Thread: AT&T and Harman bring connected features to your existing car

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    I believe the Metro PCS one gives someone the ability to unlock their car with it (if you lock yourself out). The T-Mobile one does not. T-Mobile rep confirmed both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thats what i thought too but a rep told me, thats part of the road side assistance..if u get lock out a tow truck comes out and unlocks it for u along with tows and gas...i wonder how many miles they give u for a tow?

also i wonder if the device has to be in ur car plug in like att does?

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Visible, AT&T 2016 UL, Mobley CCU, ATT 500GB rural plan
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    gaming on ur phone yes, gaming on a laptop prob not...these car devices are meant for phones and tablets
    Nah m8. Many people game with hotspots and these mobleys. I personally get 30 ping and very good download with it. Perfect for online gaming. Plus, he wasn't even talking about that iirc, he's talking about AT&T and their decision making processes.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The pictures clearly show a SIM card slot, so unless ATT checks for the Harman device, you should be ok to use it in any hotspot. Whether thats right or wrong according to ToS is debatable but it may work.

https://fccid.io/2AHPN-HSA-15UA-AA/I...Photos-3954696

The device uses GPS to know to shut off after 30 mins of no movement, so youd at least need to spoof GPS if you cant turn that feature off. Not to mention emulate OBD-II if it looked for other parameters such as VIN number.

Going to be a lot easier to just take the SIM out..... Something tells me they will check for the Harman device this time around though, I think they learned from the mobely.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andben2 View Post
    The pictures clearly show a SIM card slot, so unless ATT checks for the Harman device, you should be ok to use it in any hotspot. Whether thats right or wrong according to ToS is debatable but it may work.

https://fccid.io/2AHPN-HSA-15UA-AA/I...Photos-3954696

The device uses GPS to know to shut off after 30 mins of no movement, so youd at least need to spoof GPS if you cant turn that feature off. Not to mention emulate OBD-II if it looked for other parameters such as VIN number.

Going to be a lot easier to just take the SIM out..... Something tells me they will check for the Harman device this time around though, I think they learned from the mobely.....
    Will the Harman be the same code as the Mobley?

Feedback Score
    The new unlimited In Car WiFi plan is $30 per month, $10 more than built-in connected vehicle hotspots and the original stand alone unlimited data Mobley plan.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    The new unlimited In Car WiFi plan is $30 per month, $10 more than built-in connected vehicle hotspots and the original stand alone unlimited data Mobley plan.
    Will it have a removable SIM or eSIM?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    Will it have a removable SIM or eSIM?

This new device has a SIM card which can be removed. I am not sure if the SIM will work in other devices or how strict AT&T will enforce the "in vehicle use only" clause of the plan.

AT&T may have a special SIM in this device, similar to the SIM in the AT&T Home Phone & Internet devices. If that is the case with this device, data services would be blocked on the SIM outside the device of which that SIM was activated.
    Last edited by schippma; 09-28-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    This new device has a SIM card which can be removed. I am not sure if the SIM will work in other devices or how strict AT&T will enforce the "in vehicle use only" clause of the plan.

AT&T may have a special SIM in this device, similar to the SIM in the AT&T Home Phone & Internet devices. If that is the case with this device, data services would be blocked on the SIM outside the device of which that SIM was activated.
    I called and checked. Was told it doesn’t have a removable SIM card.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    I called and checked. Was told it doesn’t have a removable SIM card.
    Looking at the product description online, it does have a removable Micro SIM.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    At $30, there is no reason to sign up for this plan.

Feedback Score
    How long before AT&T starts sending these out as Mobley replacements?

Feedback Score

AT&T and Harman bring connected features to your existing car

Quote Originally Posted by islapete View Post
    How long before AT&T starts sending these out as Mobley replacements?
    I asked about that when I called. It’s a different plan. The Mobley was data only and the Harman wouldn’t be compatible.

Feedback Score
    The internal photos show a Sim slot. But it appears there is no door to access it. Disassembly required?

Feedback Score

AT&T and Harman bring connected features to your existing car

Quote Originally Posted by roscoe1972 View Post
    The internal photos show a Sim slot. But it appears there is no door to access it. Disassembly required?
    Yea there are reports on a Sim slot but not sure if it’s removable or not. Have to wait until we get it.

Also there there’s a ToS that states “For in-car use only. Telematics required. AT&T reserves the right to terminate service if the device is plugged into anything other than the vehicle.”

It’s evident they’ll know when the device is plugged into anything other than the vehicle with the Harman. They do know when the Mobley SIM isn’t in the Mobley device but the old Mobley ToS from what I remember didn’t specify.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a & 4xl; Moto X4 & 7; ZTE R2; iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    You know the Torrent Troubadors will be busy trying to hack solutions for use outside of motor vehicles. It will be interesting to see what “creative” solutions are created.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast