Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sprint Claims its LTE Network is Bad in Move To Help Merger with T-Mobile

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Sprint Claims its LTE Network is Bad in Move To Help Merger with T-Mobile

Name:  sprint.jpg
Views: 972
Size:  57.7 KB

Yes you read that right! Do not adjust your AMOLED or Super Retina display.

In a recent filing called: “Sprint’s Network Faces Severe Challenges” the beleaguered carrier overlays its LTE coverage against T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon. By showcasing only its LTE network it really shows the disparity against its competitors.

But there is a reason behind the madness. By industry perspective it appears that Sprint may be trying to win sympathy as a strategy to win over the FCC's blessing. It feels that by pointing out its weaknesses the whole concept of allowing the merger to proceed should be a no-brainer.

See the comparison images Sprint has ceded to regulators of its LTE network compared to T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon respectively.

Name:  sprint-lte-coverage.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  37.9 KB

What do you guys think? Is this a winning strategy?

Source: https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/28/sprint-bad-lte-coverage/
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Is it just me or does T-Mobile's map look a little more filled in than AT&T out west?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Sprint Claims its LTE Network is Bad in Move To Help Merger with T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post

In a recent filing called: “Sprint’s Network Faces Severe Challenges” the beleaguered carrier overlays its LTE coverage against T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon. By showcasing only its LTE network it really shows the disparity against its competitors.
    Well it’s not like it’s a secret... they’re at the bottom of every ranking for a reason.

They say admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    We use Sprint because it’s the cheapest, not because it’s the best.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Guess we won't be seeing any more of those "we're within 1% of Verizon" ad's any longer then? Lol

Sent from my XT1635-01 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Their LTE network does seem behind the other 3 so that's no mystery. It seems like sprint will have a lot of struggle if they go it alone. Regulators should be able to see that and approve the deal. Without the deal I'm thinking sprint will be scraps down the road.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    if this doesnt work, its going backfire on sprint soooooooo hard!!!..and they will never make a come back.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    if this doesnt work, its going backfire on sprint soooooooo hard!!!..and they will never make a come back.
    Comeback? Playoffs? You're talking about playoffs? The game was decided over a decade ago. This is not going to be what does Sprint in if the strategy for the merger fails. People have shorter memories than ever, and for the few of us who do remember, it's like swarmer said, we use them because they're the cheapest, not because they're the best or even mediocre. In other words, Sprint's best customers are the ones who already know the network sucks and don't care.

While I agree that if the merger fails, Sprint will be toast, it's going to be due to mismanagement and waste for over a decade and not due to some PR blunder that only maybe 5% of the general population is even paying attention to while it's happening, much less could remember in the long term.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    Comeback? Playoffs? You're talking about playoffs? The game was decided over a decade ago. This is not going to be what does Sprint in if the strategy for the merger fails. People have shorter memories than ever, and for the few of us who do remember, it's like swarmer said, we use them because they're the cheapest, not because they're the best or even mediocre. In other words, Sprint's best customers are the ones who already know the network sucks and don't care.

While I agree that if the merger fails, Sprint will be toast, it's going to be due to mismanagement and waste for over a decade and not due to some PR blunder that only maybe 5% of the general population is even paying attention to while it's happening, much less could remember in the long term.
    Anyone else remember former CEO Marcelo Claure bragging that they’d have the “best network” by 2017?

https://money.cnn.com/2015/09/18/tec...ork/index.html

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Guess we won't be seeing any more of those "we're within 1% of Verizon" ad's any longer then? Lol

Ironically, in terms of population covered, they probably are.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Disclaimer: The maps I posted above do not include Sprint's 1x or 3G EVDO networks respectively; some of which they are currently in the process of refarming for LTE.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post

I think the "within 1%" was referring to network reliability, not coverage, right? And it's probably accurate -- Sprint's network works about 99% of the time in my experience.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That was the misleading part. For anyone here we would understand what they mean by reliability however it was phrased in the commercial to make it seem as though they were talking about coverage which the average person would never pick up on.

Feedback Score

But there is a reason behind the madness. By industry perspective it appears that Sprint may be trying to win sympathy as a strategy to win over the FCC's blessing. It feels that by pointing out its weaknesses the whole concept of allowing the merger to proceed should be a no-brainer.

See the comparison images Sprint has ceded to regulators of its LTE network compared to T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon respectively.

Name:  sprint-lte-coverage.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  37.9 KB

What do you guys think? Is this a winning strategy?

Source: https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/28/sprint-bad-lte-coverage/
    That's LTE. Att likely has the rest covered with HSPA+

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Disclaimer: The maps I posted above do not include Sprint's 1x or 3G EVDO networks respectively; some of which they are currently in the process of refarming for LTE.
    It also doesnt include uscc LTE roaming and other carriers that count as native. For some reason Sprint doesn't include that in there coverage map. If they did the LTE coverage would be larger. I am for the merger cause of coverage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast