Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: AT&T and Harman bring connected features to your existing car

Feedback Score
    Does anyone else have one of these devices in their hands, activated, and using it?

if NOT, then everything stated thus far is pure speculation. . . .

Someone report back WHEN you have one working.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    It hasn’t been confirmed that you can or can’t remove the Spark from a car or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The ToS confirmed it since day 1. And you even state it yourself, what you read in the ToS, on page 1 of the thread.

AT&T reserves the right to terminate service if the device is plugged into anything other than the vehicle.
    If AT&T does not enforce any of the terms or restrictions of its service offerings, it’s not a waiver of AT&T’s right to enforce those terms or restrictions. If AT&T determines your use of the services violates any of the applicable terms or polices found in the Wireless Customer Agreement, we may in our sole discretion suspend, modify, terminate, or restrict your service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSquabbles View Post
    The ToS confirmed it since day 1. And you even state it yourself, what you read in the ToS, on page 1 of the thread.
    Just because the TOS says you are not allowed to use it outside a vehicle, doesn't mean that someone can't figure out how to do it without AT&T finding out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wwglen View Post
    Just because the TOS says you are not allowed to use it outside a vehicle, doesn't mean that someone can't figure out how to do it without AT&T finding out.
    It may be tougher this time as the Telemetrics part is required. Allowing them to collect data about your car's health and location is part of the plan. When or whether they do anything if no data is collected is up in the air. I got enough ****** companies collecting my data and I don't need to pay another company to collect more.

So many people don't mind these companies collecting their data because they have "nothing to hide," yet they say that behind anonymous usernames. If I approach you on the street and ask your name, if you're married, how many kids you have, how much do you make a year, etc... all of they sudden that info is something that they'll want to hide even though I really can't do anything useful with that info.

Feedback Score
    It may be tougher this time as the Telemetrics part is required. Allowing them to collect data about your car's health and location is part of the plan. When or whether they do anything if no data is collected is up in the air. I got enough ****** companies collecting my data and I don't need to pay another company to collect more.

So many people don't mind these companies collecting their data because they have "nothing to hide," yet they say that behind anonymous usernames. If I approach you on the street and ask your name, if you're married, how many kids you have, how much do you make a year, etc... all of they sudden that info is something that they'll want to hide even though I really can't do anything useful with that info.
    I don't think they can see how many kids you have through your OBD port.

Feedback Score
    My latest post weren’t about whether or not it’s against ToS which it is but whether or not the Spark can be used outside of a vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FYI user macher52 is a not so good troll, hell keep asking the same questions which i have answer the user MANY of times but still continues to ask..bringing up stuff that been said 1k before...TOS is his main thing...this is just a warning that ur wasting ur time replying to this user..

dont feed the fire!

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wwglen View Post
    yes this wont happen ATT is going lock this plan/device down to use ONLY in ur car

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    I don't think they can see how many kids you have through your OBD port.
    No, but they can see websites accessed, see how many devices are simultaneously connected to websites or shows marketed to children, and guess how many kids are currently in the car or know that there's at least one. Then they'll see you went to a toy store, later back home, next to a strip club, then to a known trap house to shoot up...

Add that the ToS says you have to install the Harmon app for some more invasive tracking - and I'm sure most regular folk won't unistall after set up - finding out how many kids you have through a hotspot connected to you OBD is child's play.

Feedback Score
    No, but they can see websites accessed, see how many devices are simultaneously connected to websites or shows marketed to children, and guess how many kids are currently in the car or know that there's at least one. Then they'll see you went to a toy store, later back home, next to a strip club, then to a known trap house to shoot up...

Add that the ToS says you have to install the Harmon app for some more invasive tracking - and I'm sure most regular folk won't unistall after set up - finding out how many kids you have through a hotspot connected to you OBD is child's play.
    Wrong again, I don't go to Toy stores.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    Wrong again, I don't go to Toy stores.
    Ah-ha! you didn't deny the other three.. adding this info to my file, lol.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Visible, AT&T 2016 UL, Mobley CCU, ATT 500GB rural plan
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    yes this wont happen ATT is going lock this plan/device down to use ONLY in ur car
    Well, yes actually. IF att has this sending diagnostic info from the engine and other parameters we aren't aware of, ATT could in theory be looking for certain info in order to stay engaged. However, every bit of this is speculation until someone actually has the device and knows what parameters are being looked for by the device. Then it will be the matter of IF someone can actively create an environment that the device is okay with in simulating whatever data or parameters the device is looking for outside of a vehicle.
    Visible Early Access Code-90CC6

Feedback Score
    EXACTLY, ***SPECULATION***. No one has reported purchasing one of these yet, let alone using it.

Feedback Score
    The advantage of the Mobley to the iPad plan was $7/month.

This plan offers a locked down hardware device, very specific language in the contract that disallows general use, and a higher price than the iPad plan (because you pay taxes on the $30).

So it's pointless.

Even if someone manages to hack the device to work outside a car, it's pretty pointless.
    Last edited by quadcrap1; 10-10-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Device(s)
    Imate K-Jam
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Of course it all may be moot. There are indications here and on Reddit that ATT may be cracking down on the ipad plan in the near future. There is also some talk that they may be moving towards restricting SIM swapping into hotspots for plans that are not supposed to allow that. If or when who knows, we will just have to see how it plays out.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast