Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 77

Thread: Sprint Claims its LTE Network is Bad in Move To Help Merger with T-Mobile

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,535
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

    Sprint Claims its LTE Network is Bad in Move To Help Merger with T-Mobile

    Name:  sprint.jpg
Views: 972
Size:  57.7 KB

    Yes you read that right! Do not adjust your AMOLED or Super Retina display.

    In a recent filing called: “Sprint’s Network Faces Severe Challenges” the beleaguered carrier overlays its LTE coverage against T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon. By showcasing only its LTE network it really shows the disparity against its competitors.

    But there is a reason behind the madness. By industry perspective it appears that Sprint may be trying to win sympathy as a strategy to win over the FCC's blessing. It feels that by pointing out its weaknesses the whole concept of allowing the merger to proceed should be a no-brainer.

    See the comparison images Sprint has ceded to regulators of its LTE network compared to T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon respectively.

    Name:  sprint-lte-coverage.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  37.9 KB

    What do you guys think? Is this a winning strategy?




    Source: https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/28/sprint-bad-lte-coverage/
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,535
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Is it just me or does T-Mobile's map look a little more filled in than AT&T out west?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,398
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Sprint Claims its LTE Network is Bad in Move To Help Merger with T-Mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Name:  sprint.jpg
Views: 972
Size:  57.7 KB

    Yes you read that right! Do not adjust your AMOLED or Super Retina display.

    In a recent filing called: “Sprint’s Network Faces Severe Challenges” the beleaguered carrier overlays its LTE coverage against T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon. By showcasing only its LTE network it really shows the disparity against its competitors.
    Well it’s not like it’s a secret... they’re at the bottom of every ranking for a reason.

    They say admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Brookline, MA
    Posts
    27
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    We use Sprint because it’s the cheapest, not because it’s the best.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    640
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Guess we won't be seeing any more of those "we're within 1% of Verizon" ad's any longer then? Lol

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using HoFo mobile app

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,985
    Feedback Score
    0
    Their LTE network does seem behind the other 3 so that's no mystery. It seems like sprint will have a lot of struggle if they go it alone. Regulators should be able to see that and approve the deal. Without the deal I'm thinking sprint will be scraps down the road.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,069
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    if this doesnt work, its going backfire on sprint soooooooo hard!!!..and they will never make a come back.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    242
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    if this doesnt work, its going backfire on sprint soooooooo hard!!!..and they will never make a come back.
    Comeback? Playoffs? You're talking about playoffs? The game was decided over a decade ago. This is not going to be what does Sprint in if the strategy for the merger fails. People have shorter memories than ever, and for the few of us who do remember, it's like swarmer said, we use them because they're the cheapest, not because they're the best or even mediocre. In other words, Sprint's best customers are the ones who already know the network sucks and don't care.

    While I agree that if the merger fails, Sprint will be toast, it's going to be due to mismanagement and waste for over a decade and not due to some PR blunder that only maybe 5% of the general population is even paying attention to while it's happening, much less could remember in the long term.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,398
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    Comeback? Playoffs? You're talking about playoffs? The game was decided over a decade ago. This is not going to be what does Sprint in if the strategy for the merger fails. People have shorter memories than ever, and for the few of us who do remember, it's like swarmer said, we use them because they're the cheapest, not because they're the best or even mediocre. In other words, Sprint's best customers are the ones who already know the network sucks and don't care.

    While I agree that if the merger fails, Sprint will be toast, it's going to be due to mismanagement and waste for over a decade and not due to some PR blunder that only maybe 5% of the general population is even paying attention to while it's happening, much less could remember in the long term.
    Anyone else remember former CEO Marcelo Claure bragging that they’d have the “best network” by 2017?

    https://money.cnn.com/2015/09/18/tec...ork/index.html


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,398
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Guess we won't be seeing any more of those "we're within 1% of Verizon" ad's any longer then? Lol

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using HoFo mobile app
    Ironically, in terms of population covered, they probably are.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,535
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Disclaimer: The maps I posted above do not include Sprint's 1x or 3G EVDO networks respectively; some of which they are currently in the process of refarming for LTE.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Brookline, MA
    Posts
    27
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Guess we won't be seeing any more of those "we're within 1% of Verizon" ad's any longer then? Lol

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using HoFo mobile app
    I think the "within 1%" was referring to network reliability, not coverage, right? And it's probably accurate -- Sprint's network works about 99% of the time in my experience.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,507
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    That was the misleading part. For anyone here we would understand what they mean by reliability however it was phrased in the commercial to make it seem as though they were talking about coverage which the average person would never pick up on.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,574
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Name:  sprint.jpg
Views: 972
Size:  57.7 KB

    Yes you read that right! Do not adjust your AMOLED or Super Retina display.

    In a recent filing called: “Sprint’s Network Faces Severe Challenges” the beleaguered carrier overlays its LTE coverage against T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon. By showcasing only its LTE network it really shows the disparity against its competitors.

    But there is a reason behind the madness. By industry perspective it appears that Sprint may be trying to win sympathy as a strategy to win over the FCC's blessing. It feels that by pointing out its weaknesses the whole concept of allowing the merger to proceed should be a no-brainer.

    See the comparison images Sprint has ceded to regulators of its LTE network compared to T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon respectively.

    Name:  sprint-lte-coverage.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  37.9 KB

    What do you guys think? Is this a winning strategy?




    Source: https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/28/sprint-bad-lte-coverage/
    That's LTE. Att likely has the rest covered with HSPA+

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,574
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Disclaimer: The maps I posted above do not include Sprint's 1x or 3G EVDO networks respectively; some of which they are currently in the process of refarming for LTE.
    It also doesnt include uscc LTE roaming and other carriers that count as native. For some reason Sprint doesn't include that in there coverage map. If they did the LTE coverage would be larger. I am for the merger cause of coverage

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wind Mobile teases its LTE network ‘is coming’
    By djino in forum Freedom Mobile (previously Wind Mobile)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-25-2016, 01:55 PM
  2. AT&T's 4G LTE network is live in San Francisco (testing) 18891kbps
    By CA in forum AT&T Network Expansion and Upgrades
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 03:59 AM
  3. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 10:09 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 09:03 AM
  5. Sprints network is busy in Orlando?
    By FLATMOBILEBOY in forum Sprint
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2004, 09:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks