Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Roaming And VoLTE

Device(s)
    S22+/A51/A71 5G, Pixel 6a/4a5G, Moto G7 Power/Z3 Play/One 5G Ace
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile Roaming And VoLTE

User HokieAl has posted in the TMO Forum that he has roamed on US Cellular VoLTE at Stratton Mt VT.

I hope that VoLTE (and roaming) has been activated on the rest of the US Cellular Southern Vermont network. It would be just in time for the foliage tourists!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    User HokieAl has posted in the TMO Forum that he has roamed on US Cellular VoLTE at Stratton Mt VT.

I hope that VoLTE (and roaming) has been activated on the rest of the US Cellular Southern Vermont network. It would be just in time for the foliage tourists!
    That's the only place I saw it. I was at the Firetower bar there, and had a decent signal. I tried calling my voicemail to see if VoLTE worked and it did. The other interesting thing was that my wife's Galaxy S7 Edge also roamed on US Cellular. I thought that wasn't one of the phones that could do this.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi
    Feedback Score

While that's GREAT news. It isn't enabled ANYWHERE else so far.

But given that they've finally turned on Band 12 in Brattleboro/Dummerston VT hopefully VoLTE roaming on T-Mobile won't be far behind.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    Interesting that they haven't updated the coverage map yet. T-Mobile normally is like next day updates to the maps.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 (US Cellular), 10.5 inch iPad Pro (Sprint)
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Interesting that they haven't updated the coverage map yet. T-Mobile normally is like next day updates to the maps.
    Yet the map acts like everything's been working in West Virginia for quite a few months. I have USCC and I live in Beckley, WV but still don't have VOLTE. I would think they would show that then.

Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatheronthe8s View Post
    Yet the map acts like everything's been working in West Virginia for quite a few months. I have USCC and I live in Beckley, WV but still don't have VOLTE. I would think they would show that then.

I think volte roaming only works with T-Mobile branded phones.

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    Should work with Google fi and pixel phones for sure, and any unlocked phone that supports the right bands and volte.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Should work with Google fi and pixel phones for sure, and any unlocked phone that supports the right bands and volte.
    Maybe Fi, but not simply unlocked with the correct bands. This is according to TMobile.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 (US Cellular), 10.5 inch iPad Pro (Sprint)
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieAl View Post
    I think volte roaming only works with T-Mobile branded phones.

Yeah. I mean I have US Cellular in WV and still don't have VOLTE from USCC. T-Mobile doesn't actually have service at all where I live. Now if USCC has activated VOLTE in secrecery and hasn't enabled it for their customers then that would be another story. USCC doesn't have the best LTE coverage here to begin with so I wouldn't be surprised though even though I would be kinda disappointed. Trust me. USCC's LTE coverage map is not quite as good as it looks. There are a lot of little gaps and very weak points in LTE coverage that make it annoying sometimes. If they have VOLTE to us there would be complaint after complaint of calls being dropped all the time for any customers that aren't always in town. I think they need to build more towers before they give us VOLTE. Now I do wish I got VOLTE roaming for when I'm on T-Mobile for roaming because there are a few places where Verizon and Sprint don't pick up I've been to where T-Mobile does oddly enough. AT&T does work in those few places too but USCC doesn't have roaming agreements with them. When this happens, I get LTE data but cannot make calls unless I use textnow or something like that which I'm sure is not as reliable as regular VOLTE. Oddly enough though, the iPhones even in my non-VOLTE USCC market do have VOLTE turned on but can only use it for roaming or when in markets where it's available. My Galaxy S8 doesn't even have the switch to turn it on.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    FYI, doesn't appear that T-Mobile is roaming at Stratton. I was in the area on the weekend and it was on T-Mobile Band 12 if you were high enough up out of Londonderry but was very flaky.

If it was on Us Cellular it would have a pretty strong signal everywhere in that area since they have it blanketed from Manchester VT over to Stratton pretty well. (not so much from Brattleboro over)

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    FYI, doesn't appear that T-Mobile is roaming at Stratton. I was in the area on the weekend and it was on T-Mobile Band 12 if you were high enough up out of Londonderry but was very flaky.

If it was on Us Cellular it would have a pretty strong signal everywhere in that area since they have it blanketed from Manchester VT over to Stratton pretty well. (not so much from Brattleboro over)
    You have to go up to the village. At the golf course, literally across the street, nothing. In the village, I was roaming on us cellular and my wife's phone was too.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    You know, I'm beginning to wonder if US Cellular actually owns the Band 12 in Vermont. TMO's coverage map always showed VT as native (not partner), and when I have received TMO signal in VT, the MCC-MNC was 310-260.

I suspect USCC hasn't added Band 12 to their more remote towers because they don't own it, and TMO is not paying to use those towers. We may not see TMO coverage as good as USCC's until USCC has Band 5 VoLTE everywhere. The Band 12 signal at Stratton is probably just a TMO small cell at the Village.

Device(s)
    1+ 8T 5G, Galaxy S20 5G, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    You know, I'm beginning to wonder if US Cellular actually owns the Band 12 in Vermont... .
    Remember that band 12 is comprised of three 5x5 MHz blocks (A, B & C). USCC has at least 5x5 of this band throughout Vermont. T-Mobile owns 5x5 in part of Vermont and Vtel owns what USCC and T-Mobile do not.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Doesn't AT&T own the B+C blocks (Band 17), or does AT&T not have Band 17 in VT?

Device(s)
    1+ 8T 5G, Galaxy S20 5G, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Doesn't AT&T own the B+C blocks (Band 17), or does AT&T not have Band 17 in VT?
    AT&T has a lot but does not own the B & C blocks everywhere. The A, B & C blocks in Vermont are divided as I mentioned above. AT&T does have the unpaired D block throughout the contiguous 48 states.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast