/mid QVC Samsung phone.
    Well, you didn't specify the device.

But I look at the principle. And if they took yours, what else have they taken.

Feedback Score
    All it takes is a report to black list it which you did. Good job. And nice story about the fireman you did well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2